[ADB] Facebook For PhpBB Light

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
keitzy

Re: [ALPHA] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by keitzy »

JiMlondos wrote:Thanks for the reply http://hobbyfreetime.info/
You placed the {FBLOGIN} before the {FBINIT} in the overall header. Please move {FBINIT} above the {FBLOGIN}.
JiMlondos

Post by JiMlondos »

I haven't any {FBLOGIN} in overall_header.html!

edit:ok thank you..i fix it
gylippus

Post by gylippus »

Perhaps someone can help me out. I installed this mod and it works fine, as far as I can tell. I am new to facebook so I created a facebook account. I then created an application called mrdgeography. I added the secret code and application name to the facebook settings. All went well. Now, when I type in the facebook box at the end of posts it will pop up on my wall on my facebook account. Good. Here is my question. I teach students so I want all of them to be able to add my application to their accounts. Can someone tell me the basic steps? When I go to apps and search my app does not pop up because it has not been submitted to the app directory. I can't submit to the app directory until I have 5 users. Can someone add my app without it being in the directory and if so, how do they do this?
keitzy

Post by keitzy »

gylippus wrote:Perhaps someone can help me out. I installed this mod and it works fine, as far as I can tell. I am new to facebook so I created a facebook account. I then created an application called mrdgeography. I added the secret code and application name to the facebook settings. All went well. Now, when I type in the facebook box at the end of posts it will pop up on my wall on my facebook account. Good. Here is my question. I teach students so I want all of them to be able to add my application to their accounts. Can someone tell me the basic steps? When I go to apps and search my app does not pop up because it has not been submitted to the app directory. I can't submit to the app directory until I have 5 users. Can someone add my app without it being in the directory and if so, how do they do this?
Hi Mrd. Are you trying to get your students to add your facebook account where the comments box posts to?
as the app is really a ghost app and is not available from facebook and can only be used on the PhpBB forum.

Please add me on facebook and I can help you to the best of my knowledge. The link to my facebook support profile is below.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php? ... 2068616612
JiMlondos

Post by JiMlondos »

When I go to apps and search my app does not pop up because it has not been submitted to the app directory. I can't submit to the app directory until I have 5 users. Can someone add my app without it being in the directory and if so, how do they do this?
You can try this

Code: Select all

http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id={your_id_number}
without the

{ }

@keitzy

When I type in the facebook box, it will pop up on my wall on my facebook account but not the image(thumbnail) or the video of the post.It show up (facebook wall) the logo of my app.
gylippus

Post by gylippus »

I didn't entirely follow you. Where do I paste that code?
JiMlondos

Post by JiMlondos »

It isn't code but url
Write it in your browser and then you can manage how to invite friends etc
kickball365

Post by kickball365 »

For those of you who have installed this -- is it worth it?
Have you seen your usage numbers go up?
Are more "outsiders" jumping over from Facebook?
Are you seeing more referrals (if any)?
keitzy

Post by keitzy »

kickball365 wrote:For those of you who have installed this -- is it worth it?
Yes exactly kickball. Since I started this mod, I have had 20 likes only. The only good thing is the one click login unless your logged out of facebook.

http://socialkind.posterous.com/tips-on ... ing-e-book
kickball365

Post by kickball365 »

keitzy wrote:
kickball365 wrote:For those of you who have installed this -- is it worth it?
Yes exactly kickball. Since I started this mod, I have had 20 likes only. The only good thing is the one click login unless your logged out of facebook.

http://socialkind.posterous.com/tips-on ... ing-e-book
Have you seen a lot of new registrations because of the one click login?

What about old usernames -- did they convert over to using the facebook login?
keitzy

Post by keitzy »

I havent tested facebook for Phpbb on a fully setup live board yet. So i can't answer those questions sorry.
kickball365

Post by kickball365 »

keitzy wrote:I havent tested facebook for Phpbb on a fully setup live board yet. So i can't answer those questions sorry.
Wait, you wrote the mod and ou haven't tested on a live board yet? On that note I'm going to hold off on installing this. I'll try to get it setup on a test forum until alpha becomes beta... ;)
keitzy

Post by keitzy »

JiMlondos wrote:
When I go to apps and search my app does not pop up because it has not been submitted to the app directory. I can't submit to the app directory until I have 5 users. Can someone add my app without it being in the directory and if so, how do they do this?
You can try this

http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id={your_id_number}
without the

{ }

@keitzy

When I type in the facebook box, it will pop up on my wall on my facebook account but not the image(thumbnail) or the video of the post.It show up (facebook wall) the logo of my app.
Yes because i have added the og:image tag to meta tags in header. The only way to remove it is to edit functions.php in includes folder.

I will put more details up of how to do this once I have some spare time.
keitzy

Post by keitzy »

kickball365 wrote:
keitzy wrote:I havent tested facebook for Phpbb on a fully setup live board yet. So i can't answer those questions sorry.
Wait, you wrote the mod and ou haven't tested on a live board yet? On that note I'm going to hold off on installing this. I'll try to get it setup on a test forum until alpha becomes beta... ;)
The mod it self no. a fully mutated version i have for the website I work yes.

I advise strongly against using this on a live board. Although I will help if it is installed and you are having troubles. The purpose of the mods in this forum is for testing and not designed for live forums.

I am sorry its taken so long for beta to be released but I am holding off because of facebook.
JiMlondos

Post by JiMlondos »

I will put more details up of how to do this once I have some spare time.
I am waiting for this
Thank you very much
Very useful mod

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”