[ABD] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options and IPN

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
vipaka
Registered User
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:25 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options

Post by vipaka » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:02 am

Submitting any changes to the acp configuration page is generating a whole host of undefined constant errors in acp_donation.php from the set_config list. Also the "install.php" is generating errors for the donation_enable and donors_list_enable lines in functions.php.

Install.php works fine without those two lines in functions.php, would probably be best to set it up with an if exists ? : ; setup for those two variables. For the set_config list in acp_donation.php, putting the config names inside apostrophes fixes the issue.

change

Code: Select all

set_config(donation_enable, $donation_enable);
to

Code: Select all

set_config('donation_enable', $donation_enable);

and so forth. This same error occurs lower down for donation goal settings (just search set_config).

These three errors are showing up on the donate.php page.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /donate.php on line 101: Undefined variable: paypal_preferred_currencies_list
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /donate.php on line 106: Undefined variable: payza_preferred_currencies_list
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /donate.php on line 111: Undefined variable: moneybookers_preferred_currencies_list
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /donate.php on line 116: Undefined variable: libertyreserve_preferred_currencies_list
These are from the foreach lines

Code: Select all

foreach(array_unique(explode(',',$config['paypal_preferred_currencies'])) as $currency)
{
	$paypal_preferred_currencies_list .= "<option value='$currency'>$currency</option>\n";
}
Edit: Adding them as blank string variables above the foreach will fix the notices,

Code: Select all

$paypal_preferred_currencies_list = '';
but made me notice another error. The "dropdown" menus in the ACP for currency selection do not work, unless you manually type the currency into the text field. I don't feel like fixing this one for ya though since its work-aroundable, sorry!

The code below allows people to parse bbcode (default and custom) and smilies into their donation message through the acp text box (feel free to add this to the mod if you like it!)

right after the foreach collection in donate.php

Code: Select all

$uid = $bitfield = $options = '';
$allowed_bbcode = $allowed_smilies = $allowed_urls = true;

generate_text_for_storage($donation_config['donation_body'], $uid, $bitfield, $options, $allowed_bbcode, $allowed_smilies, $allowed_urls);
$donation_text_body["BBCODE_DONATION_BODY"] = generate_text_for_display($donation_config['donation_body'], $uid, $bitfield, $options);

$template->assign_block_vars('bbcode_body', $donation_text_body);
right after <h2>{L_BODY_TITLE}</h2> in the donate/body.html template file. (replaces the original plain text field)

Code: Select all

   <!-- BEGIN bbcode_body --> <p>{bbcode_body.BBCODE_DONATION_BODY}</p> <!-- END bbcode_body -->
Edit: Beyond the success page (which can be url-hacked) it doesn't appear that this mod "confirms" that a donation was successfully processed in any way. I have a version of an older donation mod for phpbb that has IPN confirmation if you'd like me to send you a copy for reference with the automated donor list and donation confirmation.

This is a great mod though, I'm really looking forward to how it develops. I really think it has more potential than any of the other currently available donation mods since it has more options. :)
Last edited by vipaka on Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 10 times in total.

User avatar
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Posts: 6062
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:24 pm
Location: Spain
Name: Raul Arroyo
Contact:

Re: [RC] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:20 am

vipaka wrote:This is a great mod though, I'm really looking forward to how it develops. I really think it has more potential than any of the other currently available donation mods since it has more options. :)
+10
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies :warning:


If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate with Image
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:



User avatar
Siropu
Registered User
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:15 pm
Location: Romania
Contact:

Re: [RC] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options

Post by Siropu » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:36 pm

@vipaka, thanks for letting me know. I'm currently working on version 2.2.0 which will have a cleaner code and IPN features:

Auto group. (implemented)
Notify admin via PM when donation is received. (implemented)
Send a customized PM to donor. (implemented)

Each of these features have ACP options.

IPN integration progress: PayPal (implemented - not tested)

If I will have time, I will release it today. :)
Check out my MODs.

User avatar
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Posts: 6062
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:24 pm
Location: Spain
Name: Raul Arroyo
Contact:

Re: [RC] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:54 pm

Wonderful news, this new version will be great!!! ;)
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies :warning:


If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate with Image
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:



User avatar
Prosk8er
Registered User
Posts: 1444
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:30 am
Location: Rochester, NY
Name: Tyler
Contact:

Re: [RC] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options

Post by Prosk8er » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Siropu, awesome your mod should deffinately be a big hit

User avatar
Jessica
Former Team Member
Posts: 4341
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Name: Jessica
Contact:

Re: [RC] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options

Post by Jessica » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:12 pm

Siropu wrote:@vipaka, thanks for letting me know. I'm currently working on version 2.2.0 which will have a cleaner code and IPN features:

Auto group. (implemented)
Notify admin via PM when donation is received. (implemented)
Send a customized PM to donor. (implemented)

Each of these features have ACP options.

