[ABD] AJAX Comment on Posts

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Vova_OB
Name: Volodymyr Oliinyk

Re: [RC] AJAX Comment on Posts

Post by Vova_OB » Tue May 14, 2013 4:36 pm

This mod don't work at subsilver2 based board.

Vova_OB

Post by Vova_OB » Wed May 15, 2013 12:29 am

Vova_OB wrote:This mod don't work at subsilver2 based board.
Sorry .
This mod work very good work at subsilver2 based boards older versions))))
But, need in code changing

Vova_OB

Post by Vova_OB » Wed May 15, 2013 9:06 am

Realy. Thank You for this mod ))
topic and reply and comments - make possible multi-level dialogue

Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica » Thu May 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Installed mod on my main board...but I get a general error when accessing topics

Something like:

Code: Select all

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY c.comment_time DESC LIMIT 5' at line 2 [1064]
No clue how to fix that; removed it for now.
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

MNStreets
Name: Dave

Post by MNStreets » Sat May 18, 2013 1:20 am

I'll be trying this mod on my board at some point this weekend.

I've installed other mods and have needed to update style files manually since I am using a different style (Lucid Lime) and I have been successful.

I love what this mod does and hope it works for me!

I'll post back with my results and findings.
Huge thanks to the community, volunteers, and phpBB staff. Always been a fan of open source and as I learn more and more about phpBB I hope to give back... somehow...

Vova_OB

Post by Vova_OB » Sat May 18, 2013 9:01 am

at mu board dont work:
- refreshing page after adding of comment
- limit or mor comments script.
:D

it is gud mod and i search fixing of this bug. I thing that it do not work ajax script )))

MNStreets

Post by MNStreets » Sat May 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Woo hoo! Working great! As expected I needed to hand-copy some files and code to the folder for my style but it's working perfectly!

Well, there is just one thing... Minor thing... My style has a dark background and light text. When the comment box pops up it has a white background, but it's using the same text color as my board (a very light grey) - therefore it's very difficult to read the text being typed into the comment box. (But once it's added it shows up fine).

How can I changed the text color in the pop-up comment box?
Huge thanks to the community, volunteers, and phpBB staff. Always been a fan of open source and as I learn more and more about phpBB I hope to give back... somehow...

MNStreets

Post by MNStreets » Sat May 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Apparently I'm the only one who can make comments. My users are reporting that they do not see a comment button, and I also do not see it on my test account...

It's gotta be a permissions thing. I only see permission for "Can view comments" but nothing for posting.

If I put my test user into my pre-existing Administrators group then the Send Comment button it there, but if I make a new group and mirror the permissions it is not there.

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica » Sun May 19, 2013 12:20 am

MNStreets wrote:Apparently I'm the only one who can make comments. My users are reporting that they do not see a comment button, and I also do not see it on my test account...

It's gotta be a permissions thing. I only see permission for "Can view comments" but nothing for posting.

If I put my test user into my pre-existing Administrators group then the Send Comment button it there, but if I make a new group and mirror the permissions it is not there.
You have to set permissions for a forum for each group as well (group forum permissions)
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

MNStreets

Post by MNStreets » Sun May 19, 2013 1:24 am

Jessica wrote:
MNStreets wrote:Apparently I'm the only one who can make comments. My users are reporting that they do not see a comment button, and I also do not see it on my test account...

You have to set permissions for a forum for each group as well (group forum permissions)
What permission is it? The only one I see is the option to "See comments"? My users can see the comments, but cannot post them.

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica » Sun May 19, 2013 2:20 am

Go to ACP --> Permissions --> Group forum permissions --> Choose a group --> Choose a forum(s) --> Advanced Permissions --> Comment on Posts tab

MNStreets

Post by MNStreets » Sun May 19, 2013 2:26 am

Jessica wrote:Go to ACP --> Permissions --> Group forum permissions --> Choose a group --> Choose a forum(s) --> Advanced Permissions --> Comment on Posts tab
Thanks! I see the options.

Is there no way to do this globally? It has to be board-specific?

Edit: I know there's a way to change the default permissions for what "Standard Access + Polls" and things like that... God I can never find it...

Jessica
Former Team Member

Post by Jessica » Sun May 19, 2013 2:49 am

Yeah, it's forum-specific; and you can find the "Standard Access + Polls" and all that in Forum Roles (under Permission Roles) :)

MNStreets

Post by MNStreets » Sun May 19, 2013 2:53 am

Jessica wrote:Yeah, it's forum-specific; and you can find the "Standard Access + Polls" and all that in Forum Roles (under Permission Roles) :)
YES! Thank you! I give to you, 10 internets.

MNStreets

Post by MNStreets » Mon May 20, 2013 1:05 am

Been a lot of chat since I posted this and wanted to make sure it didn't get shuffled away, thanks.
MNStreets wrote:Minor thing... My style has a dark background and light text. When the comment box pops up it has a white background, but it's using the same text color as my board (a very light grey) - therefore it's very difficult to read the text being typed into the comment box. (But once it's added it shows up fine).

How can I changed the text color in the pop-up comment box?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”