[ABD] Arcade Room 0.6.9c

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Peter77sx

Re: [Beta] Arcade Room 0.6.9b

Post by Peter77sx »

Not sure if that was towards me, but No editor used with this MOD. this is a simple install.
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

@newsoftw - you need to recheck your edits, not only on the Arcade edits but for the SEO mod also. Make sure you use an editor that doesn't use a Bom signature such as Notepad++

@Peter77sx - There are only two Items on the ACP for the Arcade currently. The Arcade settings and Manage Arcade.
I am perplexed on the "MySQL server has gone away [2006]" Does this only occur with the Arcade mod install or when the Arcade mod is in use?
Or have you seen it other times.
What php version and Mysql version do you have?
When all else fails, read the instructions
patrikstar

Post by patrikstar »

once again i am an idiot i messed up the xml file for the style edits

Open: styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html

find:

Code: Select all

<li class="icon-arcade"><a href="arcade.php" title="{L_VISIT_ROOM}">{L_ARCADE}</a></li>::after::<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_MEMBERLIST --><li class="icon-members"><a href="{U_MEMBERLIST}" title="{L_MEMBERLIST_EXPLAIN}">{L_MEMBERLIST}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->';
$style_edits['styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html'][0] = '        <h3 style="font-size:9px; width:50px; margin:3px 2px 2px 8px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px">{L_TROPHIES}</h3>
        <dd style="height:20px"><strong>{GOLD}:</strong> {postrow.USER_GOLD}</dd>
        <dd style="height:20px"><strong>{SILVER}:</strong> {postrow.USER_SILVER}</dd>
        <dd style="height:20px"><strong>{BRONZE}:</strong> {postrow.USER_BRONZE}</dd>
Replace:

<h3 style="font-size:9px; width:50px; margin:3px 2px 2px 8px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px">{L_TROPHIES}</h3>
newsoftw

Post by newsoftw »

patrikstar wrote:once again i am an idiot i messed up the xml file for the style edits

Open: styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html

find:

<li class="icon-arcade"><a href="arcade.php" title="{L_VISIT_ROOM}">{L_ARCADE}</a></li>::after::<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_MEMBERLIST --><li class="icon-members"><a href="{U_MEMBERLIST}" title="{L_MEMBERLIST_EXPLAIN}">{L_MEMBERLIST}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->';
$style_edits['styles/prosilver/template/viewtopic_body.html'][0] = '        <h3 style="font-size:9px; width:50px; margin:3px 2px 2px 8px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px">{L_TROPHIES}</h3>
Replace:

<h3 style="font-size:9px; width:50px; margin:3px 2px 2px 8px; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px">{L_TROPHIES}</h3>

thanks 4 great helping...

the some extra view add in user profile in forum topic is seccussfully solved but now only two error's are still here..

when i upload the games by ACP manage it is give me some error and game is not installed..
sreen shoot

i think some option is not present in my forum ACP Arcade sittings..
not present option
1. guest plays increase plays count(setting via ACP)
2.update check (displayed in ACP)
3.automatic update (option in ACP)
4.users can comment on games (setting via ACP)
5.reset ratings on a per game status (option in ACP)
sreen shoot

Ladysarajane wrote:@newsoftw - you need to recheck your edits, not only on the Arcade edits but for the SEO mod also. Make sure you use an editor that doesn't use a Bom signature such as Notepad++
first of all Mr. Ladysarajane the problem is not my editing & also i use Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 for editing, not using Bom signature such as Notepad and secondly i am not using any SEO mod in my forum and thirdly the all problem's are in xml file [ some thing worng or missing in xml ] and also some problem solved & fixed by Mr. patrikstar....
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp »

If you had read a few posts back, you'd know that that's all the options this arcade has. I'm sure Star will add more options in future releases but as far as I know, and the last time I used it, that's all the options.

Edit: Since you say you save without BOM, make sure there's no spaces or anything before the opening PHP tags in functions.php
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
gawaindc

Post by gawaindc »

Hi I am getting the same error as above when trying to add games to a new install of this mod. Though everything else has installed and is working fine.

Could someone tell me where the uploaded flash games are being uploaded to so I can check that the folder has the correct write permissions or let me know if there is anything I need to amend to my code to rectify the problem. I saw Patrik post an edit above, but it seems to be for a style edit which is unrelated.

Thanks in advance
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp »

If you are having permissions problems or images/flash not showing up please chmod the /arcade/, /arcade/images/ and /arcade/tmp/ directories to 777. Always remember to purge the cache after installing mods.

