[ABD] mChat Bot

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Tarantino

Re: [RC] mChat Bot

Post by Tarantino » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:25 pm

SOLVED! :D

It was very easy. on includes/functions.php

FIND:

Code: Select all

if (!empty($mchat_bot_randtxt[$config_mchat['bot_welcome_id']]))
REPLACE:

if (!empty($mchat_bot_randtxt[$config_mchat['bot_welcome_id']]) && $user->data['user_lastvisit'] == 0 && $user->data['user_new_privmsg'] == 0 && $user->data['user_last_privmsg'] == 0)

puabase-2

Post by puabase-2 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:31 am

very nice

VOLKERMORD

Post by VOLKERMORD » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:47 pm

Tarantino wrote:SOLVED! :D

It was very easy. on includes/functions.php

FIND:

if (!empty($mchat_bot_randtxt[$config_mchat['bot_welcome_id']]))
REPLACE:

if (!empty($mchat_bot_randtxt[$config_mchat['bot_welcome_id']]) && $user->data['user_lastvisit'] == 0 && $user->data['user_new_privmsg'] == 0 && $user->data['user_last_privmsg'] == 0)
Thx ;)
Har tios tintoninos insus tiko is dakon kand sia til kogaion ilmaton hlioylo pleiste naktoilo

mladiucitelj

Post by mladiucitelj » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:33 pm

I really don't know how to fix or setup mchat bot, to show post replies too (not only new threads!).

I've read this topis, but don't know what's the solution. I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.
Don't forget to clear cache, refresh template, theme and imageset, double check all files :)

My mod: [MODDB] Menu System

Candyman7080

Post by Candyman7080 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:28 am

This MOD is one of the best i have seen. Big respect to its creator and many thanks.

A few things i have found that i will share here for others to have a play with if they so wish.

On my board i have have set the bot so he can answer any question and even play games.
To answer any question you can set the bots name as a prompt followed by key words such as do, where, how, can... etc Then set a random answer table to each response.
For example on my chat: robo do followed by the members 'do' question will trigger a random response from the 'do' category and so on...

If you have mchat set so you can click the [x] to reply to a users name the chatbot will not respond. This is because it sees the [color=...etc] bits of code from the onclick insert text. Here is a snip of code so just your bot has the name you set users to prompt questions with.

In mchat_body.html find:

<!-- IF not MCHAT_ARCHIVE_MODE and MCHAT_ADD_MESSAGE -->
Add after:

<!-- IF mchatrow.MCHAT_USERNAME eq "RoboRaver" -->
<a href="javascript://" class="mChatScriptLink" onclick="insert_text('robo ', false);" title="Respond to this user"><strong>[x]</strong></a>
<!-- ELSE -->
EDIT "RoboRaver" to your bots name. EDIT insert_text('robo ' to what you set your name prompt too, mine here of course is robo.

Find the line that contains:

{mchatrow.MCHAT_USERNAME_FULL}
Add on a line before:

<!-- ENDIF -->
What this does is just change your chat bots [x] to a simple text insert that with trigger your random response settings if a users clicks the bot [x] to respond.

You can also get him to play games. For example: 'robo game' will trigger the response: Ok... Let's play a game. Rock, Scissors, Paper. (reply with: robo and then your choice). Then set a category with the 3 responses (Rock, Scissors, paper) for random answer, then set all 3 text prompts: robo rock, robo scissors, robo paper and set all 3 to the same category containing the 3 random answers.
When a member types: 'robo rock' chat bot will reply with a random answer like 'paper' and so on.
The same thing can be done to guess a number between 1 and 10 or even flip a coin head or tails.

You can test my chat bot out (RoboRaver) on http://www.raversparadise.co.uk
login username: seerobo
login password: seerobo

Just some food for thought for anyone that uses this awesome MOD. :)

_Al

Post by _Al » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Candyman7080 wrote:This MOD is one of the best i have seen. Big respect to its creator and many thanks.

A few things i have found that i will share here for others to have a play with if they so wish.

