[ABD] Google Plus One +1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

[ABD] Google Plus One +1

Post by Meis2M » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:49 am

Modification Name: Google Plus One +1
Author: meis2m

Modification Description: +1 buttons let people who love your content recommend it on Google search

Modification Version: 1.0.0

phpBB version:
3.0.8 & 3.0.9

Screenshot:
prosilver:
http://pic.zohall.net/images/y1iqag5usvyf82intddq.png

subsilver2:
http://pic.zohall.net/images/3l0h5y2aj5alqg1pqzrq.png

in google search:
http://www.google.com/+1/button/images/ ... s-ones.png

Demo URL: * warez link removed *

Google profile for demo:
https://profiles.google.com/meis6m/plusones

YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RyY2-of ... r_embedded

Author notes:
we active this button just in first post. it is not necessary show this button for all post because just topics submit in your plusone of google profile.

Modification Download: * warez link removed *
Last edited by Paul on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:30 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: http://www.phpbb.com/rules/#rule1e
phpBB persian international support
Ultimate SEO Friendly URL - Extension
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM

Meis2M
Translator

Re: [beta] Google Plus One +1

Post by Meis2M » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:50 am

answer some question:

The +1 button and search results

How does +1 affect search results?
+1 helps people discover relevant content—a website, a Google search result, or an ad—from the people they already know and trust. Adding the +1 button to your pages lets users recommend your content, knowing that their friends and contacts will see their recommendation when it’s most relevant—in the context of Google search results.
When a signed-in Google user is searching, your Google search result snippet may be annotated with the names of the user's connections who've +1'd your page. If none of a user's connections has +1'd your page, your snippet may display the aggregate number of +1's your page has received.

Does +1 affect my site’s performance in search?
Content recommended by friends and acquaintances is often more relevant than content from strangers. For example, a movie review from an expert is useful, but a movie review from a friend who shares your tastes can be even better. Because of this, +1’s from friends and contacts can be a useful signal to Google when determining the relevance of your page to a user’s query. This is just one of many signals Google may use to determine a page’s relevance and ranking, and we’re constantly tweaking and improving our algorithm to improve overall search quality. For +1's, as with any new ranking signal, we'll be starting carefully and learning how those signals affect search quality.

How will the +1 button affect my traffic?
Personalized annotations next to your page in search results may increase your site’s visibility and make your site’s snippet more compelling, which may in turn increase the odds that users will click through to your page.

Will +1’s from my site show up in search results?
If a user +1’s a URL on your site, the Google search result snippet for that URL may be annotated in search results and search ads.

However, your site may make the same content available via different URLs. For example, your site may have several pages listing the same set of products. One page might display products sorted in alphabetical order, while other pages display the same products listed by price or by rating. For example:

http://www.example.com/product.php?item ... sort=alpha
http://www.example.com/product.php?item ... sort=price

If Google knows that these pages have the same content, we may index only one version for our search results. As a result, +1's for the other versions may not appear in search results.

You can make sure Google displays +1 annotations for the most search results possible by adding the rel="canonical" property to the non-preferred versions of each page. This property should point to the canonical version, like this:

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.example.com/product.php?item ... sort=alpha">

This tells Google: "Of all these pages with identical content, this page is the most useful. Please prioritize it in search results."

Now, when a user +1’s a page with a non-canonical URL, Google will associate that +1 with the canonical, preferred version.

How does the +1 button affect my ads?
The +1 button itself will appear next to your headline on search ads. Personalized annotations will appear beneath your Display URL. For example, Maria +1's a page selling a neat laptop holder on a website. When a search ad with that same URL appears, her friend Sam might see the ad with the note "Maria and 28 other people +1'd this."

Who sees +1?

Who can see the +1 button in Google Search?
The +1 button shows up for signed-in users of Google.com, in English, using a modern browser.

Who can see annotations from +1 buttons?
Everybody can see aggregate annotations. Signed-in users also see personalized annotations from:

* People in their Gmail (or Google Talk) chat list.
* People in their My Contacts group in Google Contacts.
* People they're following in Google Reader and Google Buzz.

