[ABD]Irkoo Reputations MOD

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
1Andy

Re: [RC] Irkoo Reputations MOD

Post by 1Andy »

As I promised I've created a repository for this MOD at GitHub:
https://github.com/1andy/irkoo-phpbb

You are welcome to contribute your improvements into it (languages, additional feature, etc.)
Or just send me your changes, I'll add them into repository by myself.
Last edited by 1Andy on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
1Andy

Post by 1Andy »

CocoPop wrote:1) Does the proportional voting power depend on how much reputation a user has ALTOGETHER or how much reputation he has gained IN ONE DAY? The formula seems to suggest the latter, which isn't ideal.
The voting power depends on voter reputation.
If a user has a reputation of 400, then he will give 20 points (which is sqrt(400)) for his first vote.
His second vote for the same user on the same 24hrs period will add 10 points (which is sqrt(400) / 2)
The third one will add 5 ( sqrt(400) / 4)
And so on... until any subsequent vote will result in zero points.

CocoPop wrote: 2) Will you consider adding a comments system so that a user can give a reason for his rating, which the member who has received the reputation can then see.
Considering, but this is not a top priority for me. This looks like messages about messages.
The most important for me is to make users see the exact posts where they were given votes.
CocoPop

Post by CocoPop »

1Andy wrote:The voting power depends on voter reputation.
If a user has a reputation of 400, then he will give 20 points (which is sqrt(400)) for his first vote.
His second vote for the same user on the same 24hrs period will add 10 points (which is sqrt(400) / 2)
The third one will add 5 ( sqrt(400) / 4)
And so on... until any subsequent vote will result in zero points.
Oh that's quite clever. Makes sense...
1Andy wrote:Considering, but this is not a top priority for me. This looks like messages about messages.
The most important for me is to make users see the exact posts where they were given votes.
Ok, that sounds great. Yeah, being able to see where users were given votes is definitely the most important thing to prioritize. Sounds great - I think I'll stick with the Irkoo MOD and look forward to seeing any updates (the Karma MOD seemed quite buggy so I've uninstalled it - such a chore!). Thanks! :)
Richazey

Post by Richazey »

1Andy wrote:
Richazey wrote:Today we you click on a members rep instead of the usual popup which displays who has given it, it has been opening a new window with the rep list and this stops .irk-data-down { display:none; } the following css working, any reason why this is changed?
There were no changes to Irkoo for already few weeks.
Did you change anything on your site?
Do you get JS error?
No changes to the site and no JS it pops up and then opens a new window.
1Andy

Post by 1Andy »

Richazey wrote:No changes to the site and no JS it pops up and then opens a new window.
Is your site public? You can PM me a link, so I can look into it.
anand.singh

Post by anand.singh »

Hi

I am getting the following error while installing this mod :

ERROR: Could not open the file ./styles/SF_Glacier_307ucp_profile_signature.html for reading.

Please help me.

Thanks !
1Andy

Post by 1Andy »

This is unlikely related to the mod.
It doesn't even try to modify this or similar file.
Hero Factory

Post by Hero Factory »

Hello everyone, =)

First thank you for this mod, it's great =) But ı have some questions for you:

1) I can't find my language in this mod(Turkish) Can ı edit other language files?

2)What is irkoo? Must ı create an accaount up there?

3)Where will ı upload this files? May you write file step by step(every one) here like that:

root/adm=>folder1

4)İs this reputation points appear at viewing user profile page?

Thanks, =)
1Andy

Post by 1Andy »

Hero Factory wrote: 1) I can't find my language in this mod(Turkish) Can ı edit other language files?
Sure, copy the English one to Turkish directory (tr?) and make the necessary changes.
It would be great if you send back this files to me so I can add them to Irkoo languages.
Hero Factory wrote: 2)What is irkoo? Must ı create an accaount up there?
Yes, just your domain name and email+password to manage your data/settings there.
Hero Factory wrote: 3)Where will ı upload this files? May you write file step by step(every one) here like that:
root/adm=>folder1
Actually, if you open the mod xml file with IE, it will show you the exact instructions of what and where you should copy and what files to modify.
But, you may want to install the automod MOD that enables automatic installations/uninstallations of phpBB mods.
Hero Factory wrote: 4)İs this reputation points appear at viewing user profile page?
You can see the screenshots in the first post, of what and where will appear. Currently the mod doesn't show the number in the profile, instead it shows the number in short info in viewtopic pages.
helpplease

Post by helpplease »

How to edit so that all votes only either give one rep, or one down rep. I only want a user to able to rep that user once every 24hours
SecondShoe

Post by SecondShoe »

@helpplease
You should log in irkoo.com and check the options. The answer is there.
!karolis

Post by !karolis »

How can i remove voting down reputation?
Or can i set disallow voting down to 99999 reputation points and user will not see voting down reputation icon?
Hero Factory

Post by Hero Factory »

1Andy, thanks for your help! Great MOD :)
1Andy

Post by 1Andy »

!karolis wrote:How can i remove voting down reputation?
Or can i set disallow voting down to 99999 reputation points and user will not see voting down reputation icon?
They will see. But there are samples of hiding vote down icon with CSS, like it is done at forum.towerstimes.co.uk
Hero Factory

Post by Hero Factory »

Hey, ı forgot,

1Andy ı sent you language file at PM. You can add this filas on your mod =)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”