[ABD] Advanced Show Poll Voters 1.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Re: [RC] Advanced Show Poll Voters 1.0.0

Post by Jessica »

I'm not sure why the other voters for other options are not showing up for you. On my site, I see all voters for all options (I use prosilver)...

But thanks for the link to the post to fix the time. Though I wish I could get rid of the times for the old polls...:S
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
nielsvo

Post by nielsvo »

Jessica wrote:But thanks for the link to the post to fix the time. Though I wish I could get rid of the times for the old polls...:S
I got rid of the vote times in the list completely as I do not need it and occupies too much space in the list.

I got it working in Subsilver2 now, my code has been changed as follows now:

Code: Select all

<td><span class="gen">{poll_option.POLL_OPTION_CAPTION}</span></td>
						<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_RESULTS -->
							<td dir="ltr">{POLL_LEFT_CAP_IMG}{poll_option.POLL_OPTION_IMG}{POLL_RIGHT_CAP_IMG}&nbsp</td>
							<td class="gen" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}"><b>&nbsp;{poll_option.POLL_OPTION_PERCENT}&nbsp;</b></td>
							<td class="gen" align="left">[ {poll_option.POLL_OPTION_RESULT} ]
							<!-- IF .poll_option && poll_option.POLL_OPTION_RESULT_PERMISSION -->{poll_option.POLL_OPTION_VOTERS}<!-- ENDIF --></td>
							<!-- IF poll_option.POLL_OPTION_VOTED -->
								<td class="gensmall" valign="top"><b title="{L_POLL_VOTED_OPTION}">x</b></td>
							<!-- ENDIF -->
It looks like this now:

Finally got it working as desired :D :D
DaveWFrank

Post by DaveWFrank »

Hi there,
I just installed the AutoMod friendly version you listed on page 1 and it appears to be working great. One question though. It appears that all users are capable of viewing who voted. Is it possible to change it to only Admin/Mods/Certain Groups are able to view who voted for which option?

Thanks!
Dave
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

DaveWFrank wrote:Hi there,
I just installed the AutoMod friendly version you listed on page 1 and it appears to be working great. One question though. It appears that all users are capable of viewing who voted. Is it possible to change it to only Admin/Mods/Certain Groups are able to view who voted for which option?

Thanks!
Dave
Yeah there are permissions...you go to a forum (in the ACP, Forum permissions), choose a group, and set to Yes or No in the Polls tab
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
DaveWFrank

Post by DaveWFrank »

I think what you're saying is how to change whether people can VOTE or not in a poll. What I'm looking for is a way for anyone to be able to vote, but only certain groups to be able to use the Show Poll Voters mod and see who voted for what.

Within the permissions, I only see options for:
Can create polls
Can vote in polls
Can change existing vote

What I'd like to have is something like "Can see who voted" in that list as well. Did I flub my installation and am I missing something or is there not an option for this?

Hope I'm making sense.
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

No I wasn't talking about that

The installer of this mod didn't add in permissions...there is supposed to be a permission for what group can see who voted

download the mod from here:
GCypher wrote:The install file is actualy is not updating and will not update the tables, thats why u cannot see in the ACP Permissions. So ive found the solution and works with updated install file and will add the table in DB was missing in the previous install file, first download here:
https://github.com/phpbb-saske/Advanced ... oll_Voters

Then just reupload only the file: install.php via FTP
E.g: http://www.yourforum/install.php

After run again the install.php and choose unnistall option, after run once again install.php and "voila" u will see the Permission option after in ACP :)
As i said was outdated and the author of the mod forgot to post that update here :)
That's what I did and the permission was added. The one in the first post doesn't add in the permission like it should
DaveWFrank

Post by DaveWFrank »

Interesting. I followed those instructions and it appeared to install properly. I flushed the cache and tested a new poll.
Still no change.
After checking permissions I noticed that there was no chance in what is listed under "Polls", but under "Misc" I now have:
Can ignore flood limit
Can post without approval
{ acl_f_poll_results }
Increment post counter
Please note that this setting only affects new posts
Can search the forum

I assume the bolded line (my bolding) is what I'm looking for, right? If it is set to "no" for a particular group, that group should not be able to see who voted for what, right? Problem is, they still can.
Suggestions?
nielsvo

Post by nielsvo »

DaveWFrank wrote:After checking permissions I noticed that there was no chance in what is listed under "Polls", but under "Misc" I now have:
Can ignore flood limit
Can post without approval
{ acl_f_poll_results }
Increment post counter
Please note that this setting only affects new posts
Can search the forum

I assume the bolded line (my bolding) is what I'm looking for, right? If it is set to "no" for a particular group, that group should not be able to see who voted for what, right? Problem is, they still can.
Suggestions?
The permission option "Can see who voted on each option" which is actually linked to this {acl_f_poll_results } should not be present under "Misc" but under "Polls". I have seen this before as well but I don't how I solved it to be honest. I did multiple un- & installs and it came under the right menu in the end.
Did you edit language/en/acp/permissions_phpbb.php correctly? As I am running my board in another language (Dutch) I had to copy & translate this file to language/nl/acp/permissions.phpbb.php as well. Not needed if you are running in English.
bastihgw

Post by bastihgw »

All participants are supposed to have participated in the survey are shown below, is this possible?

I mean, I just want to see who participated in the survey by the usern what he has been selected, I do not want

Bye Bastian
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

If I'm understanding you correctly, this is not what the mod does and I don't think such a feature is in the mod currently.
nielsvo

Post by nielsvo »

bastihgw wrote:All participants are supposed to have participated in the survey are shown below, is this possible?

I mean, I just want to see who participated in the survey by the usern what he has been selected, I do not want

Bye Bastian
I guess that should not be too difficult using this mod as a base as all information is basically captured in POLL_VOTES_TABLE and you just should combine the results of all different vote options in one string, but it's not provided standard in this mod. You will need to modify some code yourself.

BTW: still status RC (release candidate) for this mod? For me it is working (with some minor code changes which can be picked up from my posts here in this topic...)
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned due to a broken download and lack of activity from the author. If the MOD author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the MOD Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this mod, or any other mod that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Modifications Team
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”