[ABD] "Like" Mod

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
danmcq

Re: [DEV] "Like" Mod

Post by danmcq » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:36 pm

digioz wrote:Hey Dan,

Sorry for the late response. Here is an approximate game plan of the files you will need to modify:
  • ./styles/prosilver/template/viewforum_body.html - Add new "Liked" column
  • ./viewforum.php - around line 645 find the source of query and add a join to phpbb_likes table
  • ./viewforum.php - around line 681 add the "Liked" column info inside the foreach loop
Again, sorry I can't give you more exact details, but unfortunately I have had a very busy few days. If you get stuck let me know and I will try to help you more.

Thanks,
Pete
This is great, it's exactly the kind of guidance I was looking for! I'll give it shot. Thanks again.

victory1

Post by victory1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:46 am

Can you exclude forums? There are a couple of forums that I would never put a like or dislike button so can they be excluded?

digioz
Name: DigiOz Multimedia

Post by digioz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Not in the current version, but that is an excellent suggestion for future version.
DigiOz Multimedia
http://www.digioz.com

digioz

Post by digioz » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:21 pm

purusam wrote:Still working on this one ?
Yes, although working on several other projects at the same time a s well. So my attention is divided between them.
DigiOz Multimedia

EFiNSTORM

Post by EFiNSTORM » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:30 am

got this error

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'BY A.topic_id ORDER BY count DESC LIMIT 50' at line 29 [1064]

SQL

SELECT A.topic_id, COUNT(A.topic_id) as count, B.forum_id, B.topic_type, B.topic_replies_real, B.topic_replies, B.topic_status, B.topic_moved_id, B.topic_last_post_time, B.topic_approved, B.topic_poster, B.topic_first_poster_name, B.topic_time, B.topic_last_post_subject, B.topic_last_post_time, B.topic_last_poster_id, B.topic_views, B.topic_title, B.icon_id, B.topic_attachment, B.topic_first_poster_name, B.topic_last_post_id, B.topic_last_poster_id, B.topic_last_poster_name, B.topic_last_poster_colour, B.topic_last_post_subject, B.topic_last_post_time, B.topic_last_view_time FROM phpbb_likes as A, phpbb_topics AS B WHERE A.topic_id=B.topic_id AND B.forum_id <> 209GROUP BY A.topic_id ORDER BY count DESC LIMIT 50;

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 163
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_display.php
LINE: 1420
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: likedlist.php
LINE: 27
CALL: get_liked_list()

digioz

Post by digioz » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:44 am

It has to do with the version of MySql you are using. What version are you using and what page are you getting this on?
DigiOz Multimedia

EFiNSTORM

Post by EFiNSTORM » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:06 pm

digioz wrote:It has to do with the version of MySql you are using. What version are you using and what page are you getting this on?
Database info: MySQL(i) 5.1.52 & getting error on likedlist.php

digioz

Post by digioz » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:17 pm

This has to do with the supported syntax for MySQL(i) driver, which I always thought was the same as regular MySQL, but I guess there are exceptions to this. I posted the following message on the MySQL Community Forum:

http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?10,407 ... msg-407843

I will let you know as soon as there is a response.

Pete
DigiOz Multimedia

Tom
Former Team Member
Name: Tom Catullo

Post by Tom » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:11 pm

I must say, I like the work you've done with this MOD. However, one suggestion was brought up earlier but you may have skipped over it accidentally: Will there be a functionality to "like" individual posts (and under each post, display the list of users who have liked it), as well? I feel as though this would be a feature which people would find very useful. I've even had requests for a "like" feature on individual posts at a couple of the forums that I manage.
Tom Catullo - Former Moderator Team Member
phpBB3 Smiley Pak Generator | Legend Repositioning MOD | My GitHub | My Site

digioz

Post by digioz » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:19 pm

Hey Tom,

I do recall that suggestion, and do think it's a good idea. What I am planning on doing is to finish up the basic mod without that feature first, and once that is done add like support for the individual posts for the next release. A lot of people have been emailing and asking for it as well, so it is definitely on my to do list. ;)

Thanks
Pete
DigiOz Multimedia

aamot

Post by aamot » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:52 pm

I have been asked for a mod like the Facebook like, at a larger forum I admin.
And that is why I follow this mod... ;)

People will most "like" individual post, and adm/mods will only allow this in some of the foras.

Regards, Asbjorn.
Asbjorn Aamot, Norway

digioz

Post by digioz » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Point well taken Asbjorn. I think both those features are a great idea and will be included in the mod in the near future.
DigiOz Multimedia

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:59 pm

digioz wrote:Hey Tom,

I do recall that suggestion, and do think it's a good idea. What I am planning on doing is to finish up the basic mod without that feature first, and once that is done add like support for the individual posts for the next release. A lot of people have been emailing and asking for it as well, so it is definitely on my to do list. ;)

Thanks
Pete
Sounds good... :)

Meepu_

Post by Meepu_ » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:29 am

Thank you for the mod. It's very light, clean and easy to follow. :)

I'm one of the people who like "liking" posts instead of topics, but it only took me a while to modify your code to get what I wanted. For the past two days the members of my forum have been "liking" posts enthusiastically. :) I also modified your code not to display a list of usernames but only the number of likes.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”