[ABD]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
tuber
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:11 am

Re: [RC]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Post by tuber » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:35 pm

BTW, I believe that the previous installed version was 1.0.0

wired076
Registered User
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:19 am

Re: [RC]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Post by wired076 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:01 pm

tuber wrote:BTW, I believe that the previous installed version was 1.0.0
Tuber, you need to perform an upgrade of this mod. It seems like you are trying to install it as a new version.

As you are using AutoMod to perform an upgrade you need to:
1. Open up your favourite ftp program.
2. Connect to your website's ftp.
3. Navigate to the board's root -> store.
4. Locate the Attendance Mod package folder here and open it.
5. Copy and replace the files in this directory with files from 1.0.3 extracted. You may need to overwrite some files to perform the copy.
6. Once this has completed logon to the ACP with your web browser.
7. Navigate to the AutoMod tab.
8. Click on details next to the installed AM Mod.
9. There will now be an option to install the new versions. Please first install 1.0.1 and then to 1.0.3

If you encounter any issues/errors whilist trying to perform the above steps please let me know and I will try and help you out further.

P.S. Thank you very much for the donation.

wired076
Registered User
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:19 am

Re: [RC]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Post by wired076 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Bart_0 wrote:Hi

Just installed this mod today and I think its causing an error in apache.

File does not exist: /var/www/phpbb/styles/black_pearl/theme/{T_THEME_PATH}

It only sets the error when I open a post that is using the AM.

I searched for {T_THEME_PATH} in the mod files and came up up with the following file.

Code: Select all

				var img = thisObj.getElementsByTagName('IMG')[0];
				img.src = "{T_THEME_PATH}/images/tab_right_active.gif"
				img.src = img.src.replace(/inactive/,'active');
				contentDiv.style.display='block';
				activeColorDiv = contentDiv;
			}
			else
			{
				subDiv.className = 'colorPickerTab_inactive';
				var img = subDiv.getElementsByTagName('IMG')[0];
				img.src = "{T_THEME_PATH}/images/tab_right_inactive.gif";
				if(activeColorDiv)
tab_right_inactive.gif or tab_right_active.gif do not exist. Im not sure if this is causing the error or not.
Any help would be appreciated....TIA
Please make sure you have performed the edits to your style black_pearl correctly . The reason for this is it seems you may have performed an edit incorrectly.

{T_THEME_PATH} is a variable in php that is defined in the main phpBB package so if it is not being recognised it may also be an issue with other code on your site.

Please let me know how you go with checking your file edits.

wired076
Registered User
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:19 am

Re: [RC]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Post by wired076 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:40 pm

vonkhades wrote:Hi all,

in our forum we are really looking into one of the planned features
Planned Features:

* Ability to register x number of guests optional feature.
The requirement we have is to be able to register to multiple events of the same thread, this is mainly because we have a weekly thread (which is edited thru the week) by adding events. And events are in different days-hours.

I would like to know if there is any planned date moreless of couse for this, anyway I'would try too to make this myself using the attendance mod as base code for that, so I would like to know if any of you have tried this or have any insights suggestions for me to start??

Thanks a lot!!
Hi vonkhades,

Great to hear you like the mod.

Currently I haven't been working on any new features just trying to support the mod and fix all the bugs as per phpBB coding guidelines and improvements to the mod as suggested by mod validation team.

At this stage I have no planned release date for this feature however I have thought about it and would suggest a new column be added to the am_registrations table to accomodate for the number of guests ie am_guests_total .

You will then need to add this to the viewtopic_am_0.html and viewtopic_am_1.html to enable users to register and enter in a number of guests.

Other things to consider are all am topics going to have guests allowed? If not then the option needs to be added to enable/disable guests allowed to come to the event to the posting_am_body.html .

The number of guests coming with a member needs to be shown next to the registration and this needs to be taken into consideration when determining the number of spots left.

