[ABD] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options and IPN

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Siropu

Re: [BETA] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options and IP

Post by Siropu »

pixie1 wrote:hello friend, I use the aero theme, and wanted to stay with those edges which is own theme, could you help me?
Sorry, I don't offer support for custom themes.
Hippie459MN wrote:Ok, I just installed the latest version on one of my other web sites and had someone make a donation tonight and while they got added to the specified usergroup, it did not set it as their default group and I had to change it manually. I did get my PM and email and everything and I am assuming they did as well but only issue was they did not get set to default for the usergroup they were added to.

Any ideas what could possibly be the issue?

I do have IPN set up for this site I am working with but on another site I do have it enabled but no IPN address in the CP and everything seems to work as it should there.
If "Make donors group default:" is set to yes and the donor is not already in a special group that is set as an exception in the "Group exception(s):" list, it should work.

I'm using this MOD and I don't have any problems.
Check out my MODs.
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

Siropu wrote:If "Make donors group default:" is set to yes and the donor is not already in a special group that is set as an exception in the "Group exception(s):" list, it should work.

I'm using this MOD and I don't have any problems.
Weird. The member was in 2 user groups already but neither of them were selected in the exclude list. Is there any way to test this without making an actual donation? I have never set up any kind of sandbox deal so I am lost. I just want to try and get this figured out with a test user and see if I can find out whats going on.

Thanks for the awesome mod!
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

Ok, I just had a second donation and it worked perfect. Wonder if it could be that the first person has a Canadian (non-us) PayPal account maybe.

Either way it worked perfect this time around. :D
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

pixie1 wrote:hello friend, I use the aero theme, and wanted to stay with those edges which is own theme, could you help me?
What theme exactly do you have? Link?

EDIT: I found the Aero style and I dont know why I did this but I have made all the correct changes in the install file for the style edits and also edited all of the template files need. I did not edit the files for Payza, Moneybookers, Liberty Reserve, or WebMoney. I only edited the file for PayPal. I will get it packaged up here in a bit.

It was actually really easy to figure out and once I did, didnt take long at all. Just look at the code currently there and edit accordingly.

Here you go - http://www.hippie459mn.com/downloads/do ... S_ONLY.zip

Enjoy. It took me a bit to get them all done. As I said, Only the paypal.php is edited for the services so if you need another one let me know.
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

Ok, this is odd. I have had 4 people donate now and the first one did get added to the correct user group but was not set as default, then the next 2 worked perfect and got set as default in the correct user group. Now the 4th person got added to the correct user group but was not set as default and I had to change it manually.

The frist person though was sending from a canadian paypal account and I think the last person did as well but I am not sure. I sent him an email asking if he was or not. Weird though...

EDIT: Nevermind, I found my problem to this whole issue. Went back and looked at the admin logs and seen they were placed then removed and then it hit me, I have Auto Groups installed and set to at 20 posts they get added to another group and while they would donate and have 19 posts and the second they would post (making it their 20th post) it would place them back in that other group. So it is nothing with this mod what so ever. Time to figure out the other one to exempt the usergroup from getting moved again.

Awesome mod! Keep up the great work and sorry for any of that. :oops:
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

Excellent MOD, nice start as it seems that some stuff remains to be done I guess...

All went well with the installation, I simply had to translate the language file to fr which is done.

But I face a strange behaviour with Paypal IPN management.

1. activated IPN with the appropriate url
2. added some log features in ipn.php to trace whatever happens
3. when reading ipn.php?action=paypal with my browser I can see that the response from Paypal is INVALID which is absolutely logical as no POST vars were received then transmitted to PP. so the fsockopen works.
4. IPN are sent from Paypal, I see them as "Sent" with a response code 200, I see the connection in my webserver logs (Apache), but no logs from ipn.php, nothing happens, no user added, nor group change, even my log features from ipn.php are empty...

:(

I can't understand why while browsing the ipn.php myself it seems ok and not when PP sends the IPN...
Any idea that could help ?
Siropu

Post by Siropu »

@Mirabeau, if you have activated the IPN in you PayPal account and in the ACP, it should work. Can you please show me the part of the IPN.php code that you have changed?
Check out my MODs.
Mirabeau

Post by Mirabeau »

@ Siropu

In fact, I changed the IPN listener for another one based on this tutorial :
http://www.micahcarrick.com/paypal-ipn-with-php.html

Next, I tested with Paypal Sandbox to validate this script completed with your parts (donators list, PM sending, group add...) and noticed a few issues.

I then tried two things : deactivated the user session start which improved the script result, but still the error 503 from PP Sandbox, only solved by commenting out the Admin PM part.

The user session seems for me useless as Paypal sending Post cannot be linked to any user, but it's just my feeling after having developped a few specific Mods. It's just used for some translations in the ipn.php script. Maybe because my forum is not with English language by default which should be used for this transaction...

Now, my new ipn.php script works, but with those 2 parts out : user session and admin PM sending.
Siropu

Post by Siropu »

I don't know what to tell you since I'm using this MOD and it's working fine just the way it is.
Check out my MODs.
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

Siropu wrote:I don't know what to tell you since I'm using this MOD and it's working fine just the way it is.
It is working perfectly fine here too and as it should. :)
ultimateguy

Post by ultimateguy »

Hello again,

I installed Donation Mod :

Code: Select all

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2156682
and Installation was perfect. Now when I enter ACP > .MODS there is no Donation related tab or settings in it. But it does exist in ACP > System > Module Management > Administration Control Panel > .MODS and all of its child modules are enabled as well. I did proper edit as well.

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.11
What is your board's URL? It is down, I am doing it in local host
Who do you host your board with? Via PM
How did you install your board? I used the download package from phpBB.com
What is the most recent action performed on your board? Please select your answer
Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
What MODs do you have installed? Anti-Spam
COUNTRY FLAGS
Announcement Centre
Simple comment mod
mChat
What styles do you currently have installed? Custom created by me
What language(s) is your board currently using? English (EN)
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 5
What is your level of experience? Comfortable with PHP and phpBB
What username can be used to view this issue? No answer given
What password can be used to view this issue? No answer given
When did your problem begin? No answer given
Please describe your problem. Installed a donation mod but its not getting listed in .MODS tab :(
Siropu

Post by Siropu »

Did you run the installer?
yourboard-url/donation/install.php
Check out my MODs.
ultimateguy

Post by ultimateguy »

Yes I did.
Siropu

Post by Siropu »

Run the installer again to uninstall the MOD and then re-install it. If that doesn't work, you must enable the module manually from the ACP.
Check out my MODs.
ultimateguy

Post by ultimateguy »

Its enabled in ACP.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”