[ABD] phpBB spam hammer

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
dangerousprototypes

Re: [DEV] phpBB spam hammer

Post by dangerousprototypes »

Thanks Victory1. Where does that code go? Is is immediately before the filter? All it does is append a tag to the post.

Looking at what it does, and his example above, I see no reason it should trigger the filter. If it is a local link, it should not trigger the filter.

heredia21 - does it show an error if you just post this in a message:

Code: Select all

[size=80][b][i][ Post made via BlackBerry 9700][/i][/b][/size] [img]http://www.blackberryempire.com/forum/images/BlackBerry%209700.png[/img]
Please do not PM or mail with questions. Ask in the forum where everyone can share the answer.
dangerousprototypes

Answering my own question - yes, I am able to post that in your forum without a problem.
Please do not PM or mail with questions. Ask in the forum where everyone can share the answer.
John T. Folden

Post by John T. Folden »

dangerousprototypes wrote:Answering my own question - yes, I am able to post that in your forum without a problem.
Although, if a member was visiting his site via the address http://blackberryempire.com/forum/ then http://www.blackberryempire.com/forum/ would be seen as an external link, right?
The Blue Whale Pub - SPN/SF/F TV Discussion Forum
ZOMBIE ALERT: The Walking Dead are coming to AMC!
dangerousprototypes

I thought so yes, but it looks like it doesn't matter (or he added a whitelist):

http://blackberryempire.com/forum/viewt ... 892#p16892
heredia21

Post by heredia21 »

I did add a whitelist url to try and prevent that problem.
Best BlackBerry website for all users! BlackBerry News - http://blackberryempire.com
heredia21

Post by heredia21 »

Several spam like this still goes through but this mod has helped tremendously. I do enjoy checking out the logs to try and prevent future spam.

roken perfect, hurt self-esteem, lost soul, is still lingering, deeply sorry ... after all, hide not secular, light can not miss, not a long for ... role again and again re-staged this alone, unable to stop, ups and downs I,dr dre headphones, desolate life of happiness ... in fact, is fictitious, smile can also be disguised, happiness, should not be fear ... memories are a disease, sad is disabled permanently, ... back to the reality of a person, to a wonderful man, looked up at the sky,beats by dre, the sky is blue, cloud is white, what color I & hellip ;? clouds hug the sky, and I,beats by dre, just one person, a person's wonderful ... 相关的主题文章: 自我对话.、 写给自己的,真的不应该伤感,一定要开心哦 Want to say
I would say a paragraph goes through then the chinese language appears at the end.
Best BlackBerry website for all users! BlackBerry News - http://blackberryempire.com
dangerousprototypes

Did the whitelist work?

You can add those characters to the unicode range and it should filter them out too.
heredia21

Post by heredia21 »

I believe the whitelist has worked because you just registered and were able to post without problems? The unicode have it set to .95
Philthy

Post by Philthy »

heredia21 wrote:I believe the whitelist has worked because you just registered and were able to post without problems? The unicode have it set to .95
If you would like to lower the percentage of the foreign text that triggers the spam hammer, set the threshold lower at , say 0.50 for 50% instead of 0.95 for 95%
Looking at the text you posted, it only looks to be about 10%-20% at most though.

Good to hear the whitelist sorted the sig problem.
Go on ! it's not as steep as it looks.....
heredia21

Post by heredia21 »

I just got spammed again by resellers. Took them a few tries though until they got it right.

od Nano 2GB New! - - $70 Apple iPod Nano 4GB New! - - $80 Apple iPod Shuffle 512 MB - - $65 Apple iPod Shuffle 1 GB - - $75 Apple iPod Mini 4 GB - - $70 Apple iPod Mini 6 GB - - $90 Apple iPod Photo 30 GB - - $100 Apple iPod U2 SE 20 GB - - $111 Apple iPod Photo 60 GB - - $121 Apple iPod 20 GB - - $95 Apple ipod 80 GB - - $115 XBOX GAMES: Xbox 360 Core System . 200usd Xbox 360 Prenium pack .-220usd Xbox 360 Platinum Bundle Console 240usd NINTENDO WII GAMES: Nintendo DS Lite NDSL Game Console (Pink) .$130 Nintendo DS Lite Black (US) .$130 Nintendo DS Lite Enamel Navy (HK) . $130 Nintendo Wii Game Console (White (Japan Version ) . $160 Nintendo Wii (****) (Downgrade version) .$160 Nintendo Wii Game Console (White (US Version Wii sport included) ..$180 PLAYSTATION 3 GAMES: Playstation 3 60GB . $200 Playstation 3 80GB . $230 Playstation 3 40GB . ... . $180 APPLE LAPTOP APPLE LAPTOPS Apple Macbook Air............................$600 Apple MacBook (MA700LL/A) Mac Notebook...$500usd Apple MacBook Pro (MA611LL/A) Notebook...$500usd Apple MacBook (MA254LL/A) Mac Notebook...$450usd Apple iBook G3 (M7698LL/A) Mac Notebook..$400usd Apple MacBook Pro (MA609LL/A) Notebook...$550usd Apple MacBook Pro (MA600LLA) Notebook...$500usd Apple MacBook Pro (MA610LL/A) Notebook...$450usd Apple Macbook Pro (885909119400) Notebook..$445usd BESTLINK LIMITED strive to offer high-quality products at competitive prices. All of our products are brand new,never used, never rebuilt. We maintain multiple-supplier sources for our products as a means of being able to continually offer the best products at the best prices. Contact us for further information about warranty and process. We are committed to doing all it takes to keep you a satisfied customer! Many thanks and God bless you as you place your order with us today. Your enquiry will be greatly appreciated. Contact Name: Michael Carter E-Mail: [email protected]
What they changed so it can work was their email to. dongylimited @ live .com
dangerousprototypes

You can search the characters here:
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode ... iew=entity

These are Han character, and you could block it with range of the characters [\x{3000}-\x{8FFF}]

/([\x{0400}-\x{04FF}]|[\x{0600}-\x{06FF}]|[\x{3000}-\x{8FFF}])+/u
victory1

Post by victory1 »

It's good to know that white listing worked. I will install on my test board later on to make sure I understand it before I install on my live board.
dangerousprototypes

What they changed so it can work was their email to. dongylimited @ live .com
Thanks for the report. I've never had this type of spam, it seems like it would need an email filter instead. If this is human spam it will be particularly hard to defeat it.

.com should have still triggered the filter. If not, add it to the url term list. We can't strip spaces because it will trigger a lot of false positives. Come over here (as an example of .com with spaces removed).
Philthy

Post by Philthy »

How many attempts did they make to bypass the triggers?
A possible tweak, could be a restriction on the number of submissions before an automated block/delay ?

I too, am surprised the .com didn't trigger the spam hammer? It is one of the first references installed by default.
Go on ! it's not as steep as it looks.....
heredia21

Post by heredia21 »

Philthy wrote:How many attempts did they make to bypass the triggers?
A possible tweak, could be a restriction on the number of submissions before an automated block/delay ?

I too, am surprised the .com didn't trigger the spam hammer? It is one of the first references installed by default.
This spammer was actually pretty good after first failed attempt post went through. He removed the offsite urls.

Other spammers try an average of 3 times. Either they get it right on the 4th or they no longer try.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”