[ABD] Delete self account 1.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Pico88
Name: Lukasz

Re: [RC] Delete self account 1.0.0

Post by Pico88 »

Kamahl19 wrote:
Pico88 wrote:Some suggestion:
1. Make some ACP options such as: on/off, admin can choose if user can delete account with post or without it.
2. Move delete function to UCP structure (to Profile Tab). :)
1. it is already done
2. now people can remove their account without login if they forgot username or password or somewho uses their email account to log on the forum
1. Ok, I have mislooked it.
2. Ok, but it also can work in 2 ways: in ACP new option - who can delete account - login user or anyone, than for login user there would be normal tab in UCP Delete account. :)

BTW, the best option would be to make one mod for deactive and delete account for users :D
Please do not PM me for support.
Kamahl19
Name: Martin

Post by Kamahl19 »

Pico88 wrote:
Kamahl19 wrote:
Pico88 wrote:Some suggestion:
1. Make some ACP options such as: on/off, admin can choose if user can delete account with post or without it.
2. Move delete function to UCP structure (to Profile Tab). :)
1. it is already done
2. now people can remove their account without login if they forgot username or password or somewho uses their email account to log on the forum
1. Ok, I have mislooked it.
2. Ok, but it also can work in 2 ways: in ACP new option - who can delete account - login user or anyone, than for login user there would be normal tab in UCP Delete account. :)

BTW, the best option would be to make one mod for deactive and delete account for users :D
So you think I should make only ONE MOD and options to delete/deactivate or to make 2 different MODs?

Well the idea about ACP option who can delete account registered / registered&guests is pretty good. I will think about is
Pico88
Name: Lukasz

Post by Pico88 »

In my view, one mod with two functions :) That will save time - you have to only install in one, not two seperate mods :D

You are the author, so you make a choise - one or two or maybe three :D (seperated and combined versions).
Please do not PM me for support.
L33t_Of_Lag

Post by L33t_Of_Lag »

Kamahl19 wrote:So you think I should make only ONE MOD and options to delete/deactivate or to make 2 different MODs?
As Pico88 said, you are the author so it is totally up to you. But yes, i think it is a better option than 2 seperate mods. Gives people choice. The reason i want deactivate is, i want it to be like a 'facebook' scenario. A user can login and deactivate their own account. So if they wish to come back at a later date, their account is ready to go.

Once all that is set in place, i will allow 12 months of an account being deactivated before i delete it.

Cheers. :) Great idea of a mod in any case :)

EDIT: I just found a user self deactivate mod currently being worked on, so you may not need to do it. But would be nice to have both in one hit. Found here, http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2137949
tumba25
Former Team Member
Name: Jari Kanerva

Post by tumba25 »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the mod author has not been active recently. If the MOD author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the MOD Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this mod, or any other mod that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Modifications Team
Need a mod/extension created/installed, other custom-coded solution or a server admin? https://tumba25.net

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”