[ABD] Simple Calendar Mod

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
keith10456

Re: [DEV] Simple Calendar Mod

Post by keith10456 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:55 pm

micropalla wrote:Unfortunately nothing happened.

I've done what you told me than purged the cache and updated Template, Styles and Images set but still no news...

I'm sorry :cry:
I'm really puzzled now... I literally just created a new vanilla phpbb board and installed the mod using the version I just told you to use (that's currently in the download) and all is well. See here...

woipi90

Post by woipi90 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:24 pm

keith10456 wrote:
micropalla wrote:Unfortunately nothing happened.

I've done what you told me than purged the cache and updated Template, Styles and Images set but still no news...

I'm sorry :cry:
I'm really puzzled now... I literally just created a new vanilla phpbb board and installed the mod using the version I just told you to use (that's currently in the download) and all is well. See here...
i also installed it without any problems..

anyway found this:
$("#calendar") is null
on ur hp.. maybe the order of including the files isnt right..

two things u have to change though.. plz include the button for the breadcrumbsmenu in the imageset.. also the lang setup in the functions.php shouldnt be defined with the template vars..

grz woipi
My mods: Ultimate Board Clubs
Support: only for the UBCS!
-----
function be_friends($uid, $u){return ($u == $user->['user_id']) ? false : true;}
$this->be_friends($uid, $user->['user_id']) ? $allow_pm : echo "You failed again";

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:02 am

woipi90 wrote:... two things u have to change though.. plz include the button for the breadcrumbsmenu in the imageset.. also the lang setup in the functions.php shouldnt be defined with the template vars..

grz woipi
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks... ;)

luizsear

Post by luizsear » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Would be so simple if the PHPBB development team to just implant a calendar along with the original Board...

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:19 pm

luizsear wrote:Would be so simple if the PHPBB development team to just implant a calendar along with the original Board...
That's a whole new conversation/post :lol:

Actually, it would be simpler if this mod was developed a little better. Don't fret though... Bonelifer is filling-in where I failed :)
Last edited by keith10456 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

micropalla

Post by micropalla » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:54 pm

What do you suggest me to do?

micropalla

Post by micropalla » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Maybe a conflict with some other mods?

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:44 pm

micropalla wrote:Maybe a conflict with some other mods?
I'm thinking there could be a jquery conflict.

Try removing one of these lines in the overall_header - one at a time. Be sure to Refresh you templates, Purge your cache, and refresh Browser's cache each time:

Code: Select all

<script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}simple_calendar/jquery-1.5.2.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}simple_calendar/jquery-ui-1.8.11.custom.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}simple_calendar/fullcalendar.min.js"></script>

micropalla

Post by micropalla » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:59 pm

Nothing at all.

I removed the first line than refeshed all: nothing
I removed also the second line and refreshed all: nothing
I removed also the third line and refreshed all: nothing

Now i've only this code:

<!-- SIMPLE CALENDAR MOD BEGIN -->
    <link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/simple_calendar/fullcalendar.print.css" rel="stylesheet"  media="print" type="text/css" />
    <link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/simple_calendar/fullcalendar.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/simple_calendar/simple_calendar.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="{ROOT_PATH}simple_calendar/events.js"></script>
    <!-- SIMPLE CALENDAR MOD END -->
But still nothing happens... I really don't know what can be...

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:33 pm

Hmmm... :?

What other mods do you have installed?

micropalla

Post by micropalla » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Well if I remember it well

air_box_auto_image_resizer_RC_04

and

Multiple File Upload

I think only these two...

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:59 pm

micropalla wrote:Well if I remember it well

air_box_auto_image_resizer_RC_04

and

Multiple File Upload

I think only these two...
I don't see how those would conflict. At this point I recommend that you hold-off until Bonelifer release the next version with his improvements. It will be a more complete mod.

svangeldern

Post by svangeldern » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:29 am

Hello,

I am having the exact same problem as micropalla.

I have tried all of the suggestions you have posted as well.

I am using the IDLaunch_Black style and have the ReImg MOD installed.

When clicking on the calendar button, calendar.php is loaded but not a calendar, and yet,
at the bottom of the page I see:

Simple Calendar Mod By Keith v1.0.0 | Calendar Script By Adam Shaw

I'd be glad to try any further suggestions you may have.

Cheers,

Steve

vipaka

Post by vipaka » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:16 am

Here is a question.

Why does this mod NOT have ACP control for adding/removing events (or even a table installed)? It seems like that would be a given, but instead events have to be manually written into a js file.

Maybe I'm crazy but it seems MUCH simpler to make a php file with a variable array for all events found in the table, then call that array in the JS file. And to install a table for inserting and deleting old and new events.

The way it is now demands some programming knowledge from anyone using this mod (user unfriendly), and is time consuming (file has to be manually edited and re-uploaded to the server every time you want to change the calendar). Edit: And if I'm not mistaken (this is an even bigger time waster), the way the code is written you have to rewrite the future events (one month or higher) for every month beyond this one since 'm' is the current month at all times. Otherwise it will show them for the incorrect month for an event every time a new month comes.

In my opinion, that is the opposite of simple and negates any saved time from a quick install. Constant maintenance is sometimes worse than a heavier install.

Beyond that, great mod.

keith10456

Post by keith10456 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:29 pm

vipaka wrote:Here is a question.

Why does this mod NOT have ACP control for adding/removing events (or even a table installed)? It seems like that would be a given, but instead events have to be manually written into a js file.

Maybe I'm crazy but it seems MUCH simpler to make a php file with a variable array for all events found in the table, then call that array in the JS file. And to install a table for inserting and deleting old and new events.

The way it is now demands some programming knowledge from anyone using this mod (user unfriendly), and is time consuming (file has to be manually edited and re-uploaded to the server every time you want to change the calendar). Edit: And if I'm not mistaken (this is an even bigger time waster), the way the code is written you have to rewrite the future events (one month or higher) for every month beyond this one since 'm' is the current month at all times. Otherwise it will show them for the incorrect month for an event every time a new month comes.

In my opinion, that is the opposite of simple and negates any saved time from a quick install. Constant maintenance is sometimes worse than a heavier install.

Beyond that, great mod.
I take it you didn't read through this topic before you made this post.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”