[ABD] cBB Chat 1.0.1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
canidev

[ABD] cBB Chat 1.0.1

Post by canidev »

Modification Name: cBB Chat
Author: CaniDev

Modification Description: This mod adds a complete chat in the forum.
Modification Version: 1.0.1

Requirements: JavaScript must be enabled.

Features:
  • Private messaging between two users.
  • Private messaging between some users or groups.
  • Possibility for users to define their status (online, away, busy, hidden).
  • Full control to the administrators and moderators to manage the messages and users that participate in the chat.
  • Have many options managed from the ACP to adapt the chat to your needs.
  • The chat can be put in each page of the forum (custom pages included) without edit any PHP or HTML files (all be managed from the ACP).
  • With "embed" mode. The mod can be put in external pages by using an <object> code.
  • The guest users don't appears as "guest". Their must be use her own name to use the chat.
  • The chat sounds are conventional mp3 files so, it can be changed easily.
  • Compatible with phpBB 3.0.8, 3.0.9, 3.0.10, 3.0.11 and 3.0.12.
  • Very easy to implement in the forum with its installer-friendly as it is only necessary to make small changes in phpBB3 files.
  • Includes the neccessary editions for proSilver and subSilver2 styles.
  • Includes the English and Spanish languages.
Screenshots:
Screenshots in CaniDev WebSite

Demo URL: http://demo.canidev.com/phpbb/ucp.php?m ... hat-v1.0.1

Modification Download: http://www.canidev.com/app/?i=cbb-chat-v1.0.1

AddOn for cBB Blockgets: http://www.canidev.com/app/?i=cbb-block ... don-v1.0.0
Adaptation for Artodia Mobile: http://demo.canidev.com/phpbb/styles/?m=cbb-chat-v1.0.1
Last edited by canidev on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raul [ThE KuKa]
Style Customisations
Style Customisations
Name: Raul Arroyo

Re: [RC] cBB Chat 1.0.0

Post by Raul [ThE KuKa] »

Great job canidev, and NICE MOD!!! ;)
All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
:warning: Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules | phpBB Styles Rules & Policies | Styles Queue Stats :warning:

If you like my styles, translations, etc. and want to show some appreciation, then feel free to Donate.
:flag_es: phpBB Spain - Online Since 2003 :heart:

leschek

Post by leschek »

Really nice MOD.
I tested it little and have a few questions:
1. "Private messaging between users" - does this mean that I can chat privately with only one user? (Something like on FB.).
2. It seems that I have to connect/disconnect after every page refresh. Would be really nice if I can stay connected for setted amount of time (maybe there could be option in ACP) or until I disconnect myself or until I log out of the board.
I know that in ACP is the autoconnect feature, but it works basically the same as I wrote - when I disconnect myself and refresh page I'm connected again.
canidev

Post by canidev »

leschek wrote:I tested it little and have a few questions:
1. "Private messaging between users" - does this mean that I can chat privately with only one user? (Something like on FB.).
Yes, you can have private conversations with users.
leschek wrote:2. It seems that I have to connect/disconnect after every page refresh. Would be really nice if I can stay connected for setted amount of time (maybe there could be option in ACP) or until I disconnect myself or until I log out of the board.
I know that in ACP is the autoconnect feature, but it works basically the same as I wrote - when I disconnect myself and refresh page I'm connected again.
The chat stay connected if the autoconnect option is enabled and you change the page without disconnect the chat. Its possible that i will add a new function in the next version that autoconnect if you change the page with the chat connected (although the autoconnect option is not enabled in the ACP)
leschek

Post by leschek »

canidev wrote:Yes, you can have private conversations with users.
Then I'm not able to figure how to do it.
canidev wrote:The chat stay connected if the autoconnect option is enabled and you change the page without disconnect the chat
But if you disconnect yourself it will connect you again after reloading the page. I mean it is not big problem, but I guess if user disconnect himself he should stay disconnected.
canidev wrote:Its possible that i will add a new function in the next version that autoconnect if you change the page with the chat connected (although the autoconnect option is not enabled in the ACP)
That would be great.
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Glad to see it released here... been testing it couple weeks and so far so good. great job. :)
leschek wrote:
canidev wrote:Yes, you can have private conversations with users.
Then I'm not able to figure how to do it.
You can only have private chat if they are connected to chat and you rightclick their name from the user list. a new tab will open on the chat when you do.
leschek

