[ABD] AJAX Comment on Posts

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
User avatar
Jessica
Former Team Member
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Name: Jessica
Contact:

Re: [DEV] AJAX Comment on Posts

Post by Jessica » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:06 am

sweet! can't wait :mrgreen:
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

User avatar
Jessica
Former Team Member
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Name: Jessica
Contact:

Re: [DEV] AJAX Comment on Posts

Post by Jessica » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:37 am

bug -- maybe?

I tested this on your demo

I clicked "Send a Comment" -- page refreshed. Typed in the comment. Submitted it (seems to have submitted automatically without page refresh). Clicked the Send a Comment button again, but nothing happened. Seems like it doesn't work after a comment is submitted? Have to refresh page...
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

User avatar
emosbat
Registered User
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: [DEV] AJAX Comment on Posts

Post by emosbat » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:25 am

I like anything that is ajax even cockroaches :mrgreen:

User avatar
Ali@php
Registered User
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:17 am
Name: Ali Faraji
Contact:

Re: [DEV] AJAX Comment on Posts

Post by Ali@php » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:37 am

Jessica wrote:bug -- maybe?

I tested this on your demo

I clicked "Send a Comment" -- page refreshed. Typed in the comment. Submitted it (seems to have submitted automatically without page refresh). Clicked the Send a Comment button again, but nothing happened. Seems like it doesn't work after a comment is submitted? Have to refresh page...
That's right. Because of link id (#sendcomment) browser thinks operation is on the same page. I will change link method to jquery, Hopefully problem will fix then.
emosbat wrote:I like anything that is ajax even cockroaches :mrgreen:
Yeah, AJAX is amazing :D

User avatar
Ali@php
Registered User
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:17 am
Name: Ali Faraji
Contact:

Re: [DEV] AJAX Comment on Posts

Post by Ali@php » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:44 am

MOD updated to version 0.3.0

[New feature]
-AJAX edit comment

Live demo: [Removed] (Username: demo, Password: demo123)

User avatar
Meis2M
Translator
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:32 am
Location: IR.Damghan
Name: میثم نوبری
Contact:

Re: [DEV] AJAX Comment on Posts

Post by Meis2M » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:13 am

Thank U ali. :D

i like to see Ajax comment on profile too.
phpBB persian international support
Ultimate SEO Friendly URL - Extension
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM

leschek
Registered User
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:49 pm
Contact:

Re: [DEV] AJAX Comment on Posts

Post by leschek » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:20 pm

Nice MOD. I did some testing on my test board and here is feedback:

1. When someone comments on your post you will receive a PM. I checked a PM and it seems that there is problem with non English characters in quote of comment. Example: I wrote into comment test komentáře 02, but in a PM it shows me test koment????e 02.

2. Would be nice if user who read the comments can decide himself, if he/she wants to show comments in descending or ascending order. I mean I prefer to see the older comments first, but if there is more comments than admin set in an ACP, I would prefer see newer comments first (without showing all comments).

3. What do you think about counting the comments as posts. Would be nice if admin could set e.g. 2 comments = 1 normal post, so number of users posts will increase by 1 post after sending 2 comments.

4. I would like to see number of a comments on viewforum and index pages. In same way as number of a posts and topics are displayed now.

User avatar
Jessica
Former Team Member
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Name: Jessica
Contact:

Re: [DEV] AJAX Comment on Posts

Post by Jessica » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:18 pm

Ali@php wrote:MOD updated to version 0.3.0

[New feature]
-AJAX edit comment

Live demo: [Removed] (Username: demo, Password: demo123)
Must be me, but the ajax edit doesn't seem to work. the page still refreshes...
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

User avatar
Ali@php
Registered User
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:17 am
Name: Ali Faraji
Contact:

Re: [DEV] AJAX Comment on Posts

Post by Ali@php » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:32 pm

Meis2M wrote:Thank U ali. :D

i like to see Ajax comment on profile too.
Nice idea, Maybe with another MOD :)
leschek wrote:Nice MOD. I did some testing on my test board and here is feedback:

1. When someone comments on your post you will receive a PM. I checked a PM and it seems that there is problem with non English characters in quote of comment. Example: I wrote into comment test komentáře 02, but in a PM it shows me test koment????e 02.

