[RC] Classifieds MOD 2.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
keith10456

Re: [BETA] Classifieds MOD 0.9.1

Post by keith10456 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:03 pm

FNolan wrote:
Kamahl19 wrote:
heredia21 wrote:How can make it to where you need at least 100 posts to post ads.
to FNolan:
2. done
3. done
4. I don't understand what you mean :)

whats more? :)
What I mean for number 4 is this . . .

See it HERE

Right now I have it added to show in all classifieds and first post in all threads so anyone can use it to Twitter, FB, MS and 200 other options the classified or post. This is a must have for classifieds so people can share them with others. If I download and install your updated version I'll have to go back in and re-edit the file I added it to to work in the classifieds.

Thanks for 2 and 3, what about number 1 ?
That's a 3rd party function/feature/addon. I don't think that should be added to the mod.

However, if those features were duplicated - without needing the AddThis website - then it would be a nice addition.

Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:35 pm

7emper5i wrote:With 2 different Userlevels I mean, that supporters should get something in return, that they are supporting the board.

What comes to mind is maybe just an other border / other placement for the items, supporters will place with the mod.
Nice idea. I will do the separated area for some special Ads, which will be marked as special by Admin in ACP.
7emper5i wrote:The Auction-Modifikation should be an add on for classifieds and no stand-alone, because it is easier to look for items in just one part of the forum, than to switch between two different places.
Finally, I will do probably 2 separated MODs, but after finishing Classifieds.
7emper5i wrote:Question:
Is it reasonable to use this mod already in a live-board?
When you'll update the mod, is it possible to make the codechanges, without killing all the already existing offers?
Yes you can use this on a live board. I will do also upgrade instructions (there already are from 0.8.0 - 0.9.0 and 0.9.0 to 0.9.1) and if I would not do codechanges, you can easily rewrite all the files and uninstal MOD using the old MODx install file, and then install it with the new one. All SQL updates will be done by runing classifieds_install.php :) So upgrading is very easy
FNolan wrote: What I mean for number 4 is this . . .

See it HERE
I am sorry but as it was said, it is a third party aplication, it needs registration to use it. So I dont see way how to implement this to my MOD. If you someone has the similar script, please write it here :)
FNolan wrote: Thanks for 2 and 3, what about number 1 ?
Number 1 is something what I am not sure how to do. And it is not so important, so now I am not interested in it. But thanks for idea.

to heredia21: just insert url with http:// to the input called Thumbnail. It will be shown. Later I will improve it so you wont need to write with http:// but you will can :)

I will check the issue that orhers see delete and edit links, thanks

heredia21

Post by heredia21 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:44 pm

How about adding a "Featured" list of ads
Best BlackBerry website for all users! BlackBerry News - http://blackberryempire.com

heredia21

Post by heredia21 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:50 pm

to heredia21: just insert url with http:// to the input called Thumbnail. It will be shown. Later I will improve it so you wont need to write with http:// but you will can :)

I will check the issue that orhers see delete and edit links, thanks
Where do we insert url? when we click Thumbnail it is asking that we upload a file.

-----Edit. Found it.
Best BlackBerry website for all users! BlackBerry News - http://blackberryempire.com

heredia21

Post by heredia21 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Do you plan on making the edits for subsilver2 based?

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:20 pm

heredia21 wrote:Do you plan on making the edits for subsilver2 based?
I am sorry but not yet.
What do you mean by Ads list? :)

emerald

Post by emerald » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:32 pm

a reply on my post
emerald wrote:
Kamahl19 wrote:Integration with any points system is not in plan yet. Maybe later. Now I am improving this MOD and thinking about Auction.
I cant decide if it would be better to do 2 different MODs, one would be Classifieds where peolpe set the price which they want for goods and they sell it to 1. interested one, and second one would be an Auction MOD which would be very simmilar but seller would set the deadline and others could raise, like classis auction on ebay :)
I think it is better to seperate classifieds and auctions. no one on my board would start an auction. they sell, buy or do a trade (item-exchange).

I have next idea for Classifieds MOD, that seller can add to buyer some good or bad points with comment and buyer can do the same for seller. But I dont know how I can fix that these points and comments will be real and only buyer do it for seller and backwards. Because when there will be 2 friends on the board they can add good comments to each other. Maybe this feature would be great for Auction because only after winning the auction there would be possibility to add comment (after receiving goods etc)
if you are interested in creating an auction mod, so you are maybe interested to get in touch with the author auf "phpbb auctions"?
it was made for phpbb 2 and the author doesn't seem to be motivated enough for creating a new version for phpbb3... ;)

concerning feeedback:
why do not use shmk's feedback mod?
it is very easy to 'connect' these two. so every one can decide if he/she wants a feedback area or not.
a reply would be great...

wintstar

Post by wintstar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:34 pm

To see who is online classifieds , the installation click here http://classifieds.wintstar.de/viewtopi ... 5&p=12#p12

Stephan

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:06 pm

sry emerald, too much posts for me :) I will probably contact that man, or install that MOD on phpbb2 and check the functions. Thanks

Shmks feedback can be cool, I will check it later, but I guess it will be too complicated MOD, I plane something simple just as a function of auction :) I will see

to wintstar: I did it in 0.9.2, just wait for the release :) But feel free to make some changes, maybe I will use some of them for the next releases, but it would be better if you wont release them publicly just for me via PM, because it could be confugins during updating for users who use your changes :)

wintstar

Post by wintstar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:20 pm

Ok I will do, thank you

Greatings
wintstar

7emper5i
Name: Philipp R.

Post by 7emper5i » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Kamahl19 wrote:All SQL updates will be done by runing classifieds_install.php :) So upgrading is very easy
Thought so, but out of experience I came to know, that some upgrades does come with a complete reset of all the entries users have made.

That's what I am concerned about. ;)

You know..., some offers are no big deal..., but a whole new knowledgebase for example .. :roll: :mrgreen:

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:00 pm

to wintstar: thank you too
7emper5i wrote: Thought so, but out of experience I came to know, that some upgrades does come with a complete reset of all the entries users have made.
Dont worry, you wont loose anything :)

7emper5i
Name: Philipp R.

Post by 7emper5i » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:19 pm

I appreciate this ;)

started to rewrite this mod myself, but I am just in the beginning of programming, and you are doing such a great job, that I stopped all my efforts and wait, what you'll bring to an end..

and then, I try to add, what comes to my mind and wasn't already done by you. ;)

Thumbs up,
Greets,
Phil

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:03 am

Working on 0.9.2

heredia21

Post by heredia21 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:13 am

Can't wait. Thanks for all the updates. Awesome mod!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”