[ABD] Membership Management with Paypal IPN

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
wrkalot

Re: [BETA] Membership Management with Paypal IPN

Post by wrkalot » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:18 am

I found that. Now I get this...

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home3/user/public_html/site/includes/paypal_class.php on line 392
I'm guessing it the same fsockopen issue Lorax is having?
Tutorial: How to add ads to your forum viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2417316

matt16289

Post by matt16289 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:21 am

Hey guys im hoping you all can help me out... I have spent the last 3 day sorting out small problem with this MOD. and so far im finally getting somewhere :D ....but now im stuck again... :lol:

I keep getting the message "Failed Validation" when I go to checkout.

I have done a lot of searching threw this forum and haven't found much to help me out.

I have double checked my API PayPal settings and also I checked my digital good settings. Bolth are fine!

Unfortunately it is still saying the same thing. I would like to pull up my " .results.log" But unfortunately I have no idea were that is or were to go look for it....(Yes I am am very much a newb) but I do get the hang of it quick...sort of.

Anyways any help would be great.

Thanks,
matt.

matt16289

Post by matt16289 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:37 am

Ok Ignore my last post I had figured it out. I put the wrong Paypal Acount Number in, in my settings.... :oops: . Anyways I am now on to another problem....

So far everything seems to be working great even testing out my first payment, and it worked!

But here is my problem. when I go to check out and it lists what I have in my shopping basket. The renewal date is incorrect. My billing cycle settings set to $1.00 / 1 / year/ "group listing"

The renewal date on my checkout shows this. - Premium Membership From Fri Sep 05, 2014 for 1 Year until Fri Sep 05, 2014.....?

Any idea why its showing the same date for start and end?

Master_Cylinder

Post by Master_Cylinder » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:00 am

Is this abandoned now? :(

Lorax

Post by Lorax » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:35 pm

matt16289 wrote:Ok Ignore my last post I had figured it out. I put the wrong Paypal Acount Number in, in my settings.... :oops: . Anyways I am now on to another problem....

So far everything seems to be working great even testing out my first payment, and it worked!

But here is my problem. when I go to check out and it lists what I have in my shopping basket. The renewal date is incorrect. My billing cycle settings set to $1.00 / 1 / year/ "group listing"

The renewal date on my checkout shows this. - Premium Membership From Fri Sep 05, 2014 for 1 Year until Fri Sep 05, 2014.....?

Any idea why its showing the same date for start and end?
Look at my post

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2126610&start=1185#p13656296

-Lorax
Peak Imaginations, Inc.
Employ yourself and take your imagination to the next level
License your Copyright, Intellectual Property, or Patent for publication to third parties at your price
http://www.peakimaginations.com

matt16289

Post by matt16289 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:39 am

Thanks Lorax for that link. I will go check it out shortly. Right now im trying to add some text underneath were you would go to select your subscription. I wanted to try and put a list of what the benefits were to subscribing for a membership. unfortunately anything I type in doesn't show up... Anyways I will continue to work on that.

jboss

Post by jboss » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Hello.

Are there instruction for installing on 3.1.x? Has anyone tried/tested this on 3.1.x?

Thanks,

Jerry

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:47 pm

jboss wrote:Hello.

Are there instruction for installing on 3.1.x? Has anyone tried/tested this on 3.1.x?

Thanks,

Jerry
it will not work at all in 3.1

no 3.0 MODs will work in 3.1 because 3.1 does not use MODs. it uses what are called extension.

they do approximately the same thing but do so without touching the core code of phpbb.

so, considering the fact that in all these years, this MOD has still not gotten past BETA stage for 3.0, I doubt anyone will get in a big hurry to create it in the new extension format.

I would think it would be much more popular than it is.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

Master_Cylinder

Post by Master_Cylinder » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:40 pm

The mod/ext would be more popular if it worked right and if it was finished. I'm skipping 3.1 though...

the pips

Post by the pips » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:26 am

Hi Everyone,
Sorry I've not been around for the last few months. A combination of family matters and running a major project at work has completely occupied me. I'll going to go back through the posts and start putting a new release together that should address the issues. With your help I'm sure we'll be able to get it completed....just in time for version 3.1.

Cheers
Doug

MrC
Name: Ivo

Post by MrC » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:32 am

Good to see you back online Doug

Will there be a 3.1 extension of this mod?

spaceace

Post by spaceace » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:09 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:[quote="jno 3.0 MODs will work in 3.1 because 3.1 does not use MODs. it uses what are called extension.
that is not exactly true... my mod only changes core phpBB files and has worked perfectly from phpBB 3.0.8 to 3.1.0 without any changes to my mod

jboss

Post by jboss » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:52 pm

the pips wrote:Hi Everyone,
Sorry I've not been around for the last few months. A combination of family matters and running a major project at work has completely occupied me. I'll going to go back through the posts and start putting a new release together that should address the issues. With your help I'm sure we'll be able to get it completed....just in time for version 3.1.

Cheers
Doug

Doug,

Thanks for the update. I look forward to implementing the mod in 3.1.

Thanks,

Jerry

Master_Cylinder

Post by Master_Cylinder » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:21 pm

the pips wrote:Hi Everyone,
Glad to see you're back, this is still a very needed mod. I had to disable 1.0.12 on my forums because it was broke so I'm looking forward to the next update; hopefully it will "upgrade" so I don't have to manually rip everything out again. ;)

I'll pass on 3.1 though...

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:00 am

spaceace wrote:that is not exactly true... my mod only changes core phpBB files and has worked perfectly from phpBB 3.0.8 to 3.1.0 without any changes to my mod
Uhmmm, huh? How, exactly, is that possible?
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”