That's from Patrick from the first page, try that...
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
newsoftw

Post by newsoftw »

Drugs wrote:If you are having permissions problems or images/flash not showing up please chmod the /arcade/, /arcade/images/ and /arcade/tmp/ directories to 777. Always remember to purge the cache after installing mods.

That's from Patrick from the first page, try that...
i all try it but above error's same still with me.... :( :( :(
patrikstar

Post by patrikstar »

it is having permission problems are you on a linux or microsoft hosting

newsoft do you mind pming me ur aim or msn or something
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Ladysarajane wrote: @Peter77sx - There are only two Items on the ACP for the Arcade currently. The Arcade settings and Manage Arcade.
I am perplexed on the "MySQL server has gone away [2006]" Does this only occur with the Arcade mod install or when the Arcade mod is in use?
Or have you seen it other times.
What php version and Mysql version do you have?

php 5.2.6 and mysql 5

Only happens when viewing arcade.php page and can't get into the ACP settings and I could keep going on.. it's alright though. thanks for all the help, I appreciate it. :)
newsoftw

Post by newsoftw »

patrikstar wrote:it is having permission problems are you on a linux or microsoft hosting

newsoft do you mind pming me ur aim or msn or something
thxxx dear & my hosting is linux but now how to solve my some problem's in my forum...
now in my forum not any game install & some option not present in my ACP & when i click Favorites or Arcade folderin arcade room so it wil show some debuging

Favorites

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewcategory.php on line 123: Undefined variable: sql_addition
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewcategory.php on line 167: Undefined variable: sql_addition2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewcategory.php on line 324: Undefined variable: sql_addition
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewcategory.php on line 364: Undefined variable: sql_addition
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewcategory.php on line 404: Undefined variable: sql_addition
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewcategory.php on line 454: Undefined variable: sql_addition
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewcategory.php on line 545: Undefined variable: sql_addition
Arcade [ i create this folder manually ]

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewcategory.php on line 167: Undefined variable: sql_addition2
plz how to fix it all
i am so confuse about all
gawaindc

Post by gawaindc »

I can confirm that the permissions settings are not the cause of the adding game problem detailed above. I have changed both the sub-folders to permission set 777 and am still getting add game errors.

The following is the error I get, and the game is not added.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_arcade.php on line 462: move_uploaded_file(./../arcade/6cf085fc86.swf) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/acp/acp_arcade.php on line 462: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpTdW2mt' to './../arcade/6cf085fc86.swf'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 154: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 156: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 157: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /adm/index.php on line 158: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

newsoftw wrote:first of all Mr. Ladysarajane the problem is not my editing & also i use Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 for editing, not using Bom signature such as Notepad and secondly i am not using any SEO mod in my forum and thirdly the all problem's are in xml file [ some thing worng or missing in xml ] and also some problem solved & fixed by Mr. patrikstar....
FIRST off THAT is MS. LADYSARAJANE AS to the editing with Adobe Dreamweaver, unless it is the newest edition of it, It will cause problems with adding spaces into files.

SECOND you have or have had SEO mod on your forum. Evidence by:
I can see the ACP_CAT_PHPBB_SEO on one of your ACP tabs.

AND LAST whenever I see a debug issue with "Cannot Modify Header Information-Headers already sent out"
THAT is 95% of the time an EDITING error somewhere or a cache template clearing problem.

@Peter77sx - My hosting and local server are both those versions, so that doesn't seem to be a problem. Do you have access to your php.ini file?
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

:oops: Accidently posted twice. Sorry.
Last edited by Ladysarajane on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newsoftw

Post by newsoftw »

Ladysarajane wrote:
newsoftw wrote:first of all Mr. Ladysarajane the problem is not my editing & also i use Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 for editing, not using Bom signature such as Notepad and secondly i am not using any SEO mod in my forum and thirdly the all problem's are in xml file [ some thing worng or missing in xml ] and also some problem solved & fixed by Mr. patrikstar....
FIRST off THAT is MS. LADYSARAJANE AS to the editing with Adobe Dreamweaver, unless it is the newest edition of it, It will cause problems with adding spaces into files.

SECOND you have or have had SEO mod on your forum. Evidence by:
I can see the ACP_CAT_PHPBB_SEO on one of your ACP tabs.

AND LAST whenever I see a debug issue with "Cannot Modify Header Information-Headers already sent out"
THAT is 95% of the time an EDITING error somewhere or a cache template clearing problem.

@Peter77sx - My hosting and local server are both those versions, so that doesn't seem to be a problem. Do you have access to your php.ini file?
Adobe Dreamweaver is one of the best editer for php file, but if can see it
ok dear no pro & i will all file send u if can edit it....
secondly ACP_CAT_PHPBB_SEO this not SEO, it's GYM mod if u known it

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”