[ABD] Reputation System

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Locked
rahuljha088
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:10 pm
Location: India

Re: [RC] Reputation System

Post by rahuljha088 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:13 am

Hi I am facing an issue the reputation system works perfectly fine when i use prosilver theme. but i am not getting the like and and unlike images in prosilver_se.i understood where is the problem but could not resolve it. there is a page viewtopic_body.html where i am calling the like and unlike feature.
it is showing { RS_ADD_POINTS } { RS_SUBTRACT_POINTS }
Is there any conflict between prosilve_se files and reputation? please help

dunxy
Registered User
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:05 am
Contact:

Re: [RC] Reputation System

Post by dunxy » Wed May 08, 2013 2:53 am

Pico88 wrote:
Try to change user permissons - disable reputation details for non-admin users.
Thanks pico, that did the trick and i also had to disable the profile page option.

Still loving the mod and really appreciate the effort you have gone to to create it.

My users are complaining a bit though, they would like to be able to see who has rated them and for what, I understand why they want to see this, I know i can allow them access to this information by enabling the profile page, however that then would allow them to also see who is giving them negative rep and i fear there will be many petty "retaliation" votes.

Pretty sure there's no option in the ACP (ive looked long and hard) but could it be possible to hide the negative rep votes from the users profile page, maybe just make them show up so they know what thread/post of theirs has been negatively voted but show as a anon user or something?

I know can disable negative votes but that kind of defeats the purpose and removes what sets this mod apart from the other karma/thanks systems.

If anybody could help with this it would be fantastic, maybe its a feature you could build into the mod in a future build?

Krabsss
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Re: [RC] Reputation System

Post by Krabsss » Mon May 13, 2013 4:03 pm

is it possible to make showing reputation topic depends on rating first post.
Image
but instead of starts should be numbers (rating on forst post).
Also, when ppl will post much messages and get much rating on their post, they will have big rating number (may be 1000, 100000). It's not rly good. And i don't want to set up limit number of rating points. So is it possible to make, for example, every 100 rating points on post will give 1 point user reputation?
Last edited by marian0810 on Mon May 13, 2013 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: posts merged as per https://www.phpbb.com/rules/#bumping

Krabsss
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Re: [RC] Reputation System

Post by Krabsss » Tue May 14, 2013 5:34 am

since i can't post private messages yet, i'll write here
Some mistakes:
1. Russian language files should be placed to language/ru/mods/
2. Not enough strings in reputation_system.php (language/ru/):
'RS_CLEAR_POST_CONFIRM' => 'Действительно удалить все оценки для этого сообщения?',
'RS_CLEAR_USER_CONFIRM' => 'Действительно удалить все оценки для этого пользователя?',
'RS_CLEAR_USER' => 'Сбросить оценки пользователя',
'RS_HIDE_POST' => 'Это сообщение, написанное <strong>%1$s</strong>, скрыто, так как у сообщения низкая репутация. %2$s',
3. If you are using another style based on prosilver you should change this strings in file reputation_footer.html (styles\prosilver\template\reputation\):
- 5 string - window.jQuery || document.write(unescape('%3Cscript src="{ROOT_PATH}styles/your style name/template/reputation/jquery-1.8.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"%3E%3C/script%3E'));
- 16 string - <script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}styles/your style name/template/reputation/jquery.reputation.js"></script>

echobb
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 3:29 pm

ignore this.

Post by echobb » Sat May 18, 2013 7:52 pm

Wrong Support Thread-Message Removed :mrgreen:

User avatar
Sarr
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: [RC] Reputation System

Post by Sarr » Sun May 19, 2013 12:15 pm

Hello!

I have a problem with Rating. All installed fine with Automod (Prosilver Style), but when I click on Rate (don't matter which) button on user posts, it sends me back to Index of my forum. And vote isn't added.

I have MChat, MChat Bot from you (excellent mod!) :) and JQuery Base Mod: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2116535.

Here's my forum:
http://forum.neverwinter.com.pl/

All is turned on I guess, so I think this is a conflict with jquery/javascript. Should be simple to fix I guess, can you help me please?
Polish Neverwinter Online portal: http://www.neverwinter.com.pl
Direct link to the forum: forum.neverwinter.com.pl
Polish D&D Online Joomla portal with integrated PhPbb3: http://www.ddopl.com
Direct link to the forum: forum.ddopl.com

szajbat
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: [RC] Reputation System

Post by szajbat » Tue May 21, 2013 4:09 pm

Hello,

Can anyone give me a solution on that how to put Reputation Power into viewtopic body.html instead of showing Reputation Points?

User avatar
Sarr
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:10 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: [RC] Reputation System

Post by Sarr » Wed May 22, 2013 11:24 am

All works now, figured it out! :D

But is there any way to disable Admins and Mods or other groups from showing in the Reputation Top-List? :)
Polish Neverwinter Online portal: http://www.neverwinter.com.pl
Direct link to the forum: forum.neverwinter.com.pl
Polish D&D Online Joomla portal with integrated PhPbb3: http://www.ddopl.com
Direct link to the forum: forum.ddopl.com

User avatar
Pico88
Registered User
Posts: 878
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:24 pm
Location: Poland
Name: Lukasz

Re: [RC] Reputation System

Post by Pico88 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:38 pm

Sorry everyone for not replying but I was very busy recently.

I will try replay to all post/issue since my last replay in that tread on the following weekend.
Please do not PM me for support.

