[ABD] Fantasy Sports for phpBB3

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Beau76

Re: [DEV] Fantasy Sports for phpBB3

Post by Beau76 »

dcors wrote:I had the same problem and deleted the tables and reinstalled the tables with the sql file. The only problem I have now is that the sp_config are not saving.
Think I'm having the same issue. Followed what you did by deleting the tables and reinstalling them with the sql file. Now when I create a League through the Configuration, it doesn't appear to save.
Beau76

Post by Beau76 »

JSLayton wrote:
dcors wrote:I had the same problem and deleted the tables and reinstalled the tables with the sql file. The only problem I have now is that the sp_config are not saving.
Are you talking about under 'Sports Predictions -> Configuration' in the ACP?
Yes for me.
JSLayton

Post by JSLayton »

Does it give you the 'Configuration was updated successfully' message after clicking submit?
Beau76

Post by Beau76 »

Yes
JSLayton

Post by JSLayton »

But then when the page refreshes, it just still has the same information, correct?
Beau76

Post by Beau76 »

Nothing is saved. It is as if you are starting afresh and have to create a new league. No default scoring configuration either.
JSLayton

Post by JSLayton »

OK, I found the issue. Either re-download and re-install or just run this through phpMyAdmin and it should resolve your problem.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_sp_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`) VALUES ('league_name', 'Default League');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_sp_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`) VALUES ('leaderboard_limit', '10');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_sp_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`) VALUES ('upcoming_games_limit', '5');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_sp_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`) VALUES ('exact_prediction_points', '5');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_sp_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`) VALUES ('correct_prediction_points', '1');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_sp_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`) VALUES ('incorrect_prediction_points', '1');
Beau76

Post by Beau76 »

Yay success. League and games now being added and saved.

Is there an easy way to change the Away team and Home team around to be viewed as Home vs Away. Home score / Away score etc
JSLayton

Post by JSLayton »

Beau76 wrote:Yay success. League and games now being added and saved.

Is there an easy way to change the Away team and Home team around to be viewed as Home vs Away. Home score / Away score etc
It would be done in the template files. With my 'pro' version of the phpBB2 mod, I included alternate templates that did that. It's pretty simple.
Beau76

Post by Beau76 »

JSLayton wrote:
Beau76 wrote:Yay success. League and games now being added and saved.

It would be done in the template files. With my 'pro' version of the phpBB2 mod, I included alternate templates that did that. It's pretty simple.
OK cheers. Will have a look at the template files.

Just wondering, is the 'pro' version for phpBB3 far away?
JSLayton

Post by JSLayton »

It's hard to say because I could have time this week to work on it, but end up having no time for 2-3 weeks to work on it. I would assume maybe two to three months, but that's not a promise, only a guess.
dcors

Post by dcors »

JSLayton wrote:
Are you talking about under 'Sports Predictions -> Configuration' in the ACP?
yes. Prior to me deleting the sql tables, it defaulted in the configuration area. I tried inputting the information in the apc and it will not save.
JSLayton

Post by JSLayton »

JSLayton wrote:OK, I found the issue. Either re-download and re-install or just run this through phpMyAdmin and it should resolve your problem.

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `phpbb_sp_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`) VALUES ('league_name', 'Default League');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_sp_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`) VALUES ('leaderboard_limit', '10');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_sp_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`) VALUES ('upcoming_games_limit', '5');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_sp_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`) VALUES ('exact_prediction_points', '5');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_sp_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`) VALUES ('correct_prediction_points', '1');
INSERT INTO `phpbb_sp_config` (`config_name`, `config_value`) VALUES ('incorrect_prediction_points', '1');
dcors

Post by dcors »

Sorry JSLayton, I did not see your previous post about this. Yes, that fixed my issues. Thanks so very much.
Beau76

Post by Beau76 »

JSLayton wrote:It's hard to say because I could have time this week to work on it, but end up having no time for 2-3 weeks to work on it. I would assume maybe two to three months, but that's not a promise, only a guess.
Oh ok. Please excuse my ignorance, I've no idea how complex the following request is but here goes anyway, is there any chance that you could make the current version allow multiple leagues in the interim?

BTW, I worked out how to change the Away vs Home to Home vs Away. Required a lot of edits but go there in the end. Cheers for tip on where to start. 8-)

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”