Modification Description: Adds a facebook-like chat system to your phpbb installation.
Modification Version: 0.4.0
- Apache webserver. I've found it chokes lighttpd (my demo server).
For big forums, you're going to need a *strong* server, so it can handle the load.
- Blue Blood's FRAM mod
- Uses json to transfer the data, so it probably is substantially lighter than XML
- Friend list, like facebooks, with online/offline indicators.
- Friend chat tabs on the bottom on the screen, which the user can minimize, maximize, close etc. If a has more than one forum windows open, the changes to what chat window is open follows to all windows/tabs.
- Ajax long polling technique is used. That means, that conversations are next to realtime.
- Behavior of the mod is somewhat identical to facebook's. Eg. when a user talks to another, a chat window pops up.
- User typing indicator
- Timestamps on messages (server time, will be updated to reflect phpbb user timezone). Displayed on hover
- Feature: Sound when message arrives
- Feature: ACP & UCP options, maybe an 'offline' option
Demo URL: http://phpbbchatdemo.dev.stathis.ch
Demo Username: tester
Demo Password: 123456
Installation Notes: Make sure that every other version of phpbbchat is uninstalled first.
- Feature: split Online and offline users
- Bug fix: Unread messages
- Bug fix: Cache problem
- Note: I have seen that this mod is having some problems with XCache
- Some small style changes
- Bug fix: IE problems
- AutoMOD compatible, UMIL installer
- Feature: Purge message history option
- Feature: Web browser title changing
- Feature: Language files
- Bug fix: mod uses proper tables, using constants.php
- Bug fix: after installing for the first time, it does not load correctly until you send a message
- Bug fix: when you click on a user to start a chat, it may take up to 20 seconds to load