[ABD]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Re: [RC]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Post by Volksdevil » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:47 pm

Yeah, no stress Addison 8-) Appreciate the level of support you give as it is. And with the mod pretty much there I think you deserve to take it easy a little :D ;) :lol:

I just noticed what Webstr mentioned too after trying to preview/edit posts. But as said, the mod itself does work damn well. Just a few tweaks and it's one of the best mods around.
My phpBB Extensions
Finally found great Website Hosting from Image KUALO!
Do NOT use 123-reg.co.uk - Incapable of running phpBB!
:ugeek: TekNeil - Streamer on Mixer | My Volkswagen Corrado G60

vonkhades

Post by vonkhades » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi all,

in our forum we are really looking into one of the planned features
Planned Features:

* Ability to register x number of guests optional feature.
The requirement we have is to be able to register to multiple events of the same thread, this is mainly because we have a weekly thread (which is edited thru the week) by adding events. And events are in different days-hours.

I would like to know if there is any planned date moreless of couse for this, anyway I'would try too to make this myself using the attendance mod as base code for that, so I would like to know if any of you have tried this or have any insights suggestions for me to start??

Thanks a lot!!

vonkhades

Post by vonkhades » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:01 pm

By the way, we have this mod already installed (1.0.3) and work very nice! Thanks a lot for it!

VTXrider
Name: Jim Hughes

Post by VTXrider » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:02 am

I have a web site http://www.thevtxriders.info with phpbb forums and have installed the attendance mod. I have been using the mod since NetizenKane created it. I just installed it on my new site and have a problem I can't seem to fix.
The text on the registration does not line up. When adding an attendance to a post the right side is cut off and the color picker is at the bottom of the screen and does not appear except for the X to close the picker.
Any ideas on how to fix this.
Any guidance anyone can give me would be appreciated. This is the most useful mod out there.
Jim Hughes

VTXrider

Post by VTXrider » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:00 pm

Anyone?

wired076

Post by wired076 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:38 pm

VTXrider wrote:Anyone?
VTXrider I am sorry I have been unable to get back to you for a few days. I have been burning the candle at both ends way too much this week.

I will come back with a reply at the latest by tomorrow night.

I hope this is ok.

VTXrider

Post by VTXrider » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:22 pm

Thanks wired076, I know the feeling.

tuber

Post by tuber » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:03 am

Just recently started helping maintain our club site forum www.edmontonjeep.com/forum, which has been running the Attendance Mod for at least the past couple years. Last week I had to update our message board to phpBB 3.08. Now, any post using the Attendance Mod is returning an error:

Code: Select all

template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/MegamanBB/template/viewtopic_am_0.html does not exist or is empty
I downloaded the latest version of Attendance Mod, and attempted installing it via Automod. A number of errors were returned - and some of the entries were reporting "This MOD has an invalid instruction, or an in-line find operation failed"

I'm not certain what version of AM is installed exactly - but the forum was previously running phpBB 3.04

Any suggestions/recommendations regarding getting this mod working again would be great!

wired076

Post by wired076 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:34 am

tuber wrote:Just recently started helping maintain our club site forum http://www.edmontonjeep.com/forum, which has been running the Attendance Mod for at least the past couple years. Last week I had to update our message board to phpBB 3.08. Now, any post using the Attendance Mod is returning an error:

template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/MegamanBB/template/viewtopic_am_0.html does not exist or is empty
I downloaded the latest version of Attendance Mod, and attempted installing it via Automod. A number of errors were returned - and some of the entries were reporting "This MOD has an invalid instruction, or an in-line find operation failed"

I'm not certain what version of AM is installed exactly - but the forum was previously running phpBB 3.04

Any suggestions/recommendations regarding getting this mod working again would be great!
Hi Tuber,

Great to hear you are using the am mod.

The following error:

Means that you have not copied the files from root/styles/prosilver in the AM Mod Package into the megamanBB styles folder.

Try this and it should remove your problem.

Also ensure you have made all the required edits to the style as specified in the install instructions.

You should not need to worry about using AutoMod in this case.

wired076

Post by wired076 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:37 am

VTXrider wrote:Thanks wired076, I know the feeling.
VTXrider I tried to have a look at your site but the provided user + pass pm'ed to me isn't working.

Please advise.

Otherwise check your style edits have been performed correctly.

wired076

Post by wired076 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:40 am

Volksdevil wrote:Yeah, no stress Addison 8-) Appreciate the level of support you give as it is. And with the mod pretty much there I think you deserve to take it easy a little :D ;) :lol:

I just noticed what Webstr mentioned too after trying to preview/edit posts. But as said, the mod itself does work damn well. Just a few tweaks and it's one of the best mods around.
Hi Volksdevil!

I will try and look into this problem this week!

I must have missed committing this to SVN as I know I fixed this previously.

Cheers.

tuber

Post by tuber » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:59 am

Thank you wired076 - uploading those files does allow the threads containing an Attendance/Registration module to display without the general error now :D - unfortunately the modules themselves aren't showing up.

