[ABD] Simple Points System 0.5.1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Ganon_master

Re: [BETA] Simple Points System 0.5.1

Post by Ganon_master » Fri May 23, 2008 9:07 am

xxxgamer wrote:No errors :( ive just noticed tho when I set it to NO and apply permissions and go back in it has reset itself to YES again :S
That probably can't be a problem with this MOD. All this mod does is add a new permission. Did you set all the permissions for ALL your forums?
Please do not PM me with support questions! I'm getting fed up with people asking.

scottbu123

Post by scottbu123 » Sun May 25, 2008 3:52 pm

Yeah, I would say donations is a pretty important feature if the webmaster wants to have a marketplace like mine:
http://tttforums.co.cc/
I'm using an old version of this MOD that still allows donations.

callumacrae
Former Team Member
Name: Callum Macrae

Post by callumacrae » Sun May 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Is it possible to get the old version from anywhere?

I'm using a cash MOD similar to this, but I think it needs donations. Far too much trouble.
macr.ae = my website. you probably won't like it.
Proud user ofProud user of

Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master » Mon May 26, 2008 8:37 am

Callum95 wrote:Is it possible to get the old version from anywhere?

I'm using a cash MOD similar to this, but I think it needs donations. Far too much trouble.
The link is listed a few pages back. If you want to use the old version of the MOD you will not receive support from me.
scottbu123 wrote:Yeah, I would say donations is a pretty important feature if the webmaster wants to have a marketplace like mine:
It doesn't matter to me what the users of this MOD think. I created this MOD for myself and decided to share it with the community.
scottbu123 wrote: I'm using an old version of this MOD that still allows donations.
If you are using an old version of the MOD you will not receive support from me.
Please do not PM me with support questions! I'm getting fed up with people asking.

bmgbmg

Post by bmgbmg » Mon May 26, 2008 10:10 am

Hello!

When we are going to access a non-exist topic address , normally it will display "The requested topic does not exist". However, if we added this syntax "$user->add_lang('mods/points')" in the viewtopic.php, When we are going to access a non-exist topic address , The system will display an error message as shown below. Could you please fix it? Thanks.

Warning: strtr() [function.strtr]: The second argument is not an array in /var/www/vhosts/****.com/httpdocs/phpbb3/includes/session.php on line 1848

Warning: strtr() [function.strtr]: The second argument is not an array in /var/www/vhosts/****.com/httpdocs/phpbb3/includes/session.php on line 1848

Warning: strtr() [function.strtr]: The second argument is not an array in /var/www/vhosts/*****.com/httpdocs/phpbb3/includes/session.php on line 1848

parasolx
Name: Hadafi

Post by parasolx » Thu May 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Ganon_master wrote:
parasolx wrote:
Ganon_master wrote:Can you check if there's another (duplicate) entry for f_points.
I have check about the duplicate entry in the database... Definitely there is NO duplicate. Only one entry shows in phpbb_acl_options table. If you want me to upload any files, i can do it.
Stay put, I'll try to figure some things out.
i just wanna to remind that my problem still not solve. Have you found any conclusion or solving? should i alter the database? i have look no duplicate. or you need any files that i can upload to you. Thanks again.

Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master » Fri May 30, 2008 6:40 am

parasolx wrote:
Ganon_master wrote:
parasolx wrote:
Ganon_master wrote:Can you check if there's another (duplicate) entry for f_points.
I have check about the duplicate entry in the database... Definitely there is NO duplicate. Only one entry shows in phpbb_acl_options table. If you want me to upload any files, i can do it.
Stay put, I'll try to figure some things out.
i just wanna to remind that my problem still not solve. Have you found any conclusion or solving? should i alter the database? i have look no duplicate. or you need any files that i can upload to you. Thanks again.
Unfortunatly I can't help you. I cannot support upgrading while this MOD is in BETA. Once the MOD has reached RC or FINAL status, I will start making upgrade scripts.

parasolx
Name: Hadafi

Post by parasolx » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:52 am

ok..thnk you... i w8 until this script reach the RC.. thanks for helping me... but the script working in perfect...

danielnguyen

Post by danielnguyen » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:14 pm

I think that you shouldn't remove donation function because if someone want to give points to their friends, they can give easily. And I think that you should add a funtion that admins can increase or decrese points of anyuser they want!
I hope you can do it! Great Mod!
My forum, for just teen only with many happy things
Cộng Đồng Teen Online - Cộng Đồng Teen Việt - Teen Việt Nam
Hội Ngộ - Giao Lưu - Học Hỏi - Giải Trí - Kết Bạn
http://www.congdongteenonline.net

Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:07 am

danielnguyen wrote:I think that you shouldn't remove donation function because if someone want to give points to their friends, they can give easily.

