[ADB] Facebook For PhpBB Light

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
heredia21

Re: [ALPHA] Facebook 2011

Post by heredia21 »

keitzy wrote:Are you using a custom style?

Did you refresh the template in admin panel styles?

Have you purged the cache in admin panel general?

Cheers :D
Yes i am. I did refresh styles and purged cache. I dont see login buttons anywhere. I do see the facebook manager link. But when i click on it is just refreshes page.
Best BlackBerry website for all users! BlackBerry News - http://blackberryempire.com

keitzy

Post by keitzy »

As far as I can see, the edits for the functions.php in includes folder have not been done. Or you have not copied the prosilver edits to your style.

cossielee

Post by cossielee »

Iv noticed that when i like a thread on my forum it no longer shows as a status update but recent activity...im sure it always posted on your wall??? or have FB been messing about with stuff again??

i also have the share_on mod installed which allows you to share the first post on a thread, this appears as a status update and also now uses my custom site_logo image :)

Would it maybe be an idea to incorperate a 'Share' option into this mod for those that dont use the Share_On mod?? the share feature posts directly to your page as a status update unlinke the 'Like' feature...
Last edited by cossielee on Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

keitzy

Post by keitzy »

cossielee wrote:Iv noticed that when i like a thread on my forum it no longer shows as a status update but recent activity...im sure it always posted on your wall??? or have FB been messing about with stuff again??
Story of my life and why Facebook 2011 keeps being delayed. Just when things are looking solid. Facebook up and changes something. Extremely frustrating. Mostly when they break something and then fix it about year later. Never update their documents that they fixed the problem that you used hacks to fix yourself. The worst with facebook is they change stuff with out anything said to the developer. The latest for me. My facebook page wall now is missing posts and comments and likes are not the same as on the posts from facebook and this is from 4 different page walls where last week it was running awesome and was ready to go live. They also keep changing their login system and keep breaking their session functions so I have to keep changing from one function then another back to the original. I am beginning to see why Facebook Developer is becoming a ghost town.

cossielee

Post by cossielee »

keitzy wrote:
cossielee wrote:Iv noticed that when i like a thread on my forum it no longer shows as a status update but recent activity...im sure it always posted on your wall??? or have FB been messing about with stuff again??
Story of my life and why Facebook 2011 keeps being delayed. Just when things are looking solid. Facebook up and changes something. Extremely frustrating. Mostly when they break something and then fix it about year later. Never update their documents that they fixed the problem that you used hacks to fix yourself. The worst with facebook is they change stuff with out anything said to the developer. The latest for me. My facebook page wall now is missing posts and comments and likes are not the same as on the posts from facebook and this is from 4 different page walls where last week it was running awesome and was ready to go live. They also keep changing their login system and keep breaking their session functions so I have to keep changing from one function then another back to the original. I am beginning to see why Facebook Developer is becoming a ghost town.
I thought they had done something, why cant they just leave stuff alone :evil:

cossielee

Post by cossielee »

Ok, iv managed to add a 'Share' Button next to my 'like' button just underneath the Post Reply button :D

Facebook no longer provide the code for the 'Share' button as they have basiclly rolled it into the 'like' button, i understand why they have done that but its to long to post here, but the share code still works. It post perfect on my wall as a status update unlike the new 'like' feature. Only problem i have is the share button is slightly smaller than the like button plus i had to add a <div style> tag to get it to sit properly, but it works fine ;)

pink86wt

Post by pink86wt »

I'm trying to create an app in Facebook, but come out this:

Sorry, something went wrong.
We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can.

What can I do? I can't use this mod whithout this app...

keitzy

Post by keitzy »

its working fine for me now. Give it another go. :)

pink86wt

Post by pink86wt »

nothing.. after the captcha it returns alway this

Sorry, something went wrong.
We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can.
Go Back

keitzy

Post by keitzy »

What browser are you using?

pink86wt

Re: [ALPHA] Facebook For PhpBB

Post by pink86wt »

Firefox 4 and Internet Explorer 9

keitzy

Post by keitzy »

Yeah Facebook can be buggy sometimes. This is a well known bug on facebook that has not been answered in over a year.

IGCNWizzy

Post by IGCNWizzy »

Sorry for a little no sense question but I could not figure out it from reading all the topic.

What is missing at current stage?
What going to be planned in next release?
What is bugged at the moment?
Any serious problems?
Can the mod be used on live forum?

Thank you for your hard work!

pink86wt

Post by pink86wt »

So...? How I can create the app whit this facebook bug??

keitzy

Post by keitzy »

IGCNWizzy wrote:Sorry for a little no sense question but I could not figure out it from reading all the topic.

What is missing at current stage?
What going to be planned in next release?
What is bugged at the moment?
Any serious problems?
Can the mod be used on live forum?

Thank you for your hard work!
  • What is missing at current stage? Custom registration as facebook does not support text area's in registraion plugin.
What going to be planned in next release? I was planning on releasing the beta with a facebook page wall for users who have a facebook page, a facebook profile page, a facebook style home page to post and see profile wall and news posts.
What is bugged at the moment? The registration plugin. It does not support custom fields.
Any serious problems? Nope.
Can the mod be used on live forum? You can but I strongly don't recommend it.

There is now way to create without creating it via facebook. So please contact facebook with your problem as it is out of my hands unless I create it the app for you, you add me on facebook then I add you as an admin then you remove me from being an admin.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”