[ABD] Membership Management with Paypal IPN

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Bullmax

Re: [BETA] Membership Management with Paypal IPN

Post by Bullmax »

When I click on Users and groups > Membership management > Members > Overdue Premium Members from the drop down I get this error and hoping someone can figure it out:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_membership.php on line 716: min(): Array must contain at least one element
Return to the index page
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 [1064]

SQL

SELECT count(DISTINCT u.user_id) AS user_count FROM (phpbb_users u CROSS JOIN phpbb_user_group ug CROSS JOIN phpbb_membership m) LEFT JOIN phpbb_profile_fields_data pfd ON (pfd.user_id=u.user_id) LEFT JOIN phpbb_users au ON (au.user_id = m.associate_id) LEFT JOIN phpbb_membership a ON (a.associate_id = u.user_id) LEFT JOIN phpbb_users ao ON (ao.user_id = a.user_id) WHERE u.user_type=0 AND ug.user_id=u.user_id AND ug.group_id = 15 AND m.user_id=ug.user_id AND m.group_id = ug.group_id AND m.renewal_date < 

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 193
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_membership.php
LINE: 778
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_membership.php
LINE: 735
CALL: view_members()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_membership->main()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 75
CALL: p_master->load_active()
Bill_Thompson

Post by Bill_Thompson »

Thank you Robert. I added a question that most people will not get. I ask: "What is the last name of Chelsea Clinton's biological father?" That should stop the bots.

I tried it out. Now I have a new question. What are the steps involved for someone to get membership. Do they first create an account and then go back and log in to get membership in order to be able to post? I think that is how this works. Is it?
Master_Cylinder

Post by Master_Cylinder »

Bill_Thompson wrote:Thank you Robert. I added a question that most people will not get. I ask: "What is the last name of Chelsea Clinton's biological father?" That should stop the bots.

I tried it out. Now I have a new question. What are the steps involved for someone to get membership. Do they first create an account and then go back and log in to get membership in order to be able to post? I think that is how this works. Is it?
Any question that can be found in a search engine is breakable by modern bots.
Jackanape
Name: Jack Drury

Post by Jackanape »

Bullmax wrote:When I click on Users and groups > Membership management > Members > Overdue Premium Members from the drop down I get this error and hoping someone can figure it out:
There's nothing in acr_membership.php that would lead to that error. Have you checked for the existence of all the other files mentioned? You may have a missing mod file.
Bill_Thompson wrote:What are the steps involved for someone to get membership. Do they first create an account and then go back and log in to get membership in order to be able to post? I think that is how this works. Is it?
I know there is an option for joining on registration, but I don't think it's required for registration--although, if you were able to set that, you'd certainly solve all your bot problems...
Master_Cylinder wrote:Any question that can be found in a search engine is breakable by modern bots.
Agreed, but I've had incredible luck with a couple of very simple questions. I have installed a couple of other little "stops" along the way--including a little routine that summarily deletes accounts on their first login if their registration fields don't fit requirements. This has cleaned up an awful lot that the questions might not, such as human accounts. These accounts rarely try re-registering after that...LOL
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
: : Wanna Talk Poker? : : Image : :
Jackanape

Post by Jackanape »

I'm not having any luck with the Payment Processing module. It seems the 1.0.5 package is actually the 1.0.4 package, and I'm not getting any updates--members are dropped even after their subscription payment is made. I know the earlier version I had worked. Does anyone have 1.0.5, by any chance, the real one?
~Extending the rule of meticulous exactitude to exaspirating punctillio...still.~
Treat your phpBB like a member of the family--Update and MOD her by hand, with HTML-Kit
guildasp

Post by guildasp »

This works fully for me except its not sending the reminder emails. Works good in the ACP. The only thing I can think of is that the cron job is set to 0 * * * * . Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Jackanape

Post by Jackanape »

guildasp wrote: The only thing I can think of is that the cron job is set to 0 * * * * . Any ideas?
My cron isn't working at all. I have to manually renew all subscriptions...didn't have to before...

I made the mistake of updating my install to the most recent downloads. Pretty much nothing works the way it's supposed to, and I'm at sea. I suppose at some point, I'll need to sit down and finish this myself.

Any word on 1.0.5, anyone?
Komanche

Post by Komanche »

bump for extension for 3.1 ;)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: [ABD] Membership Management with Paypal IPN

Post by Paul »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the mod author has not been active recently. If the MOD author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the MOD Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this MOD, or any other mod that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Modifications Team

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”