Will users on mobile browsers see the +1 button?
We are not including the +1 button on mobile search results at this time. However, users may be able to see any +1 buttons you have added to your web pages.

Are +1's public?
Yes, Google may show personalized annotations to any signed-in user who has a social connection to a +1. However, any Google user can choose whether or not to display their +1's on their Google profile.

Thank U MeisaM
Follow us in Instagram

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:09 am

heres a question... why are you making a mod for something that doesnt need to be made a mod. you simply add the head code and the body code to where you want it and it automatically recognizes individual pages...

so the point of this being a mod in development is?
You ride with an outlaw, You die with an outlaw

Meis2M
Translator

Post by Meis2M » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:25 am

sleevedbiker wrote:heres a question... why are you making a mod for something that doesnt need to be made a mod. you simply add the head code and the body code to where you want it and it automatically recognizes individual pages...

so the point of this being a mod in development is?
This mod is made for people who are very beginner and like to add google plus one in their boards.
i see there isnt any mod or a way to add this tools in phpBB forums so i decided to help peoples.
Almost all content management systems have a Google Plus One plugin.

and anyone who does not force you to use this mod.

This is a slogan:
Today is our turn to help others
Follow us in Instagram

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:40 am

not true... there are quite a few "content management" teams that dotnt have a plugin for this. and the ones that do have it is because they use a hook system...

If you can upload content to a server, then i am sure you are capable of going to overall_header pasting 1 line of code in the head. then pasting one line of code in the body and clicking save.

Also, why would the +1 be in the post, as its based off the url/topic?

Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:07 am

sleevedbiker wrote:not true... there are quite a few "content management" teams that dotnt have a plugin for this. and the ones that do have it is because they use a hook system...

If you can upload content to a server, then i am sure you are capable of going to overall_header pasting 1 line of code in the head. then pasting one line of code in the body and clicking save.
You can say that for 80% of the mods on this forum.

Thanks for the mod, looks good. :)

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:58 pm

Mess wrote:
sleevedbiker wrote:not true... there are quite a few "content management" teams that dotnt have a plugin for this. and the ones that do have it is because they use a hook system...

You can say that for 80% of the mods on this forum.

Thanks for the mod, looks good. :)
no, the majority of mods I can make sense of having in one way or another. However if its googles +1 or twitters tweet button, those would be the only two completely pointless mods unless the forum code uses a hook system which phpBB doesn't. And its even more pointless to have the +1 icon in the post section of the forum.

_Al

Post by _Al » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Google -1
Facebook -1
Twiiter -1
Sweetas +1
Last edited by _Al on Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

sleevedbiker

Post by sleevedbiker » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:22 am

says the person who has login with facebook & register with facebook on their site.
so is that -2 for you? lol

also, according to the mod download its Google Plus One +1 so google = +2 lol

boy_ofpersia
Name: Arman Pasayandeh

Post by boy_ofpersia » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:06 am

It looks useful MOD. Thanks bro, just keep on a way... ;)

P.S: subscribed
"We tie knots & bind up words in double meanings, and then try to untie them"
--Seneca

Drakken

Post by Drakken » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Looking forward to this, subscribed +1

drake ShinRa

Post by drake ShinRa » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:39 pm

just what i really want for!!
+1 for this MOD :)
looking forward for the stable release for 3.0.9
need new style

4_seven
I've Been Banned!

Post by 4_seven » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Current Mods | Mod Base | php(BB) programming | No help via PM

Meis2M
Translator

Post by Meis2M » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:17 pm

its working on 3.0.9. its just a small edition.
Follow us in Instagram

digitaltoast

Post by digitaltoast » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:44 pm

sleevedbiker wrote:Also, why would the +1 be in the post, as its based off the url/topic?
Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing - all the +1 mods/contribs seem to have the same problem. They all seems to +1 the TOPIC, rather than the actual post, which is what is actually needed.

I was thinking some jquery could be added to look for the nearest topic link to where "this" is. In other words, it would +1 http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p13022175 rather than http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2131669

Before I start hacking away and making an appalling mess, has anyone else done/tried this yet?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”