[ABD] Reputation System

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Lghtning4u
Name: Mike

Re: [RC] Reputation System

Post by Lghtning4u »

RaidersTalk wrote:I received this error after installing the MOD when I clicked a topic:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class reputation in /home/content/72/10025972/html/raiderstalk.com/includes/functions_reputation.php on line 20

I had backed up my forum before the install but now when I restore I still get that error. How do I fix it?
How did you install this mod?

How did you do the backup?
RaidersTalk

Post by RaidersTalk »

Lghtning4u wrote:
RaidersTalk wrote:I received this error after installing the MOD when I clicked a topic:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class reputation in /home/content/72/10025972/html/raiderstalk.com/includes/functions_reputation.php on line 20

I had backed up my forum before the install but now when I restore I still get that error. How do I fix it?
How did you install this mod?

How did you do the backup?
I used automod to install and backed up the forum under the maintenance tab > Database > Backup. When I restore it still has that error. Can I download pbpBB 3.0.11 again and just upload over the files or will that make it worse? Please let me know. Thanks.
Pico88
Name: Lukasz

Post by Pico88 »

You have to uninstall it via Automod.
Please do not PM me for support.
RaidersTalk

Post by RaidersTalk »

Pico88 wrote:You have to uninstall it via Automod.

Automod failed and I forced it to install. It does not show up in automod as installed.
RaidersTalk

Post by RaidersTalk »

RaidersTalk wrote:
Pico88 wrote:You have to uninstall it via Automod.

Automod failed and I forced it to install. It does not show up in automod as installed.
I have tried installing the mod multiple times. What files should I replace on the server to get it to act like a clean or first time mod install again? There are no other mods installed. I really want to use this mod but it's been a pain getting it to work. Any help is appreciated.
RaidersTalk

Post by RaidersTalk »

How can I move the Reputation System copyright up on the same line as 'Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group'? Please let me know. Thanks.
Lavarinth

Post by Lavarinth »

Phew.. After reading 58 pages, I can now ask my question.

Pico, currently you have the ability to rate a user after having to click on his Reputation value, then selecting "more details" in the pop up, then selecting "Rate User", after which you can determine what you would like to rate the user.

Is it possible to setup the same ability of rating a user to appear on the same line as the Reputation? Such as: "Reputation: 1 [ Rate User ]"

I attempted this myself by doing the following:

in viewtopic_body.html:

Code: Select all

<dd class="user-reputation">{L_REPUTATION}: <!-- IF postrow.S_VIEW_REPUTATION --><a href="#" onclick="jRS.userdetails('{postrow.POSTER_ID}', '{postrow.POST_ID}'); return false;"><!-- ENDIF --><strong>{postrow.U_REPUTATION}</strong><!-- IF postrow.S_VIEW_REPUTATION --></a><!-- ENDIF --></dd>
replace with:

<dd class="user-reputation">{L_REPUTATION}: <!-- IF postrow.S_VIEW_REPUTATION --><a href="#" onclick="jRS.userdetails('{postrow.POSTER_ID}', '{postrow.POST_ID}'); return false;"><!-- ENDIF --><strong>{postrow.U_REPUTATION}</strong><!-- IF postrow.S_VIEW_REPUTATION --></a><!-- ENDIF --> <!-- IF S_RATE_USER -->[ <a href="#" onclick="jRS.userrating('{postrow.POSTER_ID}', event)";>{L_RS_RATE_USER}</a> ]<!-- ENDIF --></dd>
This lead to the rating not showing, so for testing purposes I removed the IF statements for the rating, which resulted in the following:

<dd class="user-reputation">{L_REPUTATION}: <!-- IF postrow.S_VIEW_REPUTATION --><a href="#" onclick="jRS.userdetails('{postrow.POSTER_ID}', '{postrow.POST_ID}'); return false;"><!-- ENDIF --><strong>{postrow.U_REPUTATION}</strong><!-- IF postrow.S_VIEW_REPUTATION --></a><!-- ENDIF --> [ <a href="#" onclick="jRS.userrating('{postrow.POSTER_ID}', event)";>{L_RS_RATE_USER}</a> ]</dd>
This lead to the immediate issue of when clicking to rate, it'd jump back to the top of the page. To fix this, I modified the following:

<a href="#" onclick="jRS.userrating('{postrow.POSTER_ID}', event)"; return false;">
to

<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="jRS.userrating('{postrow.POSTER_ID}', event);">
This fixed the jump issue, and allowed me to rate users properly within a thread.

