[RC] Classifieds MOD 2.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Dr DBW

Re: [BETA] Classifieds MOD 0.9.1

Post by Dr DBW » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:05 pm

Excuses, excuses ;)

Another one that I had forgotten, RSS feed.

Keep up the good work, we are stoked that someone decided to pick this one up again :)

Dr DBW

Post by Dr DBW » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:36 pm

I have to get around to upgrading to the latest version you have posted, but with 0.8 there are problems with people other than administrators being able to edit or delete ads. Even if the permissions have been set correctly to allow them to do those actions, unless they are an administrator they cannot do anything. Something a bit weird going on there.

Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:00 pm

Dr DBW wrote:I have to get around to upgrading to the latest version you have posted, but with 0.8 there are problems with people other than administrators being able to edit or delete ads. Even if the permissions have been set correctly to allow them to do those actions, unless they are an administrator they cannot do anything. Something a bit weird going on there.
I am sorry but I dont understand your problem properly. My 0.9.1 has some problems with permissions, or it is solved after update, or? :)

Dr DBW

Post by Dr DBW » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:41 pm

Not sure if it is there with 0.9, as I have not gotten around to updating from 0.8

Just wanted to point out that with 0.8 there seems to be some permission issues, which may still be there with 0.9 unless you have changed something.

When I finally get the chance to upgrade, will let you know if it is still an issue etc.

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:40 am

Aha, okey :) I have thought you did the upgrade :)

I think I solved this issue yet

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:07 pm

Version 0.9.2 is almost finished. There are many new features (specially for admins and moderators).

wintstar

Post by wintstar » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:24 pm

Great, there are many changes in the language files?

Stephan

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:44 pm

Mostly in ACP

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:43 am

Version 0.9.2 released

Thanks a lot for your proposals, I have done most of them in 0.9.2 :)
Dr DBW wrote:Handling of images the same as the default for the forms, current if the image is large it overlaps the text box and goes out the side of the browser box. On the forums a large image is simple cut off. Much neater.
done
Dr DBW wrote:Bulk pruning of ads. Currently have to removed each and everyone one individually. Two options here, tick boxes on the ads list page in the ACP, or enter a date range and remove all of those between those dates.
done
Dr DBW wrote:Ability to change the number of ads listed in the ACP on each page.
done
Dr DBW wrote:Separate list in the ACP for current and expired ads
done
Dr DBW wrote:Another thing that I have just thought of, the ability to classify the ads into types. On our implimentation of this MOD, we use the following as a prefix for each ad, would be good if this was set up through a drop down menu / separate category set up.
  • WTB: (wanted to buy)
  • FS: (for sale)
  • FT: (for trade)
  • FS/FT: (for sale or trade)
  • EOI: (expressions of interest), or
  • FREE:
done
emerald wrote:I would like to have 2 areas for finished items: 1 for sold stuff and 1 for expired stuff.
the first one should be a "non-editable items" area, perhaps with the possibility of pruning :)
done
heredia21 wrote:How can make it to where you need atleast 100 posts to post ads.
done
FNolan wrote:I edited mine to remove the need for a price, make it optional in your version. On my site people post things they sell on PODs, they don't need to put a price in, a potential customer will go to the main POD site for more info and to order.
done
FNolan wrote:On the main page where items are listed, make the thumbnail a link to the classified not just the text link.
done
FNolan wrote:Add a AddThis button automatically to any ad so if someone wants they can share the classified via their favorite networking site
done
Dr DBW wrote:Location, which ads can be sorted / searched by. This was in the phpCA for phpBB2, was great. Not the location field of a users profile, but a separate category which people can select and list by.
I don't understand
Dr DBW wrote:Logging of ad deletion etc in the ACP moderators log.
not so important yet
Dr DBW wrote:Limitation on how many active ads a user can have at a time, or number of ads that can be posted within a given time frame.
maybe in future
Dr DBW wrote:The paypal / fee component that with 0.8.0 you had to pay for to get, really wanted this but I showed up when the developer disappeared, so had not chance of getting it. Main part of this that is of interest is people paying a small fee for being able to post ads, including possibility of some groups being excluded (they don't need to have credits to be able to post an ad) or being allocated a given number of free credits (select the group then state increase all of their credits by a given number, above and beyond what it is currently).
I cant imagine this properly but I probably like it
Dr DBW wrote:Bit more of an out there one, coupling of this MOD with Gallery, so that you can upload your images to that MOD while adding your ad and use them in your ad.
I am not interested in this one
Dr DBW wrote:RSS feed
I am sorry but I probably cant do this, I dont know how
aurora876 wrote: i would like the possibility to "report this ad" :)
I have not done this yet, but I plan it for the future
keith10456 wrote:It would be great to have an integration with Ultimate Points Mod.
I am not interested in this one
emerald wrote: perhaps it would also be nice to have a - only for mods and admins viewable - category for items which caused trouble...
in future
7emper5i wrote:Then it would be a "nice to have", if it is possible, that there are 2 userlevels for adding ads.
Background:
Some Boards have supporters, which support with money or by making special deals for the stuff, they are dealing with.
To give them the oportunity, to advertise with their special offers, it would be usefull, if these usergroups
would get a separate userlevel.
in future

heredia21

Re: [RC1] [NEW] Classifieds MOD 0.9.2

Post by heredia21 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:58 am

Wow. about to update now. are the update instructions in the contrib file?
Best BlackBerry website for all users! BlackBerry News - http://blackberryempire.com

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:11 am

yes, there are update instructions

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:15 pm

Kamahl19 wrote:yes, there are update instructions
Thanks a million!!!

wintstar

Post by wintstar » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:33 pm

German Translate and Demo http://classifieds.wintstar.de/portal.php

Stephan

purusam

Post by purusam » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:24 pm

Instead of labeling the ads with WTB: (Wanted To Buy)
FS: (for sale)
FT (for trade)
FS / FT (for sale or trade)
EOI (Expressions of interest), or
FREE:

you can have headlines that you click on and then the only adds example Fs shows up for sale

Kamahl19

Post by Kamahl19 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:17 am

purusam wrote:Instead of labeling the ads with WTB: (Wanted To Buy)
FS: (for sale)
FT (for trade)
FS / FT (for sale or trade)
EOI (Expressions of interest), or
FREE:

you can have headlines that you click on and then the only adds example Fs shows up for sale
I am not sure what do you mean by this. You want a function to list only WTB or only for sale ads? I will add it to the next version.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”