[ABD] Medal System MOD 0.21.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
NaGeL182

Re: [BETA] Medal System MOD 0.11.2

Post by NaGeL182 »

FB92 wrote:
NaGeL182 wrote:
kmakoto wrote:option Request Award and nominate in medals.php?
umm... what?
I think they want the option to request for a medal. But that can be done by simply PM'ing the board owner with the request. So I find this feature request to be pointless.

Also you can have nominations of medals as that comes default with the Medal MOD.
yeah kinda pointless, and usually if you qualify for a medal you will be nominated but i'll write this feauture up on the list.
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

I've had reports on my board of the "award details" button in the profiles linking to the memberlist group view page (randomly, and not always). When I looked into it, I couldn't find the source of the error.

Its not because of my custom profile mod (tested this by looking at Gold Marra's and Legends account, Legend is custom with a bg and marra is default with default bg), a user's group (tested this across every usergroup), or a specific medal (tested this) a certain number of medals (tested this) or a certain category of medals (tested this). All of the codes seem to be in working order, but for some reason, I can't find ANY common link between award details that will and won't link to the group mode of the memberlist and the ones that work properly. I'll keep at it and see if I can figure it out.

My board has a testuser account, username:testuser pass: testtest. There is a link in my www.

For reference, these user's profile award details are bugged: Thewizkid, Gold Marra, Twilightstar, Norid, wolf, and probably a lot of others. And some that aren't bugged: lovelyafterthought, xxlexxyxx, YES, Astoria, Legend.

I've tested the medals mod both with and without the custom profile modifications I made (original and modded)--and both are bugged in the same way.
Curious about my work? See it for yourself.
NaGeL182

Post by NaGeL182 »

Vipika,

I looked at your site, and found the problem.

The problem isnt with the medal's code, but with the template file OR other Mods, reason being that the bugged user's whole member page is in a <form> that action parameter is the memberlist page, and the <button> acts like a submit button.

I'm sending you a screen shot of firebug in PMs.

I hope this helped.
Nuker_Viper

Post by Nuker_Viper »

Preformed everything up to this when i got this i stopped.

Medals System MOD for phpBB3
PHP Version: 5.2.17
DBMS: MySQL 5.0.91mm-log
phpBB3 Version: 3.0.10

Adding acp module: acp/info/acp_medals.php
Fail

Adding acp module: acp/info/acp_medals.php
Fail
Nuker_Viper

Post by Nuker_Viper »

nvm found it.
LittleTiger
Name: Sandra

Post by LittleTiger »

Jessica wrote:
NaGeL182 wrote:
Jessica wrote:do you want me to link you to a download of that mod, so you can take a look at the changes (is that allowed?) if yes I'll link you to it. I have a download saved of it and I uploaded it to my forum (see sig) in a Downloads page.....
that would be a great help. and to my knowledge its allowed to look tat others code, heck i f you download the mod you can look at the code if you just open the .php file.
okay

just go here: http://chenschool.elementfx.com/phpBB3/ ... t.php?id=1

find Medal System --- you can download it there
Hi Jessica - your site seems to have a problem, in that your host has suspended it for hitting limits! :o Do you have the file anywhere else? I was looking for this and was sad to see the download link was removed in original thread.... Thanks!
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

um yeah it hasn't been suspended, but that message is supposed to go away after an hour and it's not doing that. it's been going on for 3 days now. it's really angering me

I will get up another download somewhere else soon

EDIT: download it here: http://stylesdemo.net16.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
oddfish

Post by oddfish »

LittleTiger wrote:... I was looking for this and was sad to see the download link was removed in original thread.... Thanks!
Removed as I have little time to continue cleaning up the code for at least a year (holidaying in different locations makes it a little difficult ;) ).
That download is still available from my site with no support.

Hats off to the new author,
oddfish.
Country Flag User Edition Clickable Post Count Link

... another record broken without breaking any records ...
Testing phpBB3.1 dark style based on prosilver ... http://www.oddmods.net
LittleTiger
Name: Sandra

Post by LittleTiger »

Jessica wrote:um yeah it hasn't been suspended, but that message is supposed to go away after an hour and it's not doing that. it's been going on for 3 days now. it's really angering me

Thanks Jessica!!

As for your hosting issues, maybe a new host is in order 8-) I am with Hostgator and am very happy there... for the past 2yrs.
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

LittleTiger wrote:
Jessica wrote:um yeah it hasn't been suspended, but that message is supposed to go away after an hour and it's not doing that. it's been going on for 3 days now. it's really angering me

Thanks Jessica!!

As for your hosting issues, maybe a new host is in order 8-) I am with Hostgator and am very happy there... for the past 2yrs.
You're welcome. my forum's back up though

someone fixed my account, so no worries. I plan in the future to buy a premium account with x10hosting, as it's just $1/month for 5 years. right now I can't, as my parents won't allow it (they would if they understand what I do more >_>)
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
NaGeL182

Re: [BETA] Medal System MOD 0.21.0

Post by NaGeL182 »

okay...
I hada little time now, and i checked oddfishes modification, and decided to support, and develop that.

But its more of a support, because honestly i don't know what to add to it. I don't see any problem with the code itself, and i have no idea what features to add. Maybe automating some medal awarding?

anyway i'm open for suggestions.
BlueCollar

Post by BlueCollar »

If everything you listed in the first post is in working order I think it's great as it is. What exactly is preventing this MOD from becoming a release candidate?
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

NaGeL182 wrote:okay...
I hada little time now, and i checked oddfishes modification, and decided to support, and develop that.

But its more of a support, because honestly i don't know what to add to it. I don't see any problem with the code itself, and i have no idea what features to add. Maybe automating some medal awarding?

anyway i'm open for suggestions.
Optional automated specific default medals for certain forum features like posting, answering polls...etc
Optional UCP controls for displaying medals in profile/posts (not just ACP)
Curious about my work? See it for yourself.
Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica »

maybe make the medal count in posts (in the mini profile) clickable? so it can direct someone to the list of medals someone has (links to profile, maybe)
van de werde

Post by van de werde »

NaGeL182 wrote:Maybe automating some medal awarding?
This is good feature for my forum. I need add medal to user automaticaly after example 500, 1000, 5000 posts.
Sorry for my poor english...
Wedding shop

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”