[ABD] Arcade Room 0.6.9c

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
patrikstar

Re: [Beta] Arcade Room 0.6.9b

Post by patrikstar » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:10 am

All finished work can be viewed on my forum unless it has to do with the ACP

http://www.phpar.com/

0.6.9c Image
-fix auto update in ACP Image
-quick game enable/disable in ACP Image
-arcade permissions Image
-javascript flash reisizing Image
-install game from zip file Image
-pm member on losing trophy Image
-link to an already uploaded swf file Image
-arcade stats Image
-random link (takes you to a random game) Image
-quick jump boxes Image
-search games Image
-viewing info Image
-edit/remove specific highscore Image

Posted some screenshots of the new ACP http://www.phpar.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=109

patrikstar

Post by patrikstar » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:01 am

well i dont get many replies to my mod yet it has 144 downloads i am always open to suggestions

also since i am not porting an older mod and i am coding this arcade from scratch i am probably never going to be finished with endless possibilities in store i hope to please the community and would like some feedback from new users on how my mod is

Duck_FFRL

Post by Duck_FFRL » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:08 am

Hi Patrick. I'm using the 'b' version on my forums and everyone there loves it. Installing the games isn't hard at all, and installing the mod wasn't that difficult either. And I'm a novice when it comes to that. I do have problems with a lot of games not working... or games that have php files with them not doing the scores correctly. When that happens, it boots you back to the main page. Tried php newscores on and off. I do believe it's the game from the many posts in this thread, just trying to get a variety of them. Not sure if you're planning on tackling this issue in later releases. All in all, I like it.

patrikstar

Post by patrikstar » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:31 am

it was probably an ibpro game or v3 arcade game which i do not support yet

also the newscore option in 0.6.9c is eliminated cause it isn't necessary as i thought to do extra things as i did before

if you check out my site i use the latest build from each day and have many new features running to test out

i also enjoy having a game creation team to help in an effort to port games over to work specifically with this mod and have new games out there and not the same old ones you find everywhere

Duck_FFRL

Post by Duck_FFRL » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:13 pm

It's from Origon.dk. From opening the php file, I can see that they're IBPRO.

patrikstar

Post by patrikstar » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:12 pm

ok well 0.6.9c is almost completed i have it at 98% done and then i will start working on the install and update script building

Belied

Post by Belied » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:36 am

Hello Patrik! I just wanted to let you know that i've been using your arcade and have been enjoying it greatly! I have it on a private board that i built for family far and near and we've been enjoying the high score rivalries. We have a sick grandmother who's going through cancer chemotherapy and the games have made a great distraction for people sitting in hospital waiting rooms. Winterbells especially... we can't seem to get enough of that damn game. I hit 5.2 million today and had to step outside just to calm down. :lol:

Anyway - as for thoughts on upcoming versions - I see that you're giving it more support for high score reporting - awesome! An option to have the "Arcade Room" link take me straight to the All Games list would be pretty cool. I'm not sure some of my family members are recognizing the "All Games" link and think i only have a few games available to them.

But really, it all works as well as one could hope! I just wish some flash designers could make some head to head games for multiple players. These battles could be all the more fun.

Anyway, thanks Patrik!

patrikstar

Post by patrikstar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:48 pm

that is good to hear (except about your grandmother)

Another update to the community 0.6.9c is almost available i just have to code out the installation and update files i had alot of stuff to fix and change especially on larger boards where the more members and highscores i had way to many MySQL calls based on them I was hitting 2000 calls on my test board my new code is down to about 50 each time but doesnt change with more members or highscores

michaelrecycle

Post by michaelrecycle » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:03 pm

http://footballcrazy.net63.net/arcade.php

:?

Also if i edit common.php i get a MySQL error on the index page saying the hotlinks table doesn't exist :(

And the includes/constants.php edit- the arcadeconstants.php edit is not in the file.

Thanks for your help :)

I did install all tables.

patrikstar

Post by patrikstar » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:42 pm

have u uploaded all the necessary files and edited all the necessary files

Guz2k8

Post by Guz2k8 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:47 pm

I had no problem installing this on ProSilver. The arcade button up top shows up and there are trophies in the user post info. However, for all my other themes there isnt an arcade button/only an open space in the user post info with no trophies listed. If you go to arcade.php it will show up no matter what theme. Can you please help?

dannyflap

Post by dannyflap » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:39 pm

Guz2k8 wrote:I had no problem installing this on ProSilver. The arcade button up top shows up and there are trophies in the user post info. However, for all my other themes there isnt an arcade button/only an open space in the user post info with no trophies listed. If you go to arcade.php it will show up no matter what theme. Can you please help?
i think it is only available for prosilver at the moment isnt it?

dannyflap

Post by dannyflap » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:40 pm

cant wait for this to be done in subsilver2!

will complete my forum this!

Guz2k8

Post by Guz2k8 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:35 am

dannyflap wrote:
Guz2k8 wrote:I had no problem installing this on ProSilver. The arcade button up top shows up and there are trophies in the user post info. However, for all my other themes there isnt an arcade button/only an open space in the user post info with no trophies listed. If you go to arcade.php it will show up no matter what theme. Can you please help?
i think it is only available for prosilver at the moment isnt it?
I figured that meant all Prosilver based themes also, no?

PunkoJotaViL

Post by PunkoJotaViL » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:48 pm

mmmm...Thx !
Very Nice Work, i will try it, and if work i will translate to Spanish !!... ;)

---Edit---
Dont work 4 me : Show this >

Code: Select all

Error General
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'a6421384_phpbb9.AR_CATEGORIES_TABLE' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT category_id, category_name FROM AR_CATEGORIES_TABLE ORDER BY category_name

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 158
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/acp/acp_arcade.php
LINE: 874
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 471
CALL: acp_arcade->main()

FILE: adm/index.php
LINE: 74