[ABD] User Reputation MOD 0.3.5

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Marcus Vinicius

Re: [BETA] User Reputation MOD 0.3.2

Post by _Vinny_ » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:49 pm

Adrian1 wrote:The fist one will be fixed in the next version, i will change the data type for it.
About the second one - try this one and see if this will fix the problem, if not i need more information to track this eventual bug.
I have not downloaded your version, but how to upgrade without loosing any data?

Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:05 pm

_Vinny_ wrote:
Adrian1 wrote:The fist one will be fixed in the next version, i will change the data type for it.
About the second one - try this one and see if this will fix the problem, if not i need more information to track this eventual bug.
I have not downloaded your version, but how to upgrade without loosing any data?
You will not lose any data. In the contrib folder you will have the upgrade instructions from v.0.3.1
Also if you already have this mod installed when you will run the installer you will have the update option, but for avoid any problems i recommend to back up the database first.
RPG MOD for phpbb3

_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

Post by _Vinny_ » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:39 pm

Adrian1 wrote:You will not lose any data. In the contrib folder you will have the upgrade instructions from v.0.3.1
Also if you already have this mod installed when you will run the installer you will have the update option, but for avoid any problems i recommend to back up the database first.
I tried the installation on a newly installed phpBB3, I had the same error:
VOLKERMORD wrote:After i install this mod i have this error :

User reputation points
PHP Version: 5.3.5
DBMS: MySQL(i) 5.5.8
phpBB3 Version: 3.0.9

Adding new config variable: rp_ban_value
ERROR: Config variable rp_ban_value already exists.
Tip: Add the file to install(db_install.php) on the install.xml as PHP Installer and not as DIY Instructions ;)

Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:53 pm

It should work now, redownload the mod.
( i have added by mistae the same row for 2 times :oops: )
Anywhay the error you have received should not affect the update, but you will need to enter a right value on the ACP Settings.
RPG MOD for phpbb3

dmbthestoned

Post by dmbthestoned » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:22 am

Hello. Thankyou for your work on this mod. I installed it without a problem. It worked great with the ProSilver stlyle. However I was unable to get it to work with the SubSilver2. Is it possible to have this mod work with the SubSilver2 style? Thankyou.

_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

Post by _Vinny_ » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:15 am

_Vinny_ wrote:
  • After a time, the mod has stopped working, only marked as neutral, never negative or positive, I do not know why this error happened, but I hope that is solved if found.
It doesn't work.
I tried again and doesn't count the good/bad reputation, just neutral.
http://i55.tinypic.com/4vib6u.png

Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:08 am

_Vinny_ wrote:
_Vinny_ wrote:
  • After a time, the mod has stopped working, only marked as neutral, never negative or positive, I do not know why this error happened, but I hope that is solved if found.
It doesn't work.
I have not see this problem myself and no one else reported so i can't find where the problem exactly is without have a option to reproduce it. If you can reproduce it in a new fresh phpBB installation than let me know.
P.S: Have you try to unistall the old version and reisstall it from the begining?
dmbthestoned wrote:Hello. Thankyou for your work on this mod. I installed it without a problem. It worked great with the ProSilver stlyle. However I was unable to get it to work with the SubSilver2. Is it possible to have this mod work with the SubSilver2 style? Thankyou.
I will re-add subsilver2 into the next version, wich will be released in a few days.
RPG MOD for phpbb3

victory1

Post by victory1 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:22 am

_Vinny_ wrote:
_Vinny_ wrote:
It doesn't work.
Could it be the way you set-it up in ACP? It's neutral if you don't have enough reputation power. I just gave my Global Mod a rep and it was green. Try this set-up in the link below and see if it work. The person giving the rep has to have at least 50 posts, so if they don't, adjust it.

http://i.imgur.com/IL7Qu.png

_Vinny_
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

Post by _Vinny_ » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:11 pm

Adrian1 wrote:I have not see this problem myself and no one else reported so i can't find where the problem exactly is without have a option to reproduce it. If you can reproduce it in a new fresh phpBB installation than let me know.
P.S: Have you try to unistall the old version and reisstall it from the begining?
I'll try again.
I tested your version, have not updated from the previous version.
victory1 wrote:Could it be the way you set-it up in ACP? It's neutral if you don't have enough reputation power. I just gave my Global Mod a rep and it was green. Try this set-up in the link below and see if it work. The person giving the rep has to have at least 50 posts, so if they don't, adjust it.
The configuration is the default, I tried to like your and does not work.

Adrian1

Post by Adrian1 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:42 am

victory1, the ACP screenshot is from version 0.3.1 ?

Is anyone else have the bug reported by _Vinny_ ?
RPG MOD for phpbb3

Andaho

Post by Andaho » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:16 pm

EXCELLENT!!!! This was just what I was looking for :D

I tried ot install KARMA MOD but failed miserably: http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/k ... 9_-t_93898

So I hope this goes smoother, even if it is a beta :D

Andaho

Post by Andaho » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:44 pm

Right, all installed ok and seems to work :)

But a few questions:

1) How do I rename the "Reputation Point:" text? - I'd like to call it "Heroic Spirit" to go with the theme of the game the forum is based on. I was able to change the "Posts" text on my forum in the language file to display "Soul Points" instead of "Posts". (thank you for that here)

2) Can I disable negative points but instead return a message saying "Negative points not allowed. My sweet little grandmother in all her wisdom taught me this: If you have nothing good to say, STFU!" whenever someone clicks minus.

3) Is the control panel supposed to look like this? http://gyazo.com/2bfad167803923e5bb2049ab4ba29fb9.png or is it supposed to have something about Rep points there?

4) Can users disable points if they don't want them?

5) Can the numbers here http://gyazo.com/b51efdaec240c51f85abb2d75c6683a1.png be clickable opening the reputation page?

Fonefixer

Post by Fonefixer » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:25 am

Rep Points not increasing :|

I had to reinstall my board completely due to a bad host emloyee wiping all my stuff. I installed this mod ok (no errors) and can give people points from the acp but the buttons on posts are not increasing points (i get a message saying they are increased) but nothing changes.

If I have both the text and blocks dispayed I presume the text one should increase by one or more even if the blocks dont when a point is given?

I am using the default acp settings but have lowered the points-giving threshold.

Any ideas please?

victory1

Post by victory1 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:06 am

Adrian1 wrote:victory1, the ACP screenshot is from version 0.3.1 ?

Is anyone else have the bug reported by _Vinny_ ?
I had it updated on my test board but not live board. I like to take a few weeks before I install any mod in Dev on Live board. Anyway, I saw that the only thing that was missing is the automatic ban. I have since updated my live board with no issues and everything is still working just like before and I'm not having the problem that Vinny is having so far. :)

Adrian1

Re: [BETA] User Reputation MOD 0.3.3

Post by Adrian1 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:30 am

To all that was having the problem with the reputation not added - it was caused by a setting to hight and in some circustance (if you set to 0 it will not calculate the right rep power).

Note: You will have to lower minimum posts required before having reputation power as per your requirements.

Download to the new version: http://www.phpbbmods.org/viewtopic.php? ... p=102#p102
RPG MOD for phpbb3

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”