[ADB] Facebook For PhpBB Light

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Eqrepro

Re: [RC] Facebook For PhpBB Light

Post by Eqrepro » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:33 pm

OK... I set up a dummy board on my remote site and ran the install script again.

I now have a Facebook control panel page in my UCP, but no FB login link or button is present on the main (or any other) page on either FF or Chrome - perhaps I am misunderstanding the function, and please correct me if I am incorrect, but I had thought there would be an FB login button somewhere at the top of each page such as you have on your own site. Anyhow, the UCP appears like this:

I suspect this is good... :)

However, when one uses that "Enable Facebook Login" button, the FB dialogue popup appears and one fills that in, and then in Chrome this happens:

You can see that the whole page is somehow suppressed in clarity, and then there's that funky white area... In FF however, this happens:

In other words, a page within a page (with the funky white area behind it)! Then in both browsers, after a few moments, they resolve to this:

...which is a "rotating world" that shows hits to the page, which is normally located towards the bottom left part of the page. There's nothing else on the page at all!!

Help!!!!! :lol:

mpoll

Post by mpoll » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi,

I'm sure this has been asked many times, how does your mod handle the conflict when:

a registered user has username: X and a new user logging in thru your facebook mod also has name : X

Thanks

keitzy

Post by keitzy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:49 pm

@Eqrepro

You will need to enter details from your facebook developer app and set up the facebook settings within the Admin Control panel. Facebook For PhpBB Light admin tab.

@mpoll

There will be no conflict because all the input fields within the UI registration use an ajax validation and database check to see if the email and user name are valid characters and checks to see the username exists. If the characters are valid and the username doesn't exist then the submit button will appear.

Eqrepro

Post by Eqrepro » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:39 pm

keitzy wrote:@Eqrepro

You will need to enter details from your facebook developer app and set up the facebook settings within the Admin Control panel. Facebook For PhpBB Light admin tab.
That had been done prior to the above post and the resulting images represented. I also just checked to make sure that they are both still entered, which they are in their entirety.

Hopefully you can point me a another possibility?

Thanks.

keitzy

Post by keitzy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:48 pm

Eqrepro

Post by Eqrepro » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:19 pm

Yup. Got all greens - initially I had errors as I had copied files over from the other localhost install (but not the database), but I "uninstalled" and then "installed" and got the go-ahead. Now the only option is to uninstall again.

:?

mpoll

Post by mpoll » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:18 pm

OK Thanks, is it okay to install the mod on a live forum ? If not, when do you plan on releasing the final version ?

keitzy

Post by keitzy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:00 am

mpoll wrote:OK Thanks, is it okay to install the mod on a live forum ? If not, when do you plan on releasing the final version ?
IF your confident at template edits and know a little bit about phpbb then go for it. The mod is almost ready to go live but just getting people to test the RC b4 it does.

mpoll

Post by mpoll » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:42 am

that shud not be a problem.

Your download link only has a patch file ?

keitzy

Post by keitzy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:47 am

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fb2011 ... t/download
you will also need to install the patch file as well. I haven't gotten around to fixing it yet

mpoll

Post by mpoll » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:55 am

Yes This link has the patch file only and not the mod.

keitzy

Post by keitzy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:00 am

zamolxis

Post by zamolxis » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:50 am

Hi, thanks for the mod! I installed the mod on a test forum, however, though I can see the buttons, when try to login, nothing happens (I can see a popup open and close but it doesn't actually log me in) What have I done wrong?

keitzy

Post by keitzy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:19 pm

zamolxis wrote:Hi, thanks for the mod! I installed the mod on a test forum, however, though I can see the buttons, when try to login, nothing happens (I can see a popup open and close but it doesn't actually log me in) What have I done wrong?
Link to your website please.

zamolxis

Post by zamolxis » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:08 pm

The link is http://musicianster.com/forum/

I reinstalled and now I get stuck on a popup that says "Link Facebook", but then it doesn't go any further.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”