[ABD] "Like" Mod

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
MadMagoo
Name: Jo

Re: [DEV] "Like" Mod

Post by MadMagoo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:22 pm

No, I used the modx which is what surprised me. I even checked all the file edits and all of them were made correctly. I am thinking that is probably is clashing with another of our mods and so I need to comb through the edits and see where that is happening.

digioz
Name: DigiOz Multimedia

Post by digioz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Can you post a full list of the mods you have installed?
DigiOz Multimedia
http://www.digioz.com

MadMagoo
Name: Jo

Post by MadMagoo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:55 am

Sorry for the delay, doing my programming homework for uni...

Ok here is the list:

ACP announcement centre
Add Disclaimer
ABBC3
National Flags
UMIL
User Blog Mod
Welcome PM
Digests
Gallery
Mchat

The site owner tends to have a lot of requests for mods so we end up with a lot hence why I suspect a conflict...

ZeNaNLi

Post by ZeNaNLi » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:23 am

See here for Turkish translation v0.0.4.

Thank you for the MOD.

hillbillyredneckclub

Post by hillbillyredneckclub » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:01 am

MadMagoo wrote:OK, when I install the modx file I am getting the following when I go into my threads:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'dischem7_phpb1.phpbb_likes' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT A.user_id, A.username, B.user_colour FROM phpbb_likes AS A, phpbb_users AS B WHERE forum_id=68 AND topic_id=5667 AND A.user_id = B.user_id ORDER BY username ASC;

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 182
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_display.php
LINE: 1404
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/viewtopic.php
LINE: 697
CALL: get_like_list()

???
I dont know a hell of a lot about all this but I had similar if not the same error when I had installed (or added, whatever you call it) the new sql table because the mods wording relates to phpbb_users - the way my forum is installed all the sql tables start with just bb so its bb_users. When I changed this in the appropriate places in the code I got it working.

I ALSO HAVE A SLIGHT PROBLEM, if anyone can help. I have installed this mod (yes I know its in development) AND the "like post" options that another user posted and it is here that I have on tiny flaw from it being perfect. Users can now like threads and unlike them, but when they like posts it automatically likes the thread. I figure its probably pretty simple and I'll keep looking for it but if anyone could enlighten me where the problem is I would appreciate it !

digioz

Post by digioz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:44 am

hillbillyredneckclub wrote:I ALSO HAVE A SLIGHT PROBLEM, if anyone can help. I have installed this mod (yes I know its in development) AND the "like post" options that another user posted and it is here that I have on tiny flaw from it being perfect. Users can now like threads and unlike them, but when they like posts it automatically likes the thread. I figure its probably pretty simple and I'll keep looking for it but if anyone could enlighten me where the problem is I would appreciate it !
This is actually a known bug of the code "trackball" wrote in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2113726&start=90#p13001419

As I previously stated that code needs to be rewritten from the ground up, and doing so will require some time on my behalf (or another developer's time if they wish to contribute to it). So in short, it may take a while.

Pete
DigiOz Multimedia

wmtoo
Name: Josi

Post by wmtoo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:56 am

I'll be honest - I like it the way it is. If changes are made, fine - but it works just fine for what I wanted it to be. Thanks!

digioz

Post by digioz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:02 am

wmtoo wrote:I'll be honest - I like it the way it is. If changes are made, fine - but it works just fine for what I wanted it to be. Thanks!
I assume you are referring to the Like Post part of it? The functionality of this code is fine, but the GUI and the coding of it itself is what needs work.

Pete
DigiOz Multimedia

wmtoo
Name: Josi

Post by wmtoo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:42 pm

Yes - for "what it is", it's fine. I understand it could have a more fleshed-out functionality, but I like what I see so far. I modified the prosilver code for my subsilver style, as I usually do when one isn't included, and that works fine. I look forward to what you can do with it, if time permits, but as it is, I will use it.

Marc
Development Team Leader
Development Team Leader
Name: Marc

Re: [ABD] "Like" Mod

Post by Marc » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:29 pm

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the mod author has not been active recently. If the MOD author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the MOD Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this mod, or any other mod that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Modifications Team

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”