However, upon rating someone, the instant reaction was to apply the value to the profile's reputation, and then alter the HTML similar to the following:

<dd class="user-reputation"><strong>{postrow.U_REPUTATION}</strong></dd>
All the rest of the code vanished once applying the reputation (the page did not refresh, of course). On top of that, it replicated that action to all mini profiles on the page, and the {postrow.U_REPUTATION} was replicated to all users with the same value as the reputation of the user I applied a value to.

Example: Poster1 has 10 reputation, under "Reputation: 10 [ Rate User ]", and Poster2 and Poster3 have "Reputation: 2 [ Rate User ]". I apply +1, to Poster1, now all three posters display "11" only in the thread.

Once I refresh or change pages, this is fixed and the display goes back to normal with all mini profiles showing the proper values. I just find the event odd and can't figure out what is incorrect. I know this is more of a feature than a bug, but if you have the time to look into it, it'd be appreciated. I use the Reputation System primarily for user reputation than post reputation, which is why I'm interested in allowing a faster, simpler method of rating.

----------

Tip for users of this mod who want to allow a user to rate someone more than once a date, under "Voting Gap" you can apply decimal values, as "1" is 24 hours. A value of .0417 in Voting Gap will allow a user to rate a profile he has already rated an hour later, as an example.
- - Lavarinth
RaidersTalk

Post by RaidersTalk »

Is there any documentation on the features of this MOD? I am looking for something that explains what each setting does.
Lavarinth

Post by Lavarinth »

RaidersTalk wrote:Is there any documentation on the features of this MOD? I am looking for something that explains what each setting does.
It's pretty self explanatory if you take the time to read the settings.
- - Lavarinth
RaidersTalk

Post by RaidersTalk »

Lavarinth wrote:
RaidersTalk wrote:Is there any documentation on the features of this MOD? I am looking for something that explains what each setting does.
Does that mean there is no documentation on the settings?
Lavarinth

Post by Lavarinth »

RaidersTalk wrote:
Lavarinth wrote:
Does that mean there is no documentation on the settings?
I'm pretty sure almost every setting has subtext with what it does.
- - Lavarinth
RaidersTalk

Post by RaidersTalk »

When viewing my forum using my Android phone instead of thumbs up and down all I see is this:

{ RS_ADD_POINTS }
{ RS_SUBTRACT_POINTS }

And three dots. Is there any way to get this to work with Android devices?
Pico88

Post by Pico88 »

@Lavarinth, it is not possible to rate user from viewtopic page using current function. That requiere to rewrite rate user function or create new one (php + jquery).

@RaidersTalk, 1) All reputation options in ACP have the explanation, so there is no documentation.
2) It's possible to move copyright, but it should be below phpbb copyright. I will not tell you how to do it.
3) I checked your board from my gnex and it looked ok. If you still have that error, purge browser cache.
threeJ

Post by threeJ »

Hi! I recently added this MOD. All works fine, except the images dont show up in the post. I have refreshed the board cache as well as my browsers cache. Still no effect.

All i can relate is, i am using Art Helion Style.

The imageset.cfg doesnt contain img_icon_user_warn = icon_user_warn.gif*20*20 . 
When i checked the imageset.cfg from pro silver i found that

img_icon_rate_good = icon_rate_good.gif*20*20
img_icon_rate_bad = icon_rate_bad.gif*20*20 
should have been added in the end. So i added these two at the end of the helion style imageset.cfg .

One more thing. The popup menu that shows up when we click on the rep under user avatar is messed up. The texts are not properly aligned.

After i installed your MOD. This is the error i get while trying to view the memberlist.

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DESC LIMIT 25' at line 6 [1064]

SQL

SELECT u.user_id FROM phpPA_users u WHERE u.user_type IN (0, 3) ORDER BY DESC LIMIT 25

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 175
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 222
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 170
CALL: dbal_mysql->_sql_query_limit()

FILE: [ROOT]/memberlist.php
LINE: 1479
CALL: dbal->sql_query_limit()
I hav PMd you test user name and pass with Admin Permission.

Please help me out through this, I would be glad :)
Pico88

Post by Pico88 »

You have to edit all files from your style as ones in prosilver (in all folders: template, theme, imageset)
Also check if your style has rating icons - if not, you should see an error during installing RS.
Last edited by Pico88 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”