On my board i have have set the bot so he can answer any question and even play games.
To answer any question you can set the bots name as a prompt followed by key words such as do, where, how, can... etc Then set a random answer table to each response.
For example on my chat: robo do followed by the members 'do' question will trigger a random response from the 'do' category and so on...

If you have mchat set so you can click the [x] to reply to a users name the chatbot will not respond. This is because it sees the [color=...etc] bits of code from the onclick insert text. Here is a snip of code so just your bot has the name you set users to prompt questions with.

In mchat_body.html find:

<!-- IF not MCHAT_ARCHIVE_MODE and MCHAT_ADD_MESSAGE -->
Add after:

<!-- IF mchatrow.MCHAT_USERNAME eq "RoboRaver" -->
<a href="javascript://" class="mChatScriptLink" onclick="insert_text('robo ', false);" title="Respond to this user"><strong>[x]</strong></a>
<!-- ELSE -->
EDIT "RoboRaver" to your bots name. EDIT insert_text('robo ' to what you set your name prompt too, mine here of course is robo.

Find the line that contains:

{mchatrow.MCHAT_USERNAME_FULL}
Add on a line before:

<!-- ENDIF -->
What this does is just change your chat bots [x] to a simple text insert that with trigger your random response settings if a users clicks the bot [x] to respond.

You can also get him to play games. For example: 'robo game' will trigger the response: Ok... Let's play a game. Rock, Scissors, Paper. (reply with: robo and then your choice). Then set a category with the 3 responses (Rock, Scissors, paper) for random answer, then set all 3 text prompts: robo rock, robo scissors, robo paper and set all 3 to the same category containing the 3 random answers.
When a member types: 'robo rock' chat bot will reply with a random answer like 'paper' and so on.
The same thing can be done to guess a number between 1 and 10 or even flip a coin head or tails.

You can test my chat bot out (RoboRaver) on http://www.raversparadise.co.uk
login username: seerobo
login password: seerobo

Just some food for thought for anyone that uses this awesome MOD. :)
With same more coding, this could even be used as a trivia bot.

mladiucitelj

Post by mladiucitelj » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:47 pm

mladiucitelj wrote:I really don't know how to fix or setup mchat bot, to show post replies too (not only new threads!).

I've read this topis, but don't know what's the solution. I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.
Guess no one can help... :(
Don't forget to clear cache, refresh template, theme and imageset, double check all files :)

Pico88
Name: Lukasz

Post by Pico88 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:49 pm

mladiucitelj wrote:Guess no one can help... :(
That isn't part of mChat Bot :!: Read phpbb mchat tread.
Please do not PM me for support.

mladiucitelj

Post by mladiucitelj » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Pico88 wrote:
mladiucitelj wrote:Guess no one can help... :(
That isn't part of mChat Bot :!: Read phpbb mchat tread.
Ah, I wrote to wrong forum. I already ask for support there (but still nothing!). Sorry...

cool1510

Post by cool1510 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:22 am

hello, it is possible that the robot connections announce even members who check the "stay connected"
sorry for my bad english I'm French

martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:09 pm

Ant idea why the bot double posts only when giving out a warning ?

Its fine any other time no double posting at all

I'v read the 10 pages here and there is no mention of double posting for warnings only.

<!-- IF S_CODE_UNTIDY and S_MESS_ON_INDEX Good If_Not_TIDY_Then_SUBMIT -->

martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Thats me fixed no double warn posts.

Leinad4Mind
Translator

Post by Leinad4Mind » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:36 pm

I found a leak on this MOD, it's possible to any user be the Bot. In other words, any user could write a message as the Bot. ^^'
Want to access all my portuguese MOD and Extension translations?
Become my Patreon!
phpBB Portugal Translator and Moderator

martin123456
I've Been Banned!

Post by martin123456 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:16 am

No as you need to set the bot id ;) mine is 169

Leinad4Mind
Translator

Post by Leinad4Mind » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:49 am

Mine is 140... but the leak exist lool it's what we can call javascript injection.
Want to access all my portuguese MOD and Extension translations?
Become my Patreon!
phpBB Portugal Translator and Moderator

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”