[ABD] [Bridge] Drupal Bridge 0.0.1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
ckwalsh
Former Team Member
Name: Cullen Walsh

[ABD] [Bridge] Drupal Bridge 0.0.1

Post by ckwalsh »

MOD Title: Drupal Bridge 0.0.1
Author: ckwalsh

MOD Description: This MOD helps combine phpBB with Drupal. It currently integrates the login systems, along with mapping existing users and creating new ones based on the drupal user system. It also integrates the templates, and includes a drupal_bridge template designed to work with the garland theme. Future work may provide Drupal access to the phpBB content, but exact features have not been worked out.

This MOD is is development, and should NOT be used on a live site. You should know this, but I'm putting it in big red letters, just to be sure.

MOD Version: 0.0.1
Version release date: November 3, 2010

MOD Download:

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Notes: This release expects the phpBB installation to be a subdirectory of the Drupal installation. This may be changed in includes/auth/auth_drupal.php

History
  • 0.0.1 Initial Release
Known issues
    Screen shot
    http://i55.tinypic.com/16gegjm.png
    Where to post what | Forum Rules | The Dos and Don'ts of General Discussion
    In Seattle and want to meet, chat, or have a coffee? Drop me a PM.
    Jorup16
    Name: Jorge

Re: [BETA] [Bridge] Drupal Bridge 0.0.1

Post by Jorup16 »

Nice work :D
    Spanish Translations for Ext phpBB :D - Traducciones al español para Ext phpBB :)
    >>>>> https://github.com/Jorup16 <<<<<
    demon327

Post by demon327 »

For some reason this module is not working at all :( .

my drupal path is like this:
    http://localhost/drupal
    the board is like this:
    http://localhost/drupal/forum

i'm using clean urls.

But the settings always say i'm not logged into drupal.

my user ID on the phpbb boards is 154, in drupal this is 1, so maybe thats the issue?

Notice: non of my id's ar sync because of a other bridge, that needed to increment the id's....

edit: it's working when the base url is set in the drupal settings.php file. but it aint syncing users...
    Eelke
    Name: Eelke Blok

Post by Eelke »

I've had a quick look at the code. Am I correct when I say that the visual integration is purely based on your theme adding a Garland-look to the Subsilver theme? I.e. it's purely cosmetical and there is no integration with the Drupal menu system, etc.? I found a reference to integrating with Drupal's output (line 95 of hook_drupal.php), but it doesn't seem to do anything.
    demon327

Post by demon327 »

Found some new issues:

- Can't put the switch ask user to sync accounts to off
    - it always embed the forum in drupal(this is a no go)
    - The sync can't work because of an error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare user_delete() (previously declared in C:\wamp\www\drupal1\modules\user\user.module:1640) in C:\wamp\www\drupal1\forum\includes\functions_user.php on line 640
    it seems that phpbb and drupal ar using the same function name...

The error comes up when you try to access the ucp or the admin part of the user management.

Some advice:
    Make that the log ins systems aren't linked, only sessions, so when you login in phpbb, the session is synced to drupal, and the reversed.

Make the emb a optional feature ;)

Take a look at this module, this one is "perfect" with only a few issues to resovl, like phpbb core edits, and username changes that are fucked up...

http://drupal.org/project/phpbbforum
    ckwalsh
    Former Team Member
    Name: Cullen Walsh

Post by ckwalsh »

demon327 wrote:edit: it's working when the base url is set in the drupal settings.php file. but it aint syncing users...
    Whether the base url is set should be checked when you enable the auth module. Was it not throwing an error message? As for syncing users, it currently associates users, so when you log in to drupal it also logs you into phpBB, and does not sync any extra data. There are some issues with doing so, such as that Drupal does not validate emails by default, and some of the data is from Drupal modules.
    Eelke wrote:I've had a quick look at the code. Am I correct when I say that the visual integration is purely based on your theme adding a Garland-look to the Subsilver theme? I.e. it's purely cosmetical and there is no integration with the Drupal menu system, etc.? I found a reference to integrating with Drupal's output (line 95 of hook_drupal.php), but it doesn't seem to do anything.
    Correct, it does not integrate with the menu system. It wraps phpBB in the current Drupal Template. By default this works, but there are some css clashes. Thus, I included a version of the CSS for prosilver that fixes the namespace clashes and removes some of the unintended bullets, etc.

As for the embedding, yes, I'll make that an optional feature.
    Where to post what | Forum Rules | The Dos and Don'ts of General Discussion
    In Seattle and want to meet, chat, or have a coffee? Drop me a PM.
    demon327

Post by demon327 »

ckwalsh wrote:
    demon327 wrote:edit: it's working when the base url is set in the drupal settings.php file. but it aint syncing users...
    Whether the base url is set should be checked when you enable the auth module. Was it not throwing an error message? As for syncing users, it currently associates users, so when you log in to drupal it also logs you into phpBB, and does not sync any extra data. There are some issues with doing so, such as that Drupal does not validate emails by default, and some of the data is from Drupal modules.
    except the "Not logged in drupal" error message, it was not doing anything till i set the base url, then it started working :)
    mandrake88

Post by mandrake88 »

drupal 7.0 beta2 support?
    demon327

Post by demon327 »

mandrake88 wrote:drupal 7.0 beta2 support?
    Since drupal 7 is still in beta, i suspect there won't be any support for the 7.x branche, but first the OP needs to make sure this version works well on a stable drupal release ;)
    Eelke
    Name: Eelke Blok

Post by Eelke »

I think its more a matter of where the demand will be, which completely depends on how quickly Drupal 7 takes off after the gold release. If it's expected that it will take off quickly, it may be a good idea to concentrate efforts there. I doubt it will, though
    ~Merlin~

Post by ~Merlin~ »

According to the speed of this bridge development it seems to be correct to support Drupal 7.
    Maybe Drupal 7 will be released earlier ))
    metoo55

Post by metoo55 »

Wait for Drupal Bridge 0.0.2 :D This project will make phpBB differentiate from another forum script that try to develop blog & cms platform over forum script by themself.

I think Wordpress, Drupal and Joomla are market leader in cms market. phpBB should be try to integrate with them for expand phpBB to attach this market. Most forum script don't support "bridge" to cms in official but they push to Mod developer that not confirm this Mod support next cms version or not. Then if phpBB announce to support "Bride" by official, i think open source community will come back to used phpBB platform again.
    hans130

Post by hans130 »

I recieved "Not logged in to drupal" even base url is set.
    Clean install drupal and clean install phpbb3

How can I fixed it ?
    demon327

Post by demon327 »

hans130 wrote:I recieved "Not logged in to drupal" even base url is set.
    Clean install drupal and clean install phpbb3

How can I fixed it ?
    maybe try it without clean urls, just to test... ;)
    hans130

Post by hans130 »

Nope.
    Same error.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”