Author: Elric Pedder
Modification Description:A Mail Gateway that can be used primarily to connect forums with mailing lists.
Features: Feature List.
- Collect mail by drop-path or POP3
- Convert plain-text to BBCode. Handles simple formatting, links, quotes and code blocks and can strip out text from complex MIME messages.
- Convert BBCode to plain-text
- Optionally create new users based on e-mail address matching (random passwords assigned)
- Handles threading/topic assignment based on message-id and References: header field
Modification Download:http://community.mailtraq.com/mail-gateway-0-0-3.zip or visit This page
I know a similar module exists: Mail2forum but it appears abandoned and I needed to get this working quite quickly.
Tips for configuring the cron job on Windows
- Remove list identifiers in brackets in the subject line
- Added support for HTML messages
- Changed Unicode handling to support more character sets
- Added support for Subject based threading
- Improved Locale handling and conversion to UTF-8
- Six hyphens now also denote start of excluded text to clean top-quoting
- Fixed bug in identifying base64 encoded message bodies
- Initial release