Modification Download: Author: DangerousPrototypes, based on the great work of Philthy and others. All automod packages made possible by Philthy. Thanks for making it happen!
Modification Description: This MOD places simple restrictions on new users to prevent spammers from posting what they want: links. We no longer need annoying captchas, registration questions, and user moderation with this mod. We even enabled guest posting. See the full documentation and feature description here.
- * Disables external links and bad words in posts, messages, signatures, and profiles until a user reaches a specified age and/or number of posts
* Own-site links are excluded from the filter, other sites can be added to a whitelist
* Configurable list of forbidden filter words, optionally show the user the trigger term
* Configurable unicode filters to prevent spam in languages not used in the forum
* Prevents 'sleeper agents' by disabling posts, signatures, and profiles for old accounts with 0 posts (optional)
* Zombie registration cleanup deletes old users with no posts (optional)
*Log of all filter actions (optional)
* Protections are 'automatically' disabled after the criteria are met (no moderation required)
You can hack the code to enable EXTREME mode with honeypot goodness... (not recommended for mortal SYSOPS!!!)
- *Auto-delete 0 post users who try to post a profile
*Auto-delete 0 post users who try to post a spammy signature
*Auto-delete 0 post users who try to post a VERY spammy post (configurable link limit)
*All EXTREME mode actions are automatically logged
Demo URL: http://www.dangerousprototypes.com/forum
This is a continuation of the work on the Disable links for new users mod.
Thanks to Philthy for providing the packaged version!
Here are some possible future features:
*Sliding window based on first post instead of registration date, gives admins more time to spot spammers before they strike
*Actually disable fields and submit button in user profile, scripts that submit anyways are auto-deleted
Suggestions and complaints accepted below.
There are two minor automod issues:
SQL ERRORS ON UNINSTALL
*Several empty SQL errors on uninstall.
I googled but didnt see how to fix it.
1. Force uninstall anyways, it will just leave the settings in the database and they will be ignored.
2. Force uninstall and then go to phpmysql, etc, and delete the entries.
SQL ERRORS ON RE-INSTALL
*Duplicate entry errors on re-install
Related to above error: the entries are still in the settings database.
1. Force the install, your previous settings will be restored.