[ABD]Irkoo Reputations MOD

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Romano1

Re: [RC] Irkoo Reputations MOD

Post by Romano1 »

I mean i give 1 rep and shows at the total 3 or 2

if you press the number from the total, you see 3 people who give a rep(example), but is shows 6(example).

See 4 people has given, and it shows 8, it started 2 days ago, till then everything is alright.
Romano1

Post by Romano1 »

haaaa
maybe is this:Enable proportional reputation calculation ?
1Andy

Post by 1Andy »

Yes, this is it. Just uncheck it.
When you put mouse pointer over the rows in the popup, you can see the actual reputation change in the hint.
Richazey

Post by Richazey »

1Andy lovely mod and after using other rep mods this is by far the best and easiest to manage and love how easy it is to alter the css ( I have used the famfamfam icons on my site). What I would like to see in future is group permissions, like having a yes/no permission as to if they can use it/see it and bannig users from using it as well.

I do have one issue I get a 405 error if I try and do any off the following on irkoo:
Reset message vote counters | Reset user reputations | Reset all site data.

Also I gave a rep to test and then removed it via irkoo but it still shows where you can give rep on viewtopic.
1Andy

Post by 1Andy »

BigDaddyHazey wrote:1Andy lovely mod and after using other rep mods this is by far the best and easiest to manage and love how easy it is to alter the css ( I have used the famfamfam icons on my site).
Thanks
BigDaddyHazey wrote:What I would like to see in future is group permissions, like having a yes/no permission as to if they can use it/see it and bannig users from using it as well.
I'm planning to put the mod into GitHub, so that it will be easier for people to contribute new features into it. There is a plenty of features like permissions, that are really suitable in many cases. Btw, you can set minimum reputation to vote up/down in Irkoo CP. May be it can help you for now.
BigDaddyHazey wrote:I do have one issue I get a 405 error if I try and do any off the following on irkoo:
Reset message vote counters | Reset user reputations | Reset all site data.
Thanks for the report. This was IE specific bug. Now it is fixed.
BigDaddyHazey wrote: Also I gave a rep to test and then removed it via irkoo but it still shows where you can give rep on viewtopic.
This is caching. Irkoo uses browser storage (if available) to cache recent votes. You'll get it fixed soon.
Richazey

Post by Richazey »

Thanks for your reply Andy I have set requirements already and glad to here about the github idea, also thanks for fixing the 405 issues. :D
SecondShoe

Post by SecondShoe »

That mod came to my eyes just tonight. I've got it installed and operational in a minutes on my forum and I'm extremely impressed of it. That's the best reputation mod ever! It is so powerful and easy to operate. Wow! 1Andy, keep the good job cause your service 'got a very bright future in front of it!

After a couple hours of testing a few questions came to my mind. I wonder is there a vote limit or something like that to prevent abuse attempts? What if someone decides to give + for 100 different posts of somebody else who is his friend on the board? Sounds like an easy and unfair way to get 100 points for his reputation.

I'm looking forward to see where this mod will go. Keep the excellent job!
1Andy

Post by 1Andy »

SecondShoe wrote:That mod came to my eyes just tonight. I've got it installed and operational in a minutes on my forum and I'm extremely impressed of it. That's the best reputation mod ever! It is so powerful and easy to operate. Wow! 1Andy, keep the good job cause your service 'got a very bright future in front of it!
Thanks
SecondShoe wrote: After a couple hours of testing a few questions came to my mind. I wonder is there a vote limit or something like that to prevent abuse attempts? What if someone decides to give + for 100 different posts of somebody else who is his friend on the board? Sounds like an easy and unfair way to get 100 points for his reputation.
There is a rule.
If proportional reputation calculation is not enabled, then the friend will get only 1 point per 24hours from the voter.
If proportional reputation is enabled (reputation change depends on the voter reputation), and the voter, say, has reputation=100, the friend will get a maximum of 10+5+3+1+1 = +20 points (the exact formula is in Irkoo CP). All subsequent votes from this user will appear in the voting logs (for the messages and for the user) but add zero to his friend's reputation.
Another thing, you can prevent voting for recently registered users (that have zero or low reputation). Which is also useful from my point.

In long term, I'm planning to add another option to prevent abuse - limit number of votes per day (depending on user reputation). This will also make each vote more valuable.
1Andy

Post by 1Andy »

By the way, if you added another language to the MOD, don't hesitate to share it with others :) So I can include it into the zip.
SecondShoe

Post by SecondShoe »

Yes I did. I will PM my language file right away. :)
1Andy

Post by 1Andy »

Thanks. Bulgarian is now on board!
Alphacarbon

Post by Alphacarbon »

Hello,
Is it possible to disable thumbing down and use only thumbing up?
I suppose a workaround would be to put an insanely high threshold for thumbing down?
1Andy

Post by 1Andy »

Some people just hide vote down buttons using CSS (there was a snippet in the topic).
And yes, you can set high minimum reputation required for voting down.
1Andy

Post by 1Andy »

One more feature.

Now the mod adds Reputations link into menu:

For existing users to add this link:

1. Open includes/functions.php
After line with

Code: Select all

$template->assign_var('IRKOO_SNIPPET', $irk_snippet);
Add

$template->assign_var('U_IRKOO_STATS', "http://z.irkoo.com/stat/".strtolower($config['irkoo_siteid']).".html");
2. Then you can add a simple link somewhere into your header (overall_header.html):

<a href="{U_IRKOO_STATS}" class="irk-stats">Reputations</a>
That's it.

The default step2 mod action opens styles/prosilver/template/overall_header.html,
Finds:

<ul class="linklist rightside">
And after it, adds:

<!-- IF U_IRKOO_STATS --><li class="icon-ucp"><a href="{U_IRKOO_STATS}" class="irk-stats">{L_IRKOO_REPUTATIONS_LIST}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
Last edited by 1Andy on Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SecondShoe

Post by SecondShoe »

Three days after I added Irkoo MOD to my board the users are in love of it. Also the daily post rate has been almost tripled. :D
"Total votes 1905"

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”