Page 19 of 28

Re: [BETA] phpBB Sportsbook Lite (sports prediction system)

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:50 pm
by $tring
artikkk wrote:Solved,
i change on sportbooks.php

Code: Select all

    include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_display.' . $phpEx);
in

Code: Select all

    include_once($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_display.' . $phpEx);
Now work :)
I think your other mod is including that script too early, you may find other problems with that mod.

$

Re: [BETA] phpBB Sportsbook Lite (sports prediction system)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:03 am
by indianfootynet
Hello there!

This mod is exactly wat I was looking for for months! But the problem is that I want to add Indian Football League prediction along with EPL and not Scottish.

Can it be done? What are the changes required, if yes?

Thanks and Regards

Re: [BETA] phpBB Sportsbook Lite (sports prediction system)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:39 am
by indianfootynet
Hey! Sorry for that bad question.

My new question is, when I am uploading images for teams thru ACP, it says
WARNING: It is not possible to upload image
Kindly troubleshoot this problem!

Thanks

Re: [BETA] phpBB Sportsbook Lite (sports prediction system)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:44 pm
by $tring
indianfootynet wrote:Hey! Sorry for that bad question.

My new question is, when I am uploading images for teams thru ACP, it says
WARNING: It is not possible to upload image
Kindly troubleshoot this problem!

Thanks
Hi,

CHMOD your images/sportsbook directory to 755.

$

Re: [BETA] phpBB Sportsbook Lite (sports prediction system)

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:20 pm
by $tring
artikkk wrote:Hi,
i've this style error
Image

how can i fix it?
Hi,

Have you resolved this?

$

Re: [BETA] phpBB Sportsbook Lite (sports prediction system)

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:22 pm
by artikkk
i reinstall prosilver :)

Re: [BETA] phpBB Sportsbook Lite (sports prediction system)

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:38 pm
by a8eofovos
$tring wrote:
indianfootynet wrote:Hey! Sorry for that bad question.

My new question is, when I am uploading images for teams thru ACP, it says
WARNING: It is not possible to upload image
Kindly troubleshoot this problem!

Thanks
Hi,

CHMOD your images/sportsbook directory to 755.

$
hello my firend can whe to use the mod for football league table and match program???
like to put own teams nad put the results of games,,,
thanks a lot

Re: [BETA] phpBB Sportsbook Lite (sports prediction system)

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:50 pm
by $tring
a8eofovos wrote:
$tring wrote:
indianfootynet wrote:Hey! Sorry for that bad question.

My new question is, when I am uploading images for teams thru ACP, it says
WARNING: It is not possible to upload image
Kindly troubleshoot this problem!

Thanks
Hi,

CHMOD your images/sportsbook directory to 755.

$
hello my firend can whe to use the mod for football league table and match program???
like to put own teams nad put the results of games,,,
thanks a lot
Hi,

I'm sorry but I do not fully understand your question.

$

Re: [BETA] phpBB Sportsbook Lite (sports prediction system)

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:13 pm
by $tring
Test board updated to version 0.3.0.

Biggest change is the addition of UCP modules. You may choose which leagues to display, and you can also choose a default team.

Please have a look at the new set up, and test things out. If your Sportsbook on your site only has one league, then choose to view only one league on the test board to see how that will work out for you (hope that makes sense).

Version 0.3.0 will be available for download as soon as I have tested thoroughly.

Re: [BETA] phpBB Sportsbook Lite (sports prediction system)

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:36 pm
by artikkk
i try new functions and don't find any error :mrgreen:

Re: [BETA] phpBB Sportsbook Lite (sports prediction system)

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:56 pm
by martinec
Hi $tring,

I have a weird behavior on UCP when in "Edit Preferences".

Initially, Default League and Default Team are set ton 'None'.

Say I select "Premier League".
I still have all the teams in the Default Team listbox. So I can choose for instance Aberdeen, which is not in Premier League.

If I submit, and go back to that page, the default league is good, but default team still to 'none'.

Moreover, if I think that default league is a good idea, I'm a bit confused with the following scenario :

- If I choose a default league (e.g. Premier League), and go to sportsbook, great, I have Premier League displayed on each page.
- Say know I want to see the Scottish Premier League. I go to Sportsbook Home, and select that league, to display the infos about that league. Good.
- But now I want to see also the fixtures, the results, or the tables for Scottish League. So I click on the link, Fixtures for instance.
- But what I see in fixtures is Premier League again.

