[ABD] Simple Points System 0.5.1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Ganon_master

Re: [BETA] Simple Points System

Post by Ganon_master » Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:10 am

Yes it should work fine with RC4.
Please do not PM me with support questions! I'm getting fed up with people asking.

saz3rx

Post by saz3rx » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:44 am

Will you update this mod further? I have few suggestions for this mod :)

Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:15 am

Feature list has been frozen for a long time. No new features will be added.
Please do not PM me with support questions! I'm getting fed up with people asking.

mYrAns

Post by mYrAns » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:44 pm

how on earth do u install this? :S could u make a 1,2,3 list starting at unpacking the zip, and ending at "and ur done" plzz :P thanks :D

Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:12 pm

1. Read this and this.
  2. Unzip the file.
  3. Open simple_points_system_0.4.0c.xml with your favorite web browser.
  4. Do what the file tells you to do.
  5. Open templates/prosilver.xml or templates/subsilver2.xml, depending on the style you are using.
  6. Do what the files tell you to do.
  7. Stop asking stupid questions.
  8. And you are done.

Pinner

Post by Pinner » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Alright so, I have installed it all properly, I'm pretty beyond sure of that.

The problem I'm experiencing is that when I post my point count does not go up. I have it set on new topic 3, and reply 1. But nothing happens.
"I would rather live and love where death is king than have eternal life where love is not..." - Robert Green Ingersoll

The Dark Crusade
An Age of Conan Guild
http://www.thedarkcrusade.com

Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:56 pm

Pinner wrote:The problem I'm experiencing is that when I post my point count does not go up. I have it set on new topic 3, and reply 1. But nothing happens.
Set the proper permissions in the ACP. Set them for every group for every forum. That's the only reason for not earning points.

Pinner

Post by Pinner » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:14 pm

Ganon_master wrote:
Pinner wrote:The problem I'm experiencing is that when I post my point count does not go up. I have it set on new topic 3, and reply 1. But nothing happens.
Set the proper permissions in the ACP. Set them for every group for every forum. That's the only reason for not earning points.
Yeah lol, I figured it out.

I really love the mod, I really appreciate that it works (unlike the other one I tried).

I do have a feature request however.

Back when I was using phpbb2's cash hack, there was a feature that made it so that when a user registered they would receive X amount of points if set, could you perhaps bring that back in this? If its not "simple" then don't bother it isn't worth the time, but if it is doable, it would be a great feature to have. :)
"I would rather live and love where death is king than have eternal life where love is not..." - Robert Green Ingersoll

The Dark Crusade
An Age of Conan Guild

Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:32 pm

Pinner wrote:I do have a feature request however.
Look a few posts up. You'll find this one:
Ganon_master wrote:Feature list has been frozen for a long time. No new features will be added.
Pinner wrote:Edit: By the way is there a way to edit the "Accesses", basically when you choose a role it gives you a list of different accesses and I'd like to change them, rather than change a user forum by forum. I don't even know if your mod permits changes anywhere else besides forum by forum however.
You mean that you want to change the default "Earn points" setting for a permission role? Go to the ACP, Permissions, Permission Roles, and edit the permission roles from there.

Is that what you where asking? (or am I getting you wrong?)

Pinner

Post by Pinner » Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:59 pm

Ganon_master wrote:
Pinner wrote:I do have a feature request however.
Look a few posts up. You'll find this one:
Ganon_master wrote:Feature list has been frozen for a long time. No new features will be added.
Pinner wrote:Edit: By the way is there a way to edit the "Accesses", basically when you choose a role it gives you a list of different accesses and I'd like to change them, rather than change a user forum by forum. I don't even know if your mod permits changes anywhere else besides forum by forum however.
You mean that you want to change the default "Earn points" setting for a permission role? Go to the ACP, Permissions, Permission Roles, and edit the permission roles from there.

Is that what you where asking? (or am I getting you wrong?)
1. Okay on the feature list thing.
1a. If I do what you said in an earlier post, by updating the SQL with that little bit of code you gave, you said you could change the "1000" to whatever we wanted our users to have when they registered, would that work - and once that bit of SQL has been added, can you remove or edit the number? (Semi-new to databasing).

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` CHANGE `user_points` `user_points` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1000'
2. Yeah that was what I was asking, after a lot of searching I had found it and removed that question from my post. :)

The Dark Crusade
An Age of Conan Guild

Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:14 pm

Pinner wrote: 1a. If I do what you said in an earlier post, by updating the SQL with that little bit of code you gave, you said you could change the "1000" to whatever we wanted our users to have when they registered, would that work - and once that bit of SQL has been added, can you remove or edit the number? (Semi-new to databasing).

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_users` CHANGE `user_points` `user_points` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1000'
There is no option in the ACP for this. You will have to do it manually using that query every time you wish to edit the number.

Pinner

Post by Pinner » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:41 pm

Okay yeah thats what I wanted to know, and that will only be the amount of the user registering, not when they post or anything correct?

Thanks for all the help Ganon, I appreciate it immensely!

The Dark Crusade
An Age of Conan Guild

Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:56 pm

Pinner wrote:Okay yeah thats what I wanted to know, and that will only be the amount of the user registering, not when they post or anything correct?
Just the amount they will receive when they register. Nothing else.

Pinner

Post by Pinner » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:07 pm

Ganon_master wrote:
Pinner wrote:Okay yeah thats what I wanted to know, and that will only be the amount of the user registering, not when they post or anything correct?
Just the amount they will receive when they register. Nothing else.
Alright, thanks a ton Ganon, good luck with all your mods and such! :)

The Dark Crusade
An Age of Conan Guild

mYrAns

Post by mYrAns » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:29 am

ive installed the mod now, how do i change how many points they get for posting and stuff? sorry if these questions are stupid, but its the first mod i install :oops: :?

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”