IPN integration progress: PayPal (implemented - not tested)

If I will have time, I will release it today. :)
looking forward to it (:
Please do not PM me for support unless it is absolutely necessary
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

User avatar
kmakoto
Registered User
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: [RC] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options

Post by kmakoto » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:39 pm

error with activate mode dubug
in install and acp configuration

User avatar
eunaumtenhoid
Registered User
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:46 am
Location: ????

Re: [RC] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options

Post by eunaumtenhoid » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:50 pm

this mod is awesome

idea:

*integrate the goal config with the list of donors, so that at the time the user adm add a donor, the amount of the donation is automatically inserted into the goal.
*add support for bbcode in custom message.
*separate donatiosn for months

THX for mod^^
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes

User avatar
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Posts: 6062
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:24 pm
Location: Spain
Name: Raul Arroyo
Contact:

Re: [RC] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:30 pm

eunaumtenhoid wrote:idea:

*integrate the goal config with the list of donors, so that at the time the user adm add a donor, the amount of the donation is automatically inserted into the goal.
*add support for bbcode in custom message.
*separate donatiosn for months

THX for mod^^
+10
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies :warning:


If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate with Image
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:



User avatar
Siropu
Registered User
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:15 pm
Location: Romania
Contact:

Re: [RC] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options

Post by Siropu » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:23 pm

Version 2.2.0 beta is here!

What's new?
Now you can choose your preferred currencies by selecting them from a list.
Donor will be automatically added in the donors list after donating (IPN).


Auto-group (IPN).
The auto-group feature has 4 options:
  • enable/disable
    choose group
    make the group default or not
    select default group exceptions
PM notifications (IPN)
This feature has 4 options:
  • Notify admin via PM when a new donation is received (enable/disable).
    Send a customized PM to donor (enable/disable).
Download

This is a beta release because I want you guys to help me test the IPN Live (I don't like the sandbox :)). I've integrated the IPN for all payment options and now I have too see if it's working or not.
Check out my MODs.

User avatar
eunaumtenhoid
Registered User
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:46 am
Location: ????

Re: [RC] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options

Post by eunaumtenhoid » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 pm

thx dude, but forgive my ignorance, but what is IPN? and sandbox?
autogroup is only the name of add or an addon to the mod of the same name?
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes

vipaka
Registered User
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:25 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options

Post by vipaka » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:17 pm

You're doing a great job! Getting out such a big update in such a short time is really impressive. :)

Unfortunately, the IPN check is not going through. As far as I can tell, the donations are still being processed correctly but nothing is calling the "donation_received" function from ipn.php.

User avatar
FB92
Registered User
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Re: [RC] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options

Post by FB92 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Good job. Will run a couple of tests and spot out bugs if I see any.

User avatar
Siropu
Registered User
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:15 pm
Location: Romania
Contact:

Re: [RC] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options

Post by Siropu » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:46 pm

eunaumtenhoid wrote:thx dude, but forgive my ignorance, but what is IPN? and sandbox?
autogroup is only the name of add or an addon to the mod of the same name?
IPN (Instant Payment Notification) is a service offered by payment processors to help sellers validate a payment on their site.

The sandbox is a testing platform.
Auto-group is a feature that will automatically add the donor in a specified group.
vipaka wrote:You're doing a great job! Getting out such a big update in such a short time is really impressive. :)

Unfortunately, the IPN check is not going through. As far as I can tell, the donations are still being processed correctly but nothing is calling the "donation_received" function from ipn.php.
Thanks. :)
Did you tested the PayPal IPN? Using sandbox or live?
Check out my MODs.

vipaka
Registered User
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:25 pm
Contact:

Re: [RC] Donation MOD with Multiple Payment Options

Post by vipaka » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:46 pm

Siropu wrote:
eunaumtenhoid wrote:thx dude, but forgive my ignorance, but what is IPN? and sandbox?
autogroup is only the name of add or an addon to the mod of the same name?
IPN (Instant Payment Notification) is a service offered by payment processors to help sellers validate a payment on their site.

The sandbox is a testing platform.
Auto-group is a feature that will automatically add the donor in a specified group.
vipaka wrote:You're doing a great job! Getting out such a big update in such a short time is really impressive. :)

Unfortunately, the IPN check is not going through. As far as I can tell, the donations are still being processed correctly but nothing is calling the "donation_received" function from ipn.php.
Thanks. :)
Did you tested the PayPal IPN? Using sandbox or live?
Paypal, live.

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”