This is logical, but perhaps it would be better if you kept the latest chosen league in a session variable, to keep it through the sportsbook pages. If this variable is empty, then you take the default value set.

Re: [BETA] phpBB Sportsbook Lite (sports prediction system)

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:34 pm
by $tring
martinec wrote:Hi $tring,

I have a weird behavior on UCP when in "Edit Preferences".

Initially, Default League and Default Team are set ton 'None'.

Say I select "Premier League".
I still have all the teams in the Default Team listbox. So I can choose for instance Aberdeen, which is not in Premier League.

If I submit, and go back to that page, the default league is good, but default team still to 'none'.
This is how it is designed. If you had chosen a valid team for that league (most likely scenario) then both defaults would be set as required. If you select a team that does not belong to your default league, then obviously your team choice must be disregarded and set to "none".

I had considered using Javascript to populate the select boxes intuitively, however I felt that 99% of people would be choosing a team that matched their choice of league.

Any further thoughts on that?
martinec wrote: Moreover, if I think that default league is a good idea, I'm a bit confused with the following scenario :

- If I choose a default league (e.g. Premier League), and go to sportsbook, great, I have Premier League displayed on each page.
- Say know I want to see the Scottish Premier League. I go to Sportsbook Home, and select that league, to display the infos about that league. Good.
- But now I want to see also the fixtures, the results, or the tables for Scottish League. So I click on the link, Fixtures for instance.
- But what I see in fixtures is Premier League again.

This is logical, but perhaps it would be better if you kept the latest chosen league in a session variable, to keep it through the sportsbook pages. If this variable is empty, then you take the default value set.
Hmm. That is an interesting suggestion. I coded the default options from the view that if someone had chosen a default league, then mostly that is all they will be interested in viewing. I did not think that they would regularly be viewing other leagues. In hindsight, that was maybe a bit presumptuous. If someone has multiple leagues set to view, then obviously there must be an interest there... and the default league is merely a preference.

I shall delay the release of ver. 0.3.0-beta until I have looked into the viability of a sessions system to handle this scenario, just as you have suggested.

Great comments again, Martin. Thank you.

$

Re: [BETA] phpBB Sportsbook Lite (sports prediction system)

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:45 pm
by martinec
$tring wrote:
This is how it is designed. If you had chosen a valid team for that league (most likely scenario) then both defaults would be set as required. If you select a team that does not belong to your default league, then obviously your team choice must be disregarded and set to "none".

I had considered using Javascript to populate the select boxes intuitively, however I felt that 99% of people would be choosing a team that matched their choice of league.

Any further thoughts on that?
If it is not possible to select a default team that is not inside the default league, then you should display only the teams of the league in the second listbox, once a choice is made in the first listbox.

Re: [BETA] phpBB Sportsbook Lite (sports prediction system)

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:50 pm
by $tring
martinec wrote:
$tring wrote:
This is how it is designed. If you had chosen a valid team for that league (most likely scenario) then both defaults would be set as required. If you select a team that does not belong to your default league, then obviously your team choice must be disregarded and set to "none".

I had considered using Javascript to populate the select boxes intuitively, however I felt that 99% of people would be choosing a team that matched their choice of league.

Any further thoughts on that?
If it is not possible to select a default team that is not inside the default league, then you should display only the teams of the league in the second listbox, once a choice is made in the first listbox.
Fair enough, I'll add some javascript magic to it.

$

Re: [BETA] phpBB Sportsbook Lite (sports prediction system)

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:19 pm
by $tring
OK,

Test board updated. If you select a league outwith your default league, this selection will be remembered until:

a) You select another league, or you select your default league.

b) 5 minutes have elapsed since you last selected a league -- at which point everything reverts back to the default league selection.

Sounds complicated, but it's not... try it out!

Many thanks to Martin for the suggestion, it's a very good feature suggestion.

I will not be coding the intuitive default team selection this time round, that will come in a future release (probably the next after 0.3.0-beta).

If you don't find any errors on the test board, I'll release the update for download tomorrow sometime.

Thanks
$