Post by leschek »

Peter77sx wrote:You can only have private chat if they are connected to chat and you rightclick their name from the user list. a new tab will open on the chat when you do.
Oh, the right click... And I thought I clicked everywhere on the page with all the buttons my mouse has.
VOLKERMORD

Post by VOLKERMORD »

I just love this chat :D very nice work CaniDev.
Har tios tintoninos insus tiko is dakon kand sia til kogaion ilmaton hlioylo pleiste naktoilo
leschek

Post by leschek »

When I try to exclude user it shows me the options for length of ban, but when I try to confirm it I get this error:

Code: Select all

General Error
/* <![CDATA[ */
* { margin: 0; padding: 0; } html { font-size: 100%; height: 100%; margin-bottom: 1px; background-color: #E4EDF0; } body { font-family: "Lucida Grande", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: #536482; background: #E4EDF0; font-size: 62.5%; margin: 0; } a:link, a:active, a:visited { color: #006699; text-decoration: none; } a:hover { color: #DD6900; text-decoration: underline; } #wrap { padding: 0 20px 15px 20px; min-width: 615px; } #page-header { text-align: right; height: 40px; } #page-footer { clear: both; font-size: 1em; text-align: center; } .panel { margin: 4px 0; background-color: #FFFFFF; border: solid 1px  #A9B8C2; } #errorpage #page-header a { font-weight: bold; line-height: 6em; } #errorpage #content { padding: 10px; } #errorpage #content h1 { line-height: 1.2em; margin-bottom: 0; color: #DF075C; } #errorpage #content div { margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 5px; border-bottom: 1px solid #CCCCCC; padding-bottom: 5px; color: #333333; font: bold 1.2em "Lucida Grande", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; text-decoration: none; line-height: 120%; text-align: left; } 
/* ]]> */
			Return to the index page								General Error			SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Nezn-Bámý sloupec 's.session_viewonline' v field list [1054]

SQL

SELECT cu.*, u.username AS member_name, u.user_type, u.user_colour, s.session_viewonline
						FROM phpbb_chat_users cu
							LEFT JOIN phpbb_users u ON(u.user_id = cu.user_id)
						WHERE cu.user_key = 63

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 175
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/chat/includes/functions_ajax.php
LINE: 769
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/chat/includes/functions_chat.php
LINE: 110
CALL: chat_ajax->run()

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: chat->setup()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/hooks/index.php
LINE: 141
CALL: call_user_func_array()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions.php
LINE: 4868
CALL: phpbb_hook->call_hook()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/session.php
LINE: 1836
CALL: phpbb_user_session_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/index.php
LINE: 26
CALL: user->setup()
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: [email protected]							Powered by phpBB&reg; Forum Software &copy; phpBB Group
Where "Nezn-Bámý sloupec" mean "Unknown column"

I'm testing it on board installed on localhost with help of Quick Install.

BTW I wasn't able to send it to bug tracker on your board.
canidev

Post by canidev »

Ok,

To solve, do this:
- open "chat/includes/functions_ajax.php"
- find:

$sql = 'SELECT cu.*, u.username AS member_name, u.user_type, u.user_colour, s.session_viewonline
- replace with:

$sql = 'SELECT cu.*, u.username AS member_name, u.user_type, u.user_colour
BTW I wasn't able to send it to bug tracker on your board.
Why? It gives you an error?
Jorup16
Name: Jorge

Post by Jorup16 »

Finally in phpBB.com, excellent MOD @canidev. :D
Spanish Translations for Ext phpBB :D - Traducciones al español para Ext phpBB :)
>>>>> https://github.com/Jorup16 <<<<<
leschek

Post by leschek »

canidev wrote:Why? It gives you an error?
No errors. I tried to preview post I wrote and it didn't load for about one minute. So I wrote the message again and tried to send it with the same result so I gave up.

Thank you for the fix. It's working now.
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

Glad to see this mod posted here. Looking forward to adding rooms in future versions.
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
5hocK

Post by 5hocK »

Tried on 2 live test sites (one php5.2, the other php5.3) both fresh installs and cannot delete announcements, tips, rules or Manage pages in the acp
Installed using Automod.
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

5hocK wrote:Tried on 2 live test sites (one php5.2, the other php5.3) both fresh installs and cannot delete announcements, tips, rules or Manage pages in the acp
Installed using Automod.
I can confirm this. I also can't delete anything
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”