I did try the install again, and made all of the requested edits wherever possible - however, there were some requested changes that I wasn't able to find - perhaps due to other mods that are installed?.

When running the /root/install/index.php page, there were errors due to tables/rows that already existed.

When trying to install via Automod, there's a number of files listed under New Files - all with error at the end each of their rows. I did ftp the files to the locations, so I'm not sure what the error is specifically about.

Any assistance in getting this working is appreciated!

wired076

Post by wired076 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:01 am

tuber wrote:Thank you wired076 - uploading those files does allow the threads containing an Attendance/Registration module to display without the general error now :D - unfortunately the modules themselves aren't showing up.

I did try the install again, and made all of the requested edits wherever possible - however, there were some requested changes that I wasn't able to find - perhaps due to other mods that are installed?.

When running the /root/install/index.php page, there were errors due to tables/rows that already existed.

When trying to install via Automod, there's a number of files listed under New Files - all with error at the end each of their rows. I did ftp the files to the locations, so I'm not sure what the error is specifically about.

Any assistance in getting this working is appreciated!
Please provide me with the edits that you were unable to complete.

The install may have encountered errors if you already had a version of AM 0.2.7 or less. You can ignore these errors if just sql errors.

Please advise.

Bart_0

Post by Bart_0 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:23 am

Hi

Just installed this mod today and I think its causing an error in apache.

File does not exist: /var/www/phpbb/styles/black_pearl/theme/{T_THEME_PATH}

It only sets the error when I open a post that is using the AM.

I searched for {T_THEME_PATH} in the mod files and came up up with the following file.

var img = thisObj.getElementsByTagName('IMG')[0];
				img.src = "{T_THEME_PATH}/images/tab_right_active.gif"
				img.src = img.src.replace(/inactive/,'active');
				contentDiv.style.display='block';
				activeColorDiv = contentDiv;
			}
			else
			{
				subDiv.className = 'colorPickerTab_inactive';
				var img = subDiv.getElementsByTagName('IMG')[0];
				img.src = "{T_THEME_PATH}/images/tab_right_inactive.gif";
				if(activeColorDiv)
tab_right_inactive.gif or tab_right_active.gif do not exist. Im not sure if this is causing the error or not.
Any help would be appreciated....TIA

tuber

Post by tuber » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:33 am

wired076 wrote: Please provide me with the edits that you were unable to complete.

The install may have encountered errors if you already had a version of AM 0.2.7 or less. You can ignore these errors if just sql errors.

Please advise.
After running install, all new files are listed with "error" in the last column.

In the File edits list:
includes/functions_admin.php

Add After
// --- Attendance Mod End -----------------------------------------------------
The Find specified by the MOD could not be found
In-Line Find
This MOD has an invalid instruction, or an in-line find operation failed.

styles/prosilver/template/posting_buttons.html

Find
var panels = new Array('options-panel', 'attach-panel', 'poll-panel');
Add After
	<!-- Attendance Mod End -->
In-Line Find
styles/prosilver/template/search_results.html

Find
<!-- IF searchresults.S_TOPIC_REPORTED --><a href="{searchresults.U_MCP_REPORT}">{REPORTED_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF --><br />
Add After
<!-- Attendance Mod Start --><!-- IF searchresults.S_TOPIC_REGISTRATION -->&nbsp;{searchresults.TOPIC_REGISTRATIONS}<!-- ENDIF --><!-- Attendance Mod End --><br />
In-Line Find
styles/prosilver/template/ucp_main_bookmarks.html

Find
<!-- IF topicrow.S_TOPIC_REPORTED --><a href="{topicrow.U_MCP_REPORT}">{REPORTED_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF --><br />
Add After
<!-- Attendance Mod Start --><!-- IF topicrow.S_TOPIC_REGISTRATION -->&nbsp;{topicrow.TOPIC_REGISTRATIONS}<!-- ENDIF --><!-- Attendance Mod End --><br />
In-Line Find
styles/prosilver/template/ucp_main_subscribed.html

Find
<!-- IF topicrow.S_TOPIC_REPORTED --><a href="{topicrow.U_MCP_REPORT}">{REPORTED_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF --><br />
Add After
<!-- Attendance Mod Start --><!-- IF topicrow.S_TOPIC_REGISTRATION -->&nbsp;{topicrow.TOPIC_REGISTRATIONS}<!-- ENDIF --><!-- Attendance Mod End --><br />
In-Line Find
styles/prosilver/template/viewforum_body.html

Find
Add After
In-Line Find
styles/prosilver/theme/content.css

Find
background-position: 10px 50%;		/* Position of folder icon */
In-Line Find
When I run the install/index.php file, the currently installed version is reported as 1.03, and the only option is to uninstall. From the ACP, in the AUTOMOD tab, the Attendance mod is is listed in the list of uninstalled mods - and when I click Install, the above information is returned.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”