Other things also may need to be considered to increase the useability of this feature including changing the confirmation text for registrations and confirmed registrations to confirm how many guests are coming as well.

If you would be willing to develop this component I will be more than willing to help you where I can and even include it into the main part of the mod with credit to you.

IGCNWizzy
Registered User
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:26 am

Re: [RC]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Post by IGCNWizzy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Hello,

I would say I love the attendance mod, but have small trouble with it, as I am using live preview mod as well, and this is important for me to have it.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2093519

Well, almost all seems to work ok, even together, except creating new topics. See the line before NEWS? http://screenshooter.net/1814705/xdwdnri

in real it should look like that.. http://screenshooter.net/1814705/ewosojr see just the preview.. it work on repley.. but after installed the attendance mod the live preview mod doesn’t work well on creating new topics, maybe you would like to make those 2 monds compatible with each other? I think it is JS conflict..

Thanks a lot dude!

eaglesfannation
Registered User
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Re: [RC]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Post by eaglesfannation » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:34 pm

I installed the mod using automod and via a subsilver2 style (x-treme). I also went and rechecked each and every edit to make sure it was all correct. The ACP module shows up in the ACP, the permissions show up in the ACP and the information shows up on the posting page under the poll info. But after I click the post button, nothing shows up relating to your mod. I ony see whatever text I entered in the main text box but nothing relating to your mod!!! I have set the permissions for myself in the forum I was working in and nothing. I am at a complete lost here. I don't know if there is a conflict issue with another mod of mine or what but nothing shows up on the actual topic. I would be glad to show any of my file codings. Please help ASAP!!!

tuber
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:11 am

Re: [RC]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Post by tuber » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:54 pm

I did upload and replace files as you mentioned, (had actually tried with v1.0.0, 1.0.1 as well as 1.0.3)

The mod isn't appearing in the list of installed mods - it is in the list of uninstalled mods. Clicking Details, no upgrade option appears, and if I click install, it displays error beside all of the files, and in the updated files list, most are okay except those few that I mentioned previously that couldn't be updated. :(

In the .Mods tab, Attendance mod is appearing twice with the Presets link, to set up the registration options.

Thank you again for your help!
wired076 wrote:
tuber wrote:BTW, I believe that the previous installed version was 1.0.0
Tuber, you need to perform an upgrade of this mod. It seems like you are trying to install it as a new version.

As you are using AutoMod to perform an upgrade you need to:
1. Open up your favourite ftp program.
2. Connect to your website's ftp.
3. Navigate to the board's root -> store.
4. Locate the Attendance Mod package folder here and open it.
5. Copy and replace the files in this directory with files from 1.0.3 extracted. You may need to overwrite some files to perform the copy.
6. Once this has completed logon to the ACP with your web browser.
7. Navigate to the AutoMod tab.
8. Click on details next to the installed AM Mod.
9. There will now be an option to install the new versions. Please first install 1.0.1 and then to 1.0.3

If you encounter any issues/errors whilist trying to perform the above steps please let me know and I will try and help you out further.

P.S. Thank you very much for the donation.

spankey1245
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: [RC]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Post by spankey1245 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi guys,

I have the same problem as eaglesfannation above. I am using PHPBB version 3.08. I start a new topic in the normal way, add a registration in the normal way. When I click on Preview I can see the registration. But when I submit the post, I don't see any registration any more.

It used to work perfectly in my old PHPBB 3.02.

I have reviewed and re-checked several times every modified file according to the instructions and it all looks fine.

Any ideas? I have a bunch of angry users :-(

Cheers

wired076
Registered User
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:19 am

Re: [RC]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Post by wired076 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:13 pm

IGCNWizzy wrote:Hello,

I would say I love the attendance mod, but have small trouble with it, as I am using live preview mod as well, and this is important for me to have it.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2093519

Well, almost all seems to work ok, even together, except creating new topics. See the line before NEWS? http://screenshooter.net/1814705/xdwdnri

in real it should look like that.. http://screenshooter.net/1814705/ewosojr see just the preview.. it work on repley.. but after installed the attendance mod the live preview mod doesn’t work well on creating new topics, maybe you would like to make those 2 monds compatible with each other? I think it is JS conflict..

