[ADB] Facebook For PhpBB Light

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
sleevedbiker

Re: [ALPHA] Facebook 2011

Post by sleevedbiker » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:18 am

mod works good. dont see any problems so far.
You ride with an outlaw, You die with an outlaw

Jamy

Post by Jamy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:19 am

ok I installed this using auto mod, but it's not working right and I tried to uninstall and I get this error

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/editor.php on line 333: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/editor.php on line 365: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3715)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3715)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3715)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3715)

Jamy

Post by Jamy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:31 am

the problem I was having is instead of a connect with facebook button link I get this "Connect With Facebook" in plain text no link

cossielee

Post by cossielee » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:33 am

Ok, finally completed the edits and installed this, noticed a few things during the edits, some code never existed on my file and a few that didnt make sence, i will post these up tommorrow as im knackered :|

Anyway, so far iv had no error messages, one thing iv noticed is that once you have inputed your Facebook Application Id and Secret Key and clicked Submit, if you leave the module page and go back the values are back at 0, instead of the code you put in, dont know if thats a feature.

My Connect with Facebook on the login page does nothing, clicking it doesnt make a difference. Clicking the 'Like' button however brings up the facebook login box :D

The comments box on the viewtopic page looks out of place, for me it sits to far above the line that seperates the sig.

So far so good, i would like to see some more control over what forums can and cannot be liked, infact i found some code for a previous 'Like' mod that let you select manually within the file what forum IDs can be exempt from being 'Liked', i will try and find it and see if you can put it in.

Anyway, great work keitzy ;)

keitzy

Post by keitzy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:01 am

Sorry about that. I had used an older version of the modx.prosilver.en.xs. File Has been updated on Soure Forge.

keitzy

Post by keitzy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:05 am

This was my first attempt at using modx generator. I will go through each page and fix bugs. Normally when editing or customizing mods I do it by hand. This is what I should have done.

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:17 am

Getting this message in the Facebook Comments section... My ID & security are correct....

Error

App ID does not match domain The app ID specified within the "fb:app_id" meta tag is not allowed on this domain. You must setup the Connect Base Domains for your app to be a prefix of http://sonsofanarchyforever.com/forum/v ... 969#p46969.
Error Creating Page The app ID specified within the "fb:app_id" meta tag is not allowed on this domain. You must setup the Connect Base Domains for your app to be a prefix of http://sonsofanarchyforever.com/forum/v ... 969#p46969.

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:22 am

i think there should be a LIKE button off to the side possibly under the avatar. instead of putting a huge box in every post. Doesnt look clean with the huge box, to me.

keitzy

Post by keitzy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:33 am

sleevedbiker wrote:i think there should be a LIKE button off to the side possibly under the avatar. instead of putting a huge box in every post. Doesnt look clean with the huge box, to me.
Comments box or like button? The minute facebook release their grip on the social plugins being for noobs all that is going to change. Indeed the comments box does not look clean at all.

keitzy

Post by keitzy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:43 am

Jamy wrote:ok I installed this using auto mod, but it's not working right and I tried to uninstall and I get this error

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/editor.php on line 333: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/editor.php on line 365: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 150: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3715)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 152: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3715)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 153: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3715)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3715)
Please redownload the facebook 2011 zip.
Extract the zip to any folder.
Then in an ftp client. Navagate to your forum root directory/store/mods/Facebook 2011 folder.
Now replace the the install.xml and modx.prosilver.en.xs with ones from the folder you unzipped Facebook 2011 to.

I didnt realise that modx had created an empty install field. Files have been updated and fixed.

keitzy

Post by keitzy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:46 am

Sleavedbiker you have 2 instances of fbroot, fbinit on your site. Thats why the login button is not working.

keitzy

Post by keitzy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:15 am

cossielee. I have fixed that bug with the admin settings. They are being submitted to the database. But are not showing because they have been cached. I had forgotten to change them to dynamic in the database.
Will provide a fix soon.

hip-hopforums

Post by hip-hopforums » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:19 am

Still not working for me. Everytime I enter in the app id and secret key, it returns the values to 0. The connect button appears, but nothing happens when I click it.

Edit: Ok so I should wait a bit before redownloading again?

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:23 am

keitzy wrote:
sleevedbiker wrote:i think there should be a LIKE button off to the side possibly under the avatar. instead of putting a huge box in every post. Doesnt look clean with the huge box, to me.
Comments box or like button? The minute facebook release their grip on the social plugins being for noobs all that is going to change. Indeed the comments box does not look clean at all.
no, i dont see any problem with just the like button, I am changing it so only the like button sits at the top of each topic, instead of every post. In my opinion its overkill to put it in every post.

Also, when i turn off the comment box, it still shows up.

keitzy

Post by keitzy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:29 am

The like button is for each post not the page. I am working on the fix for the admin settings.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”