[ABD]phpBB to WP connector 1.5.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Re: [BETA] phpBB to WordPress bridge

Post by Danielx64 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:26 am

aquelotro wrote:Can I use with this cross posting like Wp-United do?

Thanks
Ok I have got cross posting going however it still need some work done. If all goes well you will see a new package next week.
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Danielx64

Re: [BETA] phpBB to WordPress bridge 0.3.0

Post by Danielx64 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Ok I just uploaded a new version, please make sure you read the install instruction in full. Please note that there is no upgrade path so you will need to undo all the file edits and redo then.
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Mysterius

Re: [BETA] [BRIDGE] phpBB to WordPress bridge 0.3.0

Post by Mysterius » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:05 pm

Since there is no supported WP/phpBB bridge, i'll check yours :).
If I encounter any bugs, I will tell you !

Continue to support it, that's what always kills those kind of plugins. Don't give up :).

Danielx64

Re: [BETA] [BRIDGE] phpBB to WordPress bridge 0.3.0

Post by Danielx64 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:03 am

Mysterius wrote:Since there is no supported WP/phpBB bridge, i'll check yours :).
If I encounter any bugs, I will tell you !

Continue to support it, that's what always kills those kind of plugins. Don't give up :).
I won't be giving up, I know that I'm almost there, it just a matter of fixing up some bugs then going to RC :)

Danielx64

Re: [BETA] [BRIDGE] phpBB to WordPress bridge 0.7.0

Post by Danielx64 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:48 pm

Ok I just upload what I hope is the final beta and then I should then be able to go into RC.

To upgrade, just re-upload the files replacing the old files, No code edits is required.

As always backup your database and files before installing or upgrading this.

Danielx64

Re: [BETA] [BRIDGE] phpBB to WordPress bridge 0.7.3

Post by Danielx64 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:06 am

Just uploaded new version, details on first page.

StylesFactoryCom

Post by StylesFactoryCom » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:14 pm

This is super! :D
Looking for cheap and cool styles? PM me :P.
--> matti@gamesboard.pl
My official themes site: http://www.stylesfactory.pl

ceephia

Post by ceephia » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:54 am

I got some issues during installing the WP part. If I want to upload the zip file from the wordpress folder 'phpBB.zip' I got the message that he doesn't find the plugin files.
If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. - If you don't, you'll find an excuse.

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:16 am

How are you uploading it in wordpress? You should be doing it via the theme uploader and not plug-in uploader.

Danielx64

Re: [RC] [BRIDGE] phpBB to WordPress bridge 0.8.0

Post by Danielx64 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:12 pm

The time has come. While it did arrive late, it's better to be late then never. This is now in RC and any changes made from this point on in will be cleaning up or bug fixes.

You may run this on a live board as much of this will not change and upgrades will be supported for newer versions.

The biggest changes are:

You can now have a setup close to what phpbb.com has, you can now use phpbb as a comment platform.
You can now use featured images
Subsilver2 is now supported again

Link to download is on first page.

Z.Wang

Post by Z.Wang » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:37 pm

Good on you! Thanks for your work!

Ozo

Post by Ozo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:28 pm

Hi, I'm getting
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/wordp/wp-content/themes/phpBB/includes/wp_phpbb_bridge_core.php on line 934: Creating default object from empty value
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3956)

wordpress settings:
Path to phpbb: ../
my phpbb is in root directory but thats the only way it works without the phpbb common.php error.

server root path to phpbb: home/ste/public_html/

server path to wordpress: I used /wordp or home/ste/public_html/wordp

also trying to troubleshoot this logs me out from wp admin only

phpbb Authentication settings:

phpbb2wp

wp path: /wordp/
Last edited by Ozo on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:40 pm

Ozo wrote:Hi, I'm getting
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/wordp/wp-content/themes/phpBB/includes/wp_phpbb_bridge_core.php on line 934: Creating default object from empty value
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4996: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4997: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3956)

Path to phpbb: ../
my phpbb is in root directory but thats the only way it works without the phpbb common.php error.

server root path to phpbb home/ste/public_html/

/wordp server path to wordpress or home/ste/public_html/wordp

also trying to troubleshoot this logs me out from wp admin only

Hi there,

Those 2 Cannot modify header information errors, I have several people report it in private and for some odd reason I can't reproduce it. Mind you I been doing most of my testing on a window box and not a linux one. That shouldn't matter but I will check that out.

As for the other php error, can you please link me to a page that it doing it on?

As far as logging out of wp-admin, you go over to your blog homepage and use the logout link there. You can also logout from your forum and it will do the same thing. I had to disable the logout link in wp-admin as everytime I go to change it it will error out on me.

Also did you configure the path to wordpress in the ACP?

Also are you running the latest version of this bridge?

Ozo

Post by Ozo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:48 pm

:) Yes I edited my post but you beat me to it. I sure did set the phpbb ACP in.

using latest phpbb3 and just downloaded the MOD 30 or so min ago from first page of this topic.

Seems happens on every wordpress page
http://www.meztli.x10.mx/wordp/

Thanks

Danielx64

Post by Danielx64 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:56 pm

Ok I think your first problem is that you may have not configured the correct ID for your wordpress founder and phpbb founder ID in your wp-admin. Can you please make sure that it is correct?

Also with the path to wordpress in the ACP, you got that set incorrectly, it should be /home/<username>/public_html/wordp/ or /../../../wordp/

Also I should point out that you can have your blog in / and your forums in /forums/.

Also for some reason I'm not getting logged in into your wordpress blog.

(I've created an account on the forums to help with testing)

Also may I ask what mods you got installed on your forum? I'm starting to wonder if there a conflict of some sort going on as well.

Edit: I just taken a look and those errors at wordpress are gone. Now I may need to create a proper fix for your board style so that it doesn't look so out of place.
Last edited by Danielx64 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”