[ABD] Topics Only Visible to topic starter/moderators

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Re: [DEV] Topics Only Visible to topic starter/moderators

Post by Jessica »

Mr.Ze wrote:You should also add a permission "Post topic Only visible to OP".
And "See own only visible to OP topics"

Because we would like that users can post things such as complaints, but we don't want other users to be able to view them or post in them, only creators and staff.
The mod already does that...there's a permission to see OP only topics and there's a setting for each forum to make the topics only visible to OP and those with the permission.
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
frec

Post by frec »

any plan to port this MOD to phpbb 3.1 extension?
Danielx64
Name: Daniel

Post by Danielx64 »

There is no plans to port any of my mods to phpBB 3.1.

Sorry.
Please note that I will not be porting any of my mods to phpBB 3.1. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.
frec

Post by frec »

ok thank you for the information.
hopefully someone will be able to port it for 3.1
Jade23

Post by Jade23 »

Hi Daniel,

So I've got a few problems and I'm not sure why it's acting this way. I went to the link you provided and downloaded the mod that you had gotten from the original developer. I went ahead and made the edits, however, when I tried to apply the SQL into my database, it kept coming back saying this:

Code: Select all

SQL query:

INSERT INTO fst_acl_options( auth_option, is_global, is_local, founder_only ) 
VALUES (

'f_op_only_view', 0, 1, 0
);

MySQL said: Documentation

#1062 - Duplicate entry 'f_op_only_view' for key 'auth_option' 
This is the first time I've installed this mod so I have no idea why there would be a duplicate already. Plus when I go to look through my database, I'm not finding anywhere where this was put into it. I went back to my forum, through the ACP and realized that the mod was showing in the permissions forum area even though my SQL told me that it wasn't created..?

So I thought I had gone too fast trying to install it and missed something. So I went back to installing it all (I had stopped when the SQL wasn't submitting into my database). Everything went fine, however, I ran into a few bugs. When I went to search the forum, it came up with General Error code which I couldn't figure out how to correct so I had to go into the search.php file and delete the edit made there to fix that bug. When I went back into the ACP I enabled the group permissions, but when I go to enable it on the forum, I get this:

Code: Select all

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'forum_op_only_view' in 'field list' [1054]

SQL

UPDATE fst_forums SET parent_id = 111, forum_type = 1, forum_status = 0, forum_parents = '', forum_name = 'Narrator Support', forum_link = '', forum_desc = '', forum_desc_uid = '', forum_desc_options = 7, forum_desc_bitfield = '', forum_rules = '', forum_rules_uid = '', forum_rules_options = 7, forum_rules_bitfield = '', forum_rules_link = '', forum_image = '', forum_style = 0, forum_op_only_view = 1, display_subforum_list = 1, display_on_index = 0, forum_topics_per_page = 0, enable_indexing = 1, enable_icons = 0, enable_prune = 0, prune_days = 7, prune_viewed = 7, prune_freq = 1, forum_flags = 48 WHERE forum_id = 112

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 193
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_forums.php
LINE: 1232
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/acp/acp_forums.php
LINE: 187
CALL: acp_forums->update_forum_data()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 507
CALL: acp_forums->main()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 74
CALL: p_master->load_active()
From the information I collected on the web, this is telling me that I don't have the SQL installed..? But then my database is telling me that it is installed? The mod isn't screwing up my forum thankfully, it's just not working. So I'm wondering what exactly is going on and how can I fix this? My php version is 3.0.12— would it not be compatible with this version? Anyway, hope to hear from you soon!

--------Edit---------

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Wasn't sure where to put it and/or who would look at it.
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Post by Paul »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the mod author has not been active recently. If the MOD author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the MOD Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this MOD, or any other mod that is marked as “abandoned” or “in development”, on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Modifications Team

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”