[ABD] Membership Management with Paypal IPN

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Neo

Re: [Dev] Membership Application and Management

Post by Neo »

Glad to hear you are making good progress I think we are all looking out for this and are ready to test it out when you have download ready for us. :ugeek:
Thanks for the update. :D
eXo`

Post by eXo` »

Will it supports Subsilver2 based styles?
the pips

Post by the pips »

Hi,
I don't know, I've never used Subsilver2 :lol:

My first objective is to get Prosilver up and running. After that? maybe

Regards
Doug
the pips

Post by the pips »

I've been beavering away on the mod and made a significant breakthough. I've finally managed to get the Paypal IPN working! Recurring payments and cancellations are now being handled through the IPN mechanism.

I've also changed how the application fields are generated so you can now add your custom profile fields and they'll be presented to the user applying for membership. The only bit I haven't worked out is how to present the fields in the summary. At the moment you'd have to modify one html to add or remove fields.

I think my next task is going to be created the modX package. Hopefully it won't take long now, certainly days rather than weeks. ok, that may be a bit ambitious but I'm gettng there!

Still to do:
Email membership renewal.
Remove loads of embedded messages.

Regards
Doug
jbarrouk

Post by jbarrouk »

Awesome Doug! Keep up the great work. It is very appreciated.

all the best,
Joe
z0nkers

Post by z0nkers »

amazing! thank you for this. i'm just in the process of putting together a subscription based forum. timing couldn't be better :)
the pips

Post by the pips »

I'm sorry if anyone has been inconvenienced over the weekend by the demo site constantly crashing. I've reached the stage where I'm trying to put together a installation package. Unfortunately I didn't get it quite right and messed up the database.

Then I did a global search and replace in the program but hadn't noticed I'd left the "all programs" option ticked. So instead of fixing one problem I effectively trashed my local system :shock: Fortunately I was able to reinstate it fairly easily and only lost a day or so of work. :cry:

The good news is that, with a modicum of good fortune, I'll be uploading the installation package very soon now.

Regards
Doug
the pips

Post by the pips »

Well, A milestone today! I'm delighted to be able to make the very first pre-alpha installation package of this mod available for download :shock:

I've not bothered setting up anything fancy at the moment. Just go to http://www.development.arvclub.co.uk/download and click on the membership_management.zip.

Under no circumstances should this be installed on anything other than a test site. However, if you want to test the Paypal IPN features then you'll need a public IP address.

I'm going to start knocking some documentation together but let me know if you need any help.

Regards
Doug
Last edited by the pips on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drakken

Post by Drakken »

Thanks Doug!
pisicaroz
Name: Serban Alexandru

Post by pisicaroz »

Hi Doug,
Link is dead... please check once again!

Kind regards,
Alex
the pips

Post by the pips »

Doesn't bode well does it? Couldn't even get the path for the download right :lol:

All sorted now

Regards
Doug
the pips

Post by the pips »

I've uploaded a new version of the mod which adds the last few bits and pieces I intended writing. I'm now getting started on cleaning up the code and trying to ensure it's as bug free as possible.

Any feedback gratefully received.

Regards
Doug
Boardtalk.net
Name: Colette

Post by Boardtalk.net »

Just had a quick look at the download - gosh you have been a busy bee :D . Thanks for this and will try it out the next chance I get. :D
Stickygreen

Post by Stickygreen »

Thanks i'll install later tonight and give you some feed back.

Something you might consider is renaming your template files by putting something like paypal_ or membership_ before them. That way they are listed together. Makes editing them much easier.
the pips

Post by the pips »

I've just uploaded another package that fixes a couple of minor issues but more importantly sorts out the install program. I've just done a test installation on a backup copy of my live site and it worked just about spot-on. It's reaching the stage where I'm refining rather than developing.

All I've got to do now is find out what's the next step in publishing it.

I'm unlikely to find time to work on the mod over the next week but if anyone needs any support I'll do what I can.

Regards
Doug

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”