This mod aims to take the most popular features of social networking and integrate them seamlessly with your phpBB forum. This mod will not make your forum a clone of twitter or facebook. Instead, it aims to enrich your forum experience with additional functionality, whilst maintaining the forum experience.
This mod will integrate itself with your forum's current style as closely as possible. One of the major aims of this mod, is that those users who do not wish to deviate from the core phpBB functionality will barely notice that the mod is installed at all. At the same time, those users who do wish to utilise the enhanced features that this mod will provide, will be able to do so with ease and fun.
Modification Version: 0.0.3-dev
This is development software. It should only be installed in a test environment. Please do not install this mod in a live environment, and then come back here and tell me your site is not functional!
This mod can be fully tested on the demo site (details in this post), without the need to install on your forum.
Requirements: phpBB 3.0.9
- See all your friends posts in a timeline (only "followed" friends show in timeline)
- Timeline supports bbcode, similies and attachments.
- Followers page in friends.php
- Following page in friends.php
- Receive automatic topic watch for all new topics created by friends
- Receive automatic topic watch for all posted replies to topics by friends
- Configure notification settings on an individual basis via friend's profile pages
- Configure default notification settings via friends section of UCP
- Mention friends in your posts (they will receive PM notification)
- @mentions page in friends.php
Please feel free to make feature suggestions.
- Follow/Unfollow friends directly from posts
** Currently Unavailable **
- As with all mods, you should back up your database before installing this mod
Demo: phpBB Modding Demo Board
To test the mod, it would be easier to register an account and friend and follow "test user". You can then use the test zones to test the notification facilities etc.
User: Test User