[ABD] Simple Points System 0.5.1

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Abera

Re: [BETA] Simple Points System 0.5.1

Post by Abera » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:37 am

Im running 3.0.3 as just about everyone is now. There is no line like this. It looks like no one else is having a problem with it so, how are they fixing it. No points are being posted at my site.

'search' => ($auth->acl_get('u_search')) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}search.$phpEx", 'search_author=' . urlencode($row['username']) .'&showresults=posts') : '',

Thanks

NeoID

Post by NeoID » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:09 pm

In order to make this mod more useful, the value for how many points a user gets for posting a new topic/post should be set on a forum-level.

Personally I only want my users to receive points from posting in one particular forum... :)
Norsk Anime Forum
http://www.AnimeNord.com

Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:26 pm

NeoID wrote:In order to make this mod more useful, the value for how many points a user gets for posting a new topic/post should be set on a forum-level.

Personally I only want my users to receive points from posting in one particular forum... :)
Then set the permissions for that one subforum only. If I remember correctly, the point earning is a forum based permission.
Please do not PM me with support questions! I'm getting fed up with people asking.

NeoID

Post by NeoID » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:37 am

Ganon_master wrote:
NeoID wrote:In order to make this mod more useful, the value for how many points a user gets for posting a new topic/post should be set on a forum-level.

Then set the permissions for that one subforum only. If I remember correctly, the point earning is a forum based permission.
Oh.. maybe I overlooked it... I'll take a second look at it, thank you...

Another idea... would be cool if you could set some goals... I mean.. if a user gets 100 points, he/she will get a new rank and/or added to another group... if he/she earns 200points the rank (or group) changes again... :)
Norsk Anime Forum
http://www.AnimeNord.com

madguy

Post by madguy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:41 pm

If I install this mod, I get a new permission for admins, moders, users and forums each (!). They are all called { acl_f_points } (???) and they are on (!). Also, where can I change all these point settings?

madguy

Post by madguy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:57 am

*sigh* Well, at least the second question is easy. Why don't you want to answer it?

Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:30 am

madguy wrote:*sigh* Well, at least the second question is easy. Why don't you want to answer it?
Because there have been over a hundred people who asked that same question in this topic. Read the topic before you reply.
Please do not PM me with support questions! I'm getting fed up with people asking.

darkonia

Post by darkonia » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:39 am

NeoID wrote:
Ganon_master wrote:

Oh.. maybe I overlooked it... I'll take a second look at it, thank you...

Another idea... would be cool if you could set some goals... I mean.. if a user gets 100 points, he/she will get a new rank and/or added to another group... if he/she earns 200points the rank (or group) changes again... :)
its a simple points mod, and when you need more then take the advance Points mod...
MMOG-Heaven - Das Gaming Portal
Community bedeutet Gleichgesinnte finden - MMOG-Heaven ist Deine Community! Von Spielern für Spieler bietet Dir dieses Portal genau das, was ein Spieler braucht. Bleibe ständig informiert, finde die neuesten MMORPGs, oder suche die frischesten News aus der Welt des Online Gamings - dieses und vieles mehr erwartet Dich auf MMOG-Heaven.

madguy

Post by madguy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:44 pm

Oh yeah. Found these point settings, but the bug with permissions is stil present.

Brandin

Post by Brandin » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:20 am

Hello, i would like to make a trading community with this mod, but reading the notes for 0.5.1 you removed donations, will you be bringing it back?

Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:01 pm

Brandin wrote:Hello, i would like to make a trading community with this mod, but reading the notes for 0.5.1 you removed donations, will you be bringing it back?
I am most likely not bringing them back.

Brandin

Post by Brandin » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:12 pm

Is there anyway to convince you to make a mod that is easy to install, and can send points to each other?

Ganon_master

Post by Ganon_master » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:09 am

Brandin wrote:Is there anyway to convince you to make a mod that is easy to install,
Isn't it simple enough? :| You want to have somebody to hold you're hand while you're installing it?
Brandin wrote:and can send points to each other?
I removed that feature because I didn't need it in the end, so I'm not bringing it back.

wang5555
Translator

Post by wang5555 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:39 am

Ganon_master wrote:
Brandin wrote:Hello, i would like to make a trading community with this mod, but reading the notes for 0.5.1 you removed donations, will you be bringing it back?
I am most likely not bringing them back.
But I think:
Include "Donation" function like compares interesting and appropriate to human nature.
It is more blessed to give than to reveive, welcome to letter, thanks & good-bye!
Good luck ^_^
Welcome to my forum!!
http://wang5555.hopto.org/phpBB3/
p.s. Shut down computer before 11 clock night!!!

Meados

Post by Meados » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:56 pm

Hello great mod! I like things simple.

However I would like to use decimal points for example points for user reply = 12.5

I tried insert 12.5 in acp but it changes it back to 12.

What files/sql need I edit to it work with these numbers? Thanks you very much.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”