[ABD] Membership Management with Paypal IPN

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
the pips

Re: [BETA] Membership Management with Paypal IPN

Post by the pips »

serpentscode wrote:
sdocpub wrote:Definitely a nice mod. I've been playing around with it and have some suggestions.

Is the "payment" side put together yet? I looked at the installation instructions and there was no PayPal info input anywhere.

Possible Bug - was not able to access the ACP after activating the mod. Reauthentication fails and I get sent back to the UN/PW page or I'm told I don't have admin permissions. (Even though I'm listed as an admin in "whos online", etc.) FWIW I was also playing around with the "Add User" mod, so I don't know if that was a conflict or not.

About to restore my old files and start again but your project is definitely promising. Thanx!
This mod is really needed by a lot of users. How you said, the same problems appears to everyone, this bug is from this mod.
This mod is not ready to use, thepips, please update this mod for us and make it working!
I need this mod for my own forum so I'm really keen to get it finished. It WILL happen.

Regards
Doug

the pips

Post by the pips »

I'm pleased you toned your post down Peter. Please remember this isn't a full time job while you express your disappointment that it's still not finished after 18 months. Please also bear in mind that this is very much in development and should only be used on a test system that you can rollback if necessary.

For the past few month I've had a series of family issues which unfortunately seems to be continuing. I'm going to be away for the next two weeks during my recuperation so won't be in a position to do anything further.

I've decided to package up what I've got so far. There's a lot of changes from the previous versions.

Download membership_management V0.1.1.zip if you just want the management element. If you also want the Paypal automated payment then download payments v0.1.1.zip.

Regards
Doug

seedism
Name: Peter Hamilton

Post by seedism »

Hi Doug

I realized my post was out of order, I appreciate what you are doing and understand that things take time if they need to be done right.

After having my forum crash for the 8th time I was a bit frustrated and pointed my anger in the wrong direction, please know it was nothing personal or directed at the people working on this mod.

I will play with the mod again, but I realize it is not finished and might need updating at a later date.

I am very interested in a working version of this mod, and I see many others that are waiting in anticipation to a final working version, do not hesitate to ask for donations on download I will happily pay.

Good luck and see you in a few weeks.

P.H.

DonkeyBike

Post by DonkeyBike »

I think I'll hang tough untill you give the thumbs up Doug, lookin forward to the finished product. ;)

maremmagirl

Post by maremmagirl »

Hi Doug,
sorry to hear you have some family issues to deal with.

The problem with us that are not able to work on all this full time is how ridiculously fast a few weeks gets away!
Hi,
Delighted it's working. I think we must have been setting your site up just about the time I was re-writing certain functions.
Do a global search and replace of parent:: and replace it with $this-> in both eft_class.php and cheque_class.php
Now I'm going to have to sound dumb again, as I tried the find and replace.
The line reads parent::__construct(); so I made it $this->__construct();
However that returns an internal server error.
The error message says to check my error logs but I can only find the error that was caused when the line read parent::

Still no problem with the paypal function working, just the cheque and eft.

thanks again :)
EDIT: obviously if you are away for 2 weeks I know you won't get to answer this!

-SmS-

Post by -SmS- »

Hello i have install this mod after installation i don't have access to my ACP user with permissions of ACP can't login however i have remove all edits from files and disable module from phpmyadmin php_modules table
but i still don't have access to my ACP any one can help ?

serpentscode

Post by serpentscode »

-SmS- wrote:Hello i have install this mod after installation i don't have access to my ACP user with permissions of ACP can't login however i have remove all edits from files and disable module from phpmyadmin php_modules table
but i still don't have access to my ACP any one can help ?
Solution:
BCFbuilderboy wrote: Use PHPMyAdmin (or whatever DB toolset you use) and open the sessions table. Modify the structure and set a length of 2000 on the shopping_basket.
Anyway the mod is not working yet!

-SmS-

Post by -SmS- »

thanks for quick reply i have change phpbb_session>shopping_basket to varchar 2000 value but i still cant login and can't register on the board can help ? it was set on text and it doesn't work when it was on text i have change to varchar and set value after varchar it set value but still the same thing cant login and register to the board :(

-SmS-

Post by -SmS- »

i want to uninstall this mod from my database i have removed all the files edit can someone give me sql query to uninstall the module from my database i am tired with login issue getting lots of complains also change the shopping basket to 2000 varchar but it still didn't work can someone please give me sql query to completly remove this mod from my database ?

serpentscode

Post by serpentscode »

Enter with phpMyAdmin and remove the shopping basket column.
This should work.

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

-SmS- wrote:i want to uninstall this mod from my database i have removed all the files edit can someone give me sql query to uninstall the module from my database i am tired with login issue getting lots of complains also change the shopping basket to 2000 varchar but it still didn't work can someone please give me sql query to completly remove this mod from my database ?
Just upload the createMembership.php file and browse to it. It's a UMIL file so will both make entries to the database as well as remove the entries made.
In times of change, learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists - Eric Hoffer
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer
All requests for support via PM will be ignored

-SmS-

Post by -SmS- »

thanks for help now it works modification is great it self but have lots of bugs looking forward for final version of the mod

the pips

Post by the pips »

YAY!!!! I've found the issue and corrected the create programs. It would seem that different MySQL engines work in different ways with null and defaults in Text fields. It's also affected by the version number and if the engine is running in strict mode or not. Yesterday was the first time I was able to look into it and ran a series of tests and found an approach that works.

Find the line in createMembership.php

Code: Select all

array(SESSIONS_TABLE, 'shopping_basket', array('text', '')),
and replace it with

array(SESSIONS_TABLE, 'shopping_basket', array('VCHAR:3000', 'Empty')),
Let me know how you get on.

Regards
Doug

seedism
Name: Peter Hamilton

Post by seedism »

Hi D.
Nice to see you back.

Does this mean that the mod works with this adjustment, and both the membership and paypal part of the mod work?

msg4real

Post by msg4real »

I like the mos thus far and looking for it to be completed

I wanted to let you know you can't install both mods together as they cause errors in func.php also they both have missing files and request files already there

further for the member management mod, during the install it fails on a vanilla install of phpbb3 due to

language/en/acp/common.php
Find
	'ACP_USER_GROUPS'				=> 'Premium Groups',
Add After
	'ACP_USER_MANAGEMENT'			=> 'User management',
	'ACP_USER_USERS_MEMBERSHIP'			=> 'Premium Group Membership',
The Find specified by the MOD could not be found

after modifying the file Removing "Premium" the rest of the edit go ok but it is missing a file

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”