2. Would be nice if user who read the comments can decide himself, if he/she wants to show comments in descending or ascending order. I mean I prefer to see the older comments first, but if there is more comments than admin set in an ACP, I would prefer see newer comments first (without showing all comments).

3. What do you think about counting the comments as posts. Would be nice if admin could set e.g. 2 comments = 1 normal post, so number of users posts will increase by 1 post after sending 2 comments.

4. I would like to see number of a comments on viewforum and index pages. In same way as number of a posts and topics are displayed now.
Right, This bug exists and I will review just after finishing current tasks.
Jessica wrote:
Ali@php wrote:MOD updated to version 0.3.0

[New feature]
-AJAX edit comment

Live demo: [Removed] (Username: demo, Password: demo123)
Must be me, but the ajax edit doesn't seem to work. the page still refreshes...
Fixed in new version.

User avatar
Ali@php
Registered User
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:17 am
Name: Ali Faraji
Contact:

Re: [DEV] AJAX Comment on Posts

Post by Ali@php » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:09 pm

MOD updated to version 0.6.0.
Now AJAX milestone is complete :
AJAX
-Send comment (completed)
-Edit comment (completed)
-Delete comments (completed)
-Load forms (completed)
-Pagination (completed)

Live demo: [Removed] (Username: demo, Password: demo123)

New Screenshots:

http://www.phpbbpersian.com/images/com/screen.jpg
http://www.phpbbpersian.com/images/com/screen2.jpg
http://www.phpbbpersian.com/images/com/screen3.jpg
http://www.phpbbpersian.com/images/com/screen4.jpg
http://www.phpbbpersian.com/images/com/screen5.jpg
http://www.phpbbpersian.com/images/com/screen6.jpg

Github repository: https://github.com/phpbbpersian/Comment-on-Posts
Modification Download: https://github.com/phpbbpersian/Comment ... master.zip

I appreciate any test, feedback or bug report.

User avatar
Jessica
Former Team Member
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Name: Jessica
Contact:

Re: [DEV] AJAX Comment on Posts

Post by Jessica » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:10 pm

Tested it, works great now :mrgreen:
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

User avatar
Jessica
Former Team Member
Posts: 4342
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:53 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Name: Jessica
Contact:

Re: [DEV] AJAX Comment on Posts

Post by Jessica » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:19 pm

Is it possible/would you be willing to create a completely new method of notification of post comments? I really don't like that it notifies you by PM for some reason >_< Though I guess it'll be tedious and unnecessary just to create a new notification system?

(and maybe you shouldn't get a notification of a comment YOU posted on YOUR own post?)
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

User avatar
Ali@php
Registered User
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:17 am
Name: Ali Faraji
Contact:

Re: [DEV] AJAX Comment on Posts

Post by Ali@php » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:30 pm

Jessica wrote:Is it possible/would you be willing to create a completely new method of notification of post comments? I really don't like that it notifies you by PM for some reason >_< Though I guess it'll be tedious and unnecessary just to create a new notification system?

(and maybe you shouldn't get a notification of a comment YOU posted on YOUR own post?)
According to this topic it's possible to see new notification system in phpBB 3.1. It may be an alternative in the future but for now and 3.0 cycle it's better to focus on this method and improve other features.

User avatar
emosbat
Registered User
Posts: 564
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: [DEV] AJAX Comment on Posts

Post by emosbat » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:38 pm

great job well done. could you add a progress bar/ or a loading message when click on `load more comments`? and then if there was no more comments tell that or hide button :)

User avatar
Ali@php
Registered User
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:17 am
Name: Ali Faraji
Contact:

Re: [DEV] AJAX Comment on Posts

Post by Ali@php » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:52 pm

emosbat wrote:great job well done. could you add a progress bar/ or a loading message when click on `load more comments`? and then if there was no more comments tell that or hide button :)
Yes I will :)

Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”