Celticfox317
Registered User
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 5:50 am
Location: US
Name: Robert Tarr
Contact:

Re: [RC] Reputation System

Post by Celticfox317 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:27 am

When you have images in the rep folder it gives you this message...
Using $this when not in object context in /home/robert2t/public_html/forums/includes/functions_reputation.php on line 580
So in the Admin area under the tabs "RANKS" I turn it off and it works fine.

Guess I will have to add images there for this error to be corrected?

Correction: the images of neg and pos are there as should be, however when turned on to display these images it gives the error still...


Is there a work around?

Thanks for the help, otherwise this is a GREAT mod! Thanks for sharing!

Edit: Updated posting

Celticfox317
Registered User
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 5:50 am
Location: US
Name: Robert Tarr
Contact:

Re: [RC] Reputation System

Post by Celticfox317 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:36 am

Never mind the above post. I had a noobish moment. I forgot to copy over the styles/images to my custom themes for it to work. :roll: :oops:

All good now. Thanks again for a great mod!

User avatar
Pico88
Registered User
Posts: 878
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:24 pm
Location: Poland
Name: Lukasz

Re: [RC] Reputation System

Post by Pico88 » Sun May 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Sarr wrote:All works now, figured it out! :D

But is there any way to disable Admins and Mods or other groups from showing in the Reputation Top-List? :)
You can try to exclude users from showing in RS Toplist by editing hook_reputation.php file.
Open it and find:

Code: Select all

	$sql = 'SELECT user_id, username, user_colour, user_reputation
		FROM ' . USERS_TABLE . '
		WHERE user_id <> ' . ANONYMOUS . '
			AND user_reputation > 0
		ORDER BY user_reputation DESC';
Replace with:

Code: Select all

	$sql = 'SELECT user_id, username, user_colour, user_reputation
		FROM ' . USERS_TABLE . '
		WHERE user_id <> ' . ANONYMOUS . '
			AND user_reputation > 0
			AND ' . $db->sql_in_set('group_id', 'group_to_be_excluded', true) . '
		ORDER BY user_reputation DESC';
Change "group_to_be_excluded" to group ids, which you want to exclude - seperate them with comma.
Krabsss wrote:is it possible to make showing reputation topic depends on rating first post.
Image
but instead of starts should be numbers (rating on forst post).
Also, when ppl will post much messages and get much rating on their post, they will have big rating number (may be 1000, 100000). It's not rly good. And i don't want to set up limit number of rating points. So is it possible to make, for example, every 100 rating points on post will give 1 point user reputation?
1) That wasn't possible. There is a mod Topic evaluation for it.
2) Also not possible to current RS structure and code.
dunxy wrote:
Pico88 wrote:
Try to change user permissons - disable reputation details for non-admin users.
Thanks pico, that did the trick and i also had to disable the profile page option.

Still loving the mod and really appreciate the effort you have gone to to create it.

My users are complaining a bit though, they would like to be able to see who has rated them and for what, I understand why they want to see this, I know i can allow them access to this information by enabling the profile page, however that then would allow them to also see who is giving them negative rep and i fear there will be many petty "retaliation" votes.

Pretty sure there's no option in the ACP (ive looked long and hard) but could it be possible to hide the negative rep votes from the users profile page, maybe just make them show up so they know what thread/post of theirs has been negatively voted but show as a anon user or something?

I know can disable negative votes but that kind of defeats the purpose and removes what sets this mod apart from the other karma/thanks systems.

If anybody could help with this it would be fantastic, maybe its a feature you could build into the mod in a future build?
Your idee is quite useful. I will try to do sth with it.
Probably I will create a new feature - annonymous voting. Add to-do-list.
Please do not PM me for support.

szajbat
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: [RC] Reputation System

Post by szajbat » Sun May 26, 2013 2:08 pm

szajbat wrote:Hello,

Can anyone give me a solution on that how to put Reputation Power into viewtopic body.html instead of showing Reputation Points?
Maybe I didn't explained too well but maybe do you all remember or even saw somewhere how its look like in vBulletin. It's showing Reputation Power (what is in this reputation.php i believe, anyway its reputation panel).

So it is possible to put this Reputation Power instead of Reputation Points? What changes do I need to do to apply it?

I will be happy as hell if you will be able to answer the question.

Cheers,
sza'

User avatar
Pico88
Registered User
Posts: 878
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:24 pm
Location: Poland
Name: Lukasz

Re: [RC] Reputation System

Post by Pico88 » Sun May 26, 2013 2:33 pm

szajbat wrote:
szajbat wrote:Hello,

Can anyone give me a solution on that how to put Reputation Power into viewtopic body.html instead of showing Reputation Points?
Maybe I didn't explained too well but maybe do you all remember or even saw somewhere how its look like in vBulletin. It's showing Reputation Power (what is in this reputation.php i believe, anyway its reputation panel).

So it is possible to put this Reputation Power instead of Reputation Points? What changes do I need to do to apply it?

I will be happy as hell if you will be able to answer the question.

Cheers,
sza'
It is not possible. That requires some code changes and rewrite RS functions. It is not the aim of the mod, so you have to find solution on your own.
Please do not PM me for support.

szajbat
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: [RC] Reputation System

Post by szajbat » Sun May 26, 2013 3:04 pm

So take it as just suggestion to make something like vBulletin have. Reputation Power = How many reputation points is given to a person who take "+" point and also who take "-" point, but then its -23 rep.

Of course it should counting like its now, less points = lower rank.

Thanks for answer,
sza'

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”