I already said that I don't need that feature myself.
danielnguyen wrote:And I think that you should add a funtion that admins can increase or decrese points of anyuser they want!
You can already do that in the ACP.

danielnguyen

Post by danielnguyen » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:04 am

@ Gannon_master::
I have known that you don't need that feature but someone should need it, so, why don't you add that feature to make your mod more pro? I will say thank you for that job! :D

Donation is the only feature that users can exchange point together!
Because I like your mod, so I want to give you that opinion, and also hope you can do that although you don't need! Just a honest opinion, ok!
Regards!
My forum, for just teen only with many happy things
Cộng Đồng Teen Online - Cộng Đồng Teen Việt - Teen Việt Nam
Hội Ngộ - Giao Lưu - Học Hỏi - Giải Trí - Kết Bạn
http://www.congdongteenonline.net

scriptking1

Post by scriptking1 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:23 am

Finding all the lines, and placing the code after it worked perfectly fine for me. The only problem I'm having is that when I point my browser to the db_update.php file, it goes to a page in my forums and says, "You are unauthorized to access." Other than that, modifying the code went fine, but I still can't see any of the changes because of that dilema. Please help, if you can't help me with the db_update file, could you atleast tell me what I should name the table in the database so that I can install it manually. Thank You!! :mrgreen:

P.S. I looked at the update file, and I think that authorization has to do with this:

Code: Select all

// Start session management
$user->session_begin();
$auth->acl($user->data);
$user->setup('common');

if (!$auth->acl_get('a_'))
{
	trigger_error($user->lang['NOT_AUTHORISED']);
}

$db->sql_return_on_error(true);

Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:09 pm

@scriptking1: The script says you don't have admin rights. There is a simple fix, but it will expose the file to all the members of your board. To enable access to everyone, remove this code from the file:

{
}
@danielnguyen: I did not create this MOD just so other people could use it. I created this MOD, because I want to use it myself as a base for bigger MODs I am working on. I refuse to add the donation feature back into this MOD as I find it not usefull enough.

However, I might release it as a seperate MOD (or put it in the contrib folder) because you people won't shut up about it. :evil: It's really getting on my nerves. I will create a seperate MOD for it, but I will NOT actively support it. You'll get what you want. Be happy. Now stop nagging about it.

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:48 pm

German Translation

<?php
/**
* points [German]
* @package phpBB3
* @file $Id: functions_points.php, v 0.5.1
* @copyright (c) 2008 phpBB Gaming
* @license http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU Public License 
*/

/**
* DO NOT CHANGE
*/
if(!defined('IN_PHPBB'))
{
	exit;
}

if (empty($lang) || !is_array($lang))
{
	$lang = array();
}

// DEVELOPERS PLEASE NOTE
//
// All language files should use UTF-8 as their encoding and the files must not contain a BOM.
//
// Placeholders can now contain order information, e.g. instead of
// 'Page %s of %s' you can (and should) write 'Page %1$s of %2$s', this allows
// translators to re-order the output of data while ensuring it remains correct
//
// You do not need this where single placeholders are used, e.g. 'Message %d' is fine
// equally where a string contains only two placeholders which are used to wrap text
// in a url you again do not need to specify an order e.g., 'Click %sHERE%s' is fine
//
// Some characters you may want to copy&paste:
// ’ » “ ” …
//

$lang = array_merge($lang, array(
	'GENERAL_POINTS'				=> 'Punkte System',
	'ENABLE_POINTS'					=> 'Aktiviere Punkte System',
	'POINTS_PER_TOPIC'				=> 'Anzahl an Punkten fuer ein neues Thema',
	'POINTS_PER_POST'				=> 'Anzahl an Punkten fuer eine Antwort',
	'POINTS_NAME'					=> 'Punkte Name',
	'POINTS_EARNED'					=> 'Du hast %1$d %2$s verdient fuer diesen Post.',

'acl_f_points'					=> array('lang' => 'Can earn points.', 'cat' => 'misc'),
));

?>
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

MasterHand

Post by MasterHand » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:31 pm

Ganon_master wrote:@scriptking1: The script says you don't have admin rights. There is a simple fix, but it will expose the file to all the members of your board. To enable access to everyone, remove this code from the file:

{
}
@danielnguyen: I did not create this MOD just so other people could use it. I created this MOD, because I want to use it myself as a base for bigger MODs I am working on. I refuse to add the donation feature back into this MOD as I find it not usefull enough.

However, I might release it as a seperate MOD (or put it in the contrib folder) because you people won't shut up about it. :evil: It's really getting on my nerves. I will create a seperate MOD for it, but I will NOT actively support it. You'll get what you want. Be happy. Now stop nagging about it.
Well said. If it where me who wanted that feature, I would just code it myself. That way there's no pressure on Ganon_master. Seriously people, if you really wanted it, like now, you could code a simple script that adds and takes points.

Its not that hard :| .
One more thing....No support via PM!

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”