Thanks a lot dude!
Hi IGCNWizzy,

Could you please post your posting_editor.html and posting_layout.html files.

Also could you please provide me with a link to the live preview mod you are using so that I may look into this issue further?

wired076
Registered User
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:19 am

Re: [RC]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Post by wired076 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:34 pm

eaglesfannation wrote:I installed the mod using automod and via a subsilver2 style (x-treme). I also went and rechecked each and every edit to make sure it was all correct. The ACP module shows up in the ACP, the permissions show up in the ACP and the information shows up on the posting page under the poll info. But after I click the post button, nothing shows up relating to your mod. I ony see whatever text I entered in the main text box but nothing relating to your mod!!! I have set the permissions for myself in the forum I was working in and nothing. I am at a complete lost here. I don't know if there is a conflict issue with another mod of mine or what but nothing shows up on the actual topic. I would be glad to show any of my file codings. Please help ASAP!!!
spankey1245 wrote:Hi guys,

I have the same problem as eaglesfannation above. I am using PHPBB version 3.08. I start a new topic in the normal way, add a registration in the normal way. When I click on Preview I can see the registration. But when I submit the post, I don't see any registration any more.

It used to work perfectly in my old PHPBB 3.02.

I have reviewed and re-checked several times every modified file according to the instructions and it all looks fine.

Any ideas? I have a bunch of angry users :-(

Cheers
Hmm. I am not sure what the issue is here yet!

I would say please ensure all file edits have been performed correctly but seems you are saying this has already been done.

Which set of installation instructions were used to perform either upgrade/install? What was the process undertaken?

Another thing to check is that you are definitely running phpBB 3.0.8 and that you have downloaded and have installed version am mod v 1.0.3 with the database installers for both packages run to update your boards.

If this is all correct let me know and if I could have a look at the edited files which you may ftp to me upon request (if security is a concern for you) or/and provide me with a user account on your board to see this issue myself.(you may pm me access).

It seems that it is an issue with saving the registration data to the database.

Could you please have a look at the phpBB3 database and see if there is any data in the phpbb_am_registrations, phpbb_am_options?? This is especially crucial if this is a new install as if this shows no data this may be the reason that the am mod is not working.

If you have a list of the mods in use on your site I may also test them specifically for compatibility.

wired076
Registered User
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:19 am

Re: [RC]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Post by wired076 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:39 pm

tuber wrote:I did upload and replace files as you mentioned, (had actually tried with v1.0.0, 1.0.1 as well as 1.0.3)

The mod isn't appearing in the list of installed mods - it is in the list of uninstalled mods. Clicking Details, no upgrade option appears, and if I click install, it displays error beside all of the files, and in the updated files list, most are okay except those few that I mentioned previously that couldn't be updated. :(

In the .Mods tab, Attendance mod is appearing twice with the Presets link, to set up the registration options.

Thank you again for your help!
wired076 wrote:
tuber wrote:BTW, I believe that the previous installed version was 1.0.0
Tuber, you need to perform an upgrade of this mod. It seems like you are trying to install it as a new version.

As you are using AutoMod to perform an upgrade you need to:
1. Open up your favourite ftp program.
2. Connect to your website's ftp.
3. Navigate to the board's root -> store.
4. Locate the Attendance Mod package folder here and open it.
5. Copy and replace the files in this directory with files from 1.0.3 extracted. You may need to overwrite some files to perform the copy.
6. Once this has completed logon to the ACP with your web browser.
7. Navigate to the AutoMod tab.
8. Click on details next to the installed AM Mod.
9. There will now be an option to install the new versions. Please first install 1.0.1 and then to 1.0.3

If you encounter any issues/errors whilist trying to perform the above steps please let me know and I will try and help you out further.

