[ABD] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options and IPN

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Hippie459MN

Re: [BETA] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options and IP

Post by Hippie459MN »

Siropu wrote:Version 2.2.4 beta has been released.
:mrgreen: Awesome! I am going to update my forum to this from an old version of a different mod this week. Running 2.2.3 on another forum as well and love and and will be updating that as well.
salvocortesiano
Name: Salvo Cortesiano

Post by salvocortesiano »

Riropu wrote:Version 2.2.4 beta has been released.
Thank you for this great MOD! It works perfectly :D
The best way to predict the future is to invent it!
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

@ Siropu, Changes in language files ? :)
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

Siropu

Post by Siropu »

I'm glad you like it guys. :)
Raul [ThE KuKa] wrote:@ Siropu, Changes in language files ? :)
Yes, in both files.

donation.php:
Key "MINIMUM_DONATION_MESSAGE" - (placeholders have been added)

info_acp_donation.php:
From key "LIST_DONORS" to "DONORS_GROUP_CONFIG" - (some keys have been changed and some new ones have been added).
Check out my MODs.
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

Perfect, and thanks... ;)

Working in traslation Spanish. :)
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.

Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations

Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

Im getting this when I try to install... (going to donations/install.php)

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /umil/umil.php on line 3054: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /umil/umil.php on line 3054: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter
Any idea what could be the problem? Using the latest umil from phpbb

EDIT: Everything seems to be ok. Everything is in the ACP and the pages all show up but have no clue as to that error on install.
FoulFoot

Post by FoulFoot »

I haven't been able to get this to work and was wondering if you had any ideas. I've confirmed correct installation. I can successfully make a donation, which transfers me to PayPal. PayPal processes the donation (and lists the username as the reference), and sends an IPN to the correct address (http://www. myforum.com/forum/donation/ipn.php?action=paypal). In the IPN, all the information is correct, including "item_number" being the username, payer_status is "verified", payment_status is "completed", etc. Sending the IPN back to PayPal results in "verified". However, the mod never adds the donor to the donorlist (the donation_donors table is empty), nor sends PMs, etc. I've double-checked that everything is enabled correctly in the ACP. An error log would help... but it seems that ipn.php is either not correctly receiving the IPN, or is not processing it correctly for some reason. I've looked carefully through ipn.php, but everything seems in order (and obviously, the mod is working for you and for others). Any idea where I might continue looking?

Foul
Siropu

Post by Siropu »

Make sure that the IPN is enabled in ACP > IPN Settings and follow the PayPal IPN manual instructions.
Check out my MODs.
FoulFoot

Post by FoulFoot »

That was very helpful. How about, "I have no idea", rather than a condescending comment to "go read the manual"?

For those interested -- since clearly the mod author is not -- the problem is that your server must be configured to support OpenSSL. Without it, ipn.php cannot communicate with PayPal via the fsocketopen() command. If you manage your own server, you can install OpenSSL via EasyApache update / Exhaustive Options list. If you do not manage your server, your provider should be able to do this for you.

Foul
vipaka

Post by vipaka »

One thing I noticed is that if you have it configured to send the PM, it does not send the correct amount (always lists as $1.00). This is because the send PM function is listed after and outside of the variable assignment for the amount the donation actually is. Easily fixed. I don't know if the mod author is running a newer version of this mod or something, but it seems like a lot of the problems people are having with this mod he can't replicate.

This is the loop it needs to be inside to correctly identify the actual donation amount (one way of fixing it).

Code: Select all

// Check if the user ID exists
	if ($row)
	{
//send PM function goes here.
 }
Curious about my work? See it for yourself.
Siropu

Post by Siropu »

FoulFoot wrote:That was very helpful. How about, "I have no idea", rather than a condescending comment to "go read the manual"?
The manual PayPal IPN instructions I was referring to are found in the ACP > IPN Settings. For me is working without those settings but it seems that for others is not.
vipaka wrote:One thing I noticed is that if you have it configured to send the PM, it does not send the correct amount (always lists as $1.00).
I don't see any problem in the code so I have no idea why is showing $1.00.
Check out my MODs.
pixie1

Post by pixie1 »

Great Mod, thanks :D
pixie1

Post by pixie1 »

hello friend, I use the aero theme, and wanted to stay with those edges which is own theme, could you help me?
Hippie459MN

Post by Hippie459MN »

Ok, I just installed the latest version on one of my other web sites and had someone make a donation tonight and while they got added to the specified usergroup, it did not set it as their default group and I had to change it manually. I did get my PM and email and everything and I am assuming they did as well but only issue was they did not get set to default for the usergroup they were added to.

Any ideas what could possibly be the issue?

I do have IPN set up for this site I am working with but on another site I do have it enabled but no IPN address in the CP and everything seems to work as it should there.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”