[ABD] Reputation System

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
twprogrammers

Re: [RC] Reputation System

Post by twprogrammers »

I have an Idea for you. On the top list, add a user exclude list. I don't want myself to show on the top list.
themarino

Post by themarino »

I would like to incorporate this mod but I ran into a snag. I tried to install using automod but this failed with an error (this is the only amendment that was noted with an error)

The error occurred when automod tried to amend the acp_styles.php, specifically trying to inline find "button_topic_new" and "button_topic_replace"
Error returned of "the inline find specifiec by the MOD could not be found"

I forced an installation (just for the giggles) and everything seemed to actually be working properly. Except, when I try to view any post I get an error not found warning. Needless, I uninstalled and everything is back to normal again. I would however like to use the reputation system if possible.

I have other mods installed including portal, advanced block, user notes, nv newspage, infobox advanced, share on and colorized links. Is it possible that one of these is causing a problem? Am I doing something else wrong?

Sorry if I haven't been very technical in my descriptions, I'm a newbie at all of this and have a lot to learn.
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

themarino wrote:I would like to incorporate this mod but I ran into a snag. I tried to install using automod but this failed with an error (this is the only amendment that was noted with an error)

The error occurred when automod tried to amend the acp_styles.php, specifically trying to inline find "button_topic_new" and "button_topic_replace"

I forced an installation (just for the giggles) and everything seemed to actually be working properly. Except, when I try to view any post I get an error not found warning. Needless, I uninstalled and everything is back to normal again. I would however like to use the reputation system if possible.

I have other mods installed including portal, advanced block, user notes, nv newspage, infobox advanced, share on and colorized links. Is it possible that one of these is causing a problem? Am I doing something else wrong?

Sorry if I haven't been very technical in my descriptions, I'm a newbie at all of this and have a lot to learn.
That error you got can be fixed. You just have to add it in manually, because that inline find was probably already edited by another mod
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
themarino

Post by themarino »

Jessica wrote:
themarino wrote:I would like to incorporate this mod but I ran into a snag. I tried to install using automod but this failed with an error (this is the only amendment that was noted with an error)

That error you got can be fixed. You just have to add it in manually, because that inline find was probably already edited by another mod

I did wonder about that, do you have an idea where I can find the exact form of the line? (is it the same as the "find" instructions?
Thanks!
themarino

Post by themarino »

Now I'm really confused, I checked the acp.styles.php file and searched manually for the inline found - I found it, exactly as shown in the "find" instruction listed as failed with automod.
Any suggestions as to what I can do now?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

themarino wrote:Now I'm really confused, I checked the acp.styles.php file and searched manually for the inline found - I found it, exactly as shown in the "find" instruction listed as failed with automod.

add in the mod edit manually
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
themarino

Post by themarino »

Jessica wrote:
themarino wrote:Now I'm really confused, I checked the acp.styles.php file and searched manually for the inline found - I found it, exactly as shown in the "find" instruction listed as failed with automod.

add in the mod edit manually

If only it were that simple - I can't see what the mod edit should actually be or I would have done it :cry:
Ah well, I'll have another look, thanks for your help
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

It should be:

Find:

Code: Select all

'icon_back_top', 'icon_contact_aim', 'icon_contact_email', 'icon_contact_icq', 'icon_contact_jabber', 'icon_contact_msnm', 'icon_contact_pm', 'icon_contact_yahoo', 'icon_contact_www', 'icon_post_delete', 'icon_post_edit', 'icon_post_info', 'icon_post_quote', 'icon_post_report', 'icon_user_online', 'icon_user_offline', 'icon_user_profile', 'icon_user_search', 'icon_user_warn', 'button_pm_forward', 'button_pm_new', 'button_pm_reply', 'button_topic_locked', 'button_topic_new', 'button_topic_reply',
Inline find:

'button_topic_new', 'button_topic_reply',
Inline add after:

'icon_rate_good', 'icon_rate_bad',
themarino

Post by themarino »

Great, thanks for that, automod showed me where it was trying to edit but not what should be there, I'll give another try.
Thanks for your help.
themarino

Post by themarino »

Installed now without trouble - except that the buttons for rep are not showing. I see that this problem has come up before so I'll trawl through the 50 odd pages of posts and see if I can find the solution.

Thanks
themarino

Post by themarino »

So, sorry but I have to ask for some help again, I've looked through the various pages and I've checked my installation. Everything works apart from no buttons for rep are visible. I have checked permissions, checked that the rep system is properly activated, refreshed templates, themes and styles, cleared cache, made cups of tea etc but still can't find out what's wrong. Could someone point me at the correct part of the install.xml that would handle the activation of the buttons so that I can double check this?
For info, I'm using prosilver.

Thanks in advance for help
westonian

Post by westonian »

Hi everyone

I'm trying to implement this system in a JFusion Frameless Integration setup

The problem with a clean install of this MOD is that the javascript isn't activated when the rate buttons are clicked.

I edited jquery.reputation.js as follows:

$(document).ready(function() {

$("body").click(function(){

$("#reputation-popup").fadeOut('fast');

});

$("#reputation-popup").click(function(e){

e.stopPropagation();

});

});
edited to this:
(all "$" replaced with "jQuery" and "body" to "phpbb")

jQuery(document).ready(function() {

jQuery("phpbb").click(function(){

jQuery("#reputation-popup").fadeOut('fast');

});

jQuery("#reputation-popup").click(function(e){

e.stopPropagation();

});

});
My problem now is that clickin on the rate button sends the page to a blank screen. I think it all boils down to the javascript references being thrown around due to the phpbb installation existing within the JFusion frameless component.

Any suggestions?

Running the phpbb installation not through the JFusion Frameless component sees the Repuation System work, so maybe I should try and move the javascript into the JFusion or Joomla template code somehow?
Pico88
Name: Lukasz

Post by Pico88 »

That code is not responsible for button actions.
All actions are actived by functions in var jRS = { ... }.

That's all what I can do for you.
Please do not PM me for support.
neizvelebiliziran

Post by neizvelebiliziran »

thanks!
hi2guru

Post by hi2guru »

Hi Pico,
I am using your Rep system in my new forum under development.
I have a small question.
When user1 wants to give reputation to user2, does he always needs to go user reputation details?
or is there a possibility to assign reputation while seeing his post itself?

Kindly bear if the question is silly. I am newbie..

Regards,
Guru

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”