P.S. Thank you very much for the donation.
Sounds like you are having some issues with AutoMod not allowing you to perform the upgrade correctly.

Under the previous installation of AM mod was it installed using AutoMod or manual edits?

If not then AutoMod may not show up the upgrade option.

Let me know so that I may test this further and provide you with further instructions.

spankey1245
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: [RC]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Post by spankey1245 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:10 pm

Hi all,

Further to my post above, I set up a test installation, installed a FRESH copy of PHPBB 3.08, installed automod, used automod to install attendance mod.

I then copied the file posting.php from the fresh installation to my existing installation, and it works fine now. When I compare the files it seems that there is a amount of modification no longer used in version 1.03. I must admit, I noticed this last week and thought it was clever to add the 'missing' code form my old posting.php into the new one. Well, wasn't so clever after all :-D

I hope this helps someone.

Cheers

wired076
Registered User
Posts: 1441
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 10:19 am

Re: [RC]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Post by wired076 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:37 pm

spankey1245 wrote:Hi all,

Further to my post above, I set up a test installation, installed a FRESH copy of PHPBB 3.08, installed automod, used automod to install attendance mod.

I then copied the file posting.php from the fresh installation to my existing installation, and it works fine now. When I compare the files it seems that there is a amount of modification no longer used in version 1.03. I must admit, I noticed this last week and thought it was clever to add the 'missing' code form my old posting.php into the new one. Well, wasn't so clever after all :-D

I hope this helps someone.

Cheers
Thanks for the update spankey1245.

Does this mean that I have an issue with my update instructions as if I do please advise asap so that I may release a fix??

No unfortunately it wasn't a clever fix as I have been making drastic improvements to the usability of this mod as well as removing any redundant code.

Please let me know so that I may fix any potential bugs that exist and move onto working on the next improvement release of this mod.

Glad it is all working now! :)

tuber
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:11 am

Re: [RC]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Post by tuber » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:15 am

wired076 wrote: Sounds like you are having some issues with AutoMod not allowing you to perform the upgrade correctly.

Under the previous installation of AM mod was it installed using AutoMod or manual edits?

If not then AutoMod may not show up the upgrade option.

Let me know so that I may test this further and provide you with further instructions.
Unfortunately, I don't know if was installed manually or using Automod - I've only started working with the forum recently.

spankey1245
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: [RC]Attendance Mod(1.0.3)

Post by spankey1245 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:21 am

@Wired076.

Regarding the posting.php. In your install_mod.xml, there is an addition that starts with

Code: Select all

<snip>
if (($mode == 'post' || ($mode == 'edit' && $post_id == $post_data['topic_first_post_id']))	&& $auth->acl_get('f_xam_create', $forum_id))
<snip>
However, I am quite sure that when I used automod to install attendance mod in a clean fresh installation, this large section wasn't added. Interestingly, it was the posting.php that DIDN'T have this code that worked.

Secondly, I think I have found another bug:
I did a FRESH installation of PHPBB 3.08, FRESH installation of automod, and installed Attendance mod using automod, so I'm pretty happy that this is a very clean installation. Whenever you enter a NORMAL post, without using the attendance feature, then click on preview, you are faced with 2 blank attendance options in your preview! (Perhaps this is related to the posting.php.... not sure).
Second to this bug, when you DO use the attendance feature in a post, then click on preview, it is not possible to click on submit to commit the message. The submit button simply does nothing (I think I saw this mentioned before somewhere here though).

I hope again that this information is useful for you, and I hope I'm not sending you in the wrong direction. Let me know if there is any other information you need from me.

Cheers

EDIT: Just wanted to add that the second 'bug' reported appears in the stock ProSilver theme as well as a modified theme I added later. Maybe this is useful.

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”