[ABD] Simple Points System 0.5.1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Ganon_master

Re: [BETA] Simple Points System

Post by Ganon_master »

I'll see if I can make some time to add a donate feature. Just be patient. ;)
Please do not PM me with support questions! I'm getting fed up with people asking.
notaloafer

Post by notaloafer »

Ganon_master wrote:I'll see if I can make some time to add a donate feature. Just be patient. ;)
Will do =) Please post when you do get it done though, I'm anxious!

-Eric.
lordmythus

Post by lordmythus »

This looks like an interesting mod... but I have a problem...

I have installed the mod as the instructions dictate. However I go and post, and I get this error message...
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE user_id = 2' at line 3 [1064]

SQL

UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_points = user_points + WHERE user_id = 2

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 133
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_error()

FILE: includes/mods/functions_points.php
LINE: 27
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: posting.php
LINE: 968
CALL: add_points()
[/quote]

I would like to know how a.)to fix this or b.)to remove this so i won't get this error. Please note that I am new to phpbb... perhaps the one thing I definitely miss are package installers...
Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master »

For now only answer to a.)
a.)Make sure you set the points earned in the ACP. If you manually added the SQL queries, make sure you purge the cache.
Please do not PM me with support questions! I'm getting fed up with people asking.
lordmythus

Post by lordmythus »

Man I feel like such a nOOb...

OK please forgive my stupidity.. I am obviously missing something here...

1.) You said to set the points in the ACP. Please tell me where exactly... I don't see any place in the ACP to do this.

2.) ow um I might remember how to do this later, but for some reason I can't think straight lol. So where do I purge the cache.

I installed the mod following the mod instructions (manually putting in the database stuff, changing the info in the files on my computer, and uploading the changed files manually to my database. Doing all that you'd think I'd know how to purge the cache...
Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master »

lordmythus wrote:Man I feel like such a nOOb...
1.) You said to set the points in the ACP. Please tell me where exactly... I don't see any place in the ACP to do this.
In the ACP menu, there is a title called "Board configuration". Click "Post Settings" in that list. A new page opens. Bottom of the page. ;)
lordmythus wrote: 2.) ow um I might remember how to do this later, but for some reason I can't think straight lol. So where do I purge the cache.
On the main ACP page, there is a block with the name "Resynchronise or reset statistics". It's the last button in that block.
lordmythus

Post by lordmythus »

Heh right there in front of me all this time.

I think I just been staring at the computer too long... I can't believe I missed that.

Thanks for your help, it works great.
jon123

Post by jon123 »

Ganon_master wrote:I'll see if I can make some time to add a donate feature. Just be patient. ;)

Awasome Cant wait i also need this added good job Ganon_master ;)
fiorefrank

Post by fiorefrank »

a nice mod!!
good work
thoaw

Post by thoaw »

Hi,

Mod works great, once you realise you need to update the forum permission roles to allow points to be earned! :)

I know that your ADR port will use this points mod, I look forward to other mods supporting this points mod as well.
awiekupos

Post by awiekupos »

Nice mod and finally I got it working in my test forum.
Just wondering, you had below image in your first post. I'm using phpbb33 and prosilver theme and does this image appear after member submit a post or make a reply?

In my case, the point is updated but member did not get screenshot like below. It would be nice if they can see that they hard earned XX number of points.

Cheers!
http://www.emenang.com/v3
Biggest Contest Forum in Malaysia
Got any contest? Feel free to post it here.
Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master »

If you are using RC2, it is best you wait for the next update.(will be out soon) Some lines have changed from RC1 to RC2, so this version is a little incompatible.

And yes, the image is supposed to appear after the user submits a post. It probably isn't showing up for you because of the changes between RC1 and RC2.
Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master »

Updated to 0.4.0
-Donations
-Moderator points modification
-RC2 compatible

Just a little reminder, that this MOD is development quality. I had very little time to test this myself, so use with caution.
Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master »

Updated to 0.4.0a
-Essential bugfixes.
-m_points permission added.

Anyone who has 0.4.0 installed should uninstall the MOD, and install the new 0.4.0a.
bass.exe21

Post by bass.exe21 »

How will i update from 0.3.1 to 0.4.0a? I deleted the install file for 0.3.1 so I cannot uninstall it.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”