[ABD] Welcome PM on First Login v2.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
matgallis

Re: [BETA] Welcome PM on First Login

Post by matgallis »

ok I got it to work... I ran the sql again but got the same "duplicate" errors for every input i tried (tried them all individually) went back to the forum and found it working fine. Just ran a test run and it's all good :D

How come the first message doesn't pop up onto the forum? Probably too difficult to get working.. oh well
yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

This is one mod I'm keeping track. :)
DualFusion

Post by DualFusion »

matgallis wrote:ok I got it to work... I ran the sql again but got the same "duplicate" errors for every input i tried (tried them all individually) went back to the forum and found it working fine. Just ran a test run and it's all good :D

How come the first message doesn't pop up onto the forum? Probably too difficult to get working.. oh well
That is good news :D And what do you mean about the first message doesnt pop out?
yexusbeliever wrote:This is one mod I'm keeping track. :)
Yay!! :D
Tufduc

Post by Tufduc »

Hi and thanks for the mod.

But...

I want to use a longer PM message but it is not taking it for some reason?
I can input it into the edit box but i will not preview the entire message or work for PM. It is cut off after so many lines.
Is there something i can do?

Thanks in advance
Cheers,

Tufduc
matgallis

Post by matgallis »

DualFusion wrote:
That is good news :D And what do you mean about the first message doesnt pop out?
I found out that users have to enable new personal messages to pop-out. It did this automatically in phpbb2 but I guess people became annoyed with it. I'm worried new users won't even notice the welcome PM until a few days go by.

Is there away to make PMs pop-up on default(for all users)? I couldn't find it in the settings
MG90

Post by MG90 »

I have a question.

I can't find the install.txt, or should be nothing there?

greez
MG90
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

DualFusion
Good Mod....I have it running live on one of my boards now and it works great! I'd give it two thumbs up right now, but I want that longer pm message. ;) :D
So at this point, one and half thumbs up! :lol:
When all else fails, read the instructions
pimpdaddy

Post by pimpdaddy »

will that not be set within the field size of the database column for the field mentioned?
mercville

Post by mercville »

i install [BETA] Welcome PM on First Login and did what it said to do.
log on to admin cpanel and click on system tab then Administration Control Panel then i get this

Code: Select all

General Error
Module not accessible
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: rdms@fg4eva.com
how do i fix that so i can use it to add my mods.

i also install this to the myphpadmin

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_enable', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_send_id', '2');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_subject', 'Welcome to our forums!');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_message', 'Hello, [b]{USERNAME}[/b]!\n\nWelcome to {SITE_NAME}. You registered on [b]{USER_REGDATE}[/b]. According to your input, your email is: [b]{USER_EMAIL}[/b].\n\n-Thank you for registering at {SITE_NAME}! :D');

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_preview', '');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_variables', '');
how do i find and delete the stuff that was put in the phpadmin that it install from the sql install !!
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

mercville wrote:i install [BETA] Welcome PM on First Login and did what it said to do.
log on to admin cpanel and click on system tab then Administration Control Panel then i get this

General Error
Module not accessible
how do i fix that so i can use it to add my mods.

i also install this to the myphpadmin

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_enable', '1');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_send_id', '2');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_subject', 'Welcome to our forums!');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_message', 'Hello, [b]{USERNAME}[/b]!\n\nWelcome to {SITE_NAME}. You registered on [b]{USER_REGDATE}[/b]. According to your input, your email is: [b]{USER_EMAIL}[/b].\n\n-Thank you for registering at {SITE_NAME}! :D');

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_preview', '');
INSERT INTO phpbb_config (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('wpm_variables', '');
how do i find and delete the stuff that was put in the phpadmin that it install from the sql install !!
This mod does work....first off when you say you click on System->Administration Control Panel do you see any modules at all?
You should see modules such as General, Forum etc. If you want this mod, you can leave the SQL where it is for now....it will not hurt the functioning of the board.
Have you manually edited the files:
includes/acp/acp_board.php,
includes/acp/info/acp_board.php,
includes/functions.php,
language/en/acp/board.php,
language/en/acp/common.php ?

And uploaded "functions_wpm.php" to the includes file?

I know when I did the mod, I uploaded a backup copy of the includes/functions instead of the modded one and I wondered why it didn't work....Dualfusion straightened me out though! :lol:
mercville

Post by mercville »

i did what u posted but i still get that error

General Error
Module not accessible
mercville

Post by mercville »

when i go to the system tab then i see Module management then i click on Administration Control Panel
i get what its say above but the ? is how do i get it to work normal again
DualFusion

Post by DualFusion »

Wow, a lot of comments while i have been away. :P

@mercville: I think you probably modified your files wrong, go over each file. Those modifications need to be exactly right to work, any little thing out of place, or even a ';' missing can give you an error.

@MG90: There should be no install.txt, open the .xml file in your browser and follow the steps to install.

@matgallis: Sure I will add that feature to the next version, and Read on...

@ladysarajane: You will get the other half of that thumb up soon :D Read on... ;)

@tufduc: Read on...

@everyone: About the PM Message, i thought I posted it here, but for the next version I will make the MOD run with its own table for unlimited message space :D The Subject line will be able to parse the dynamic variables, and you can even create your own own dynamic variables based on Custom Profile Fields that are enabled for the registration form. They will automatically be added :D For example, if you create a custom profile field called "full_name", and you enable it for view in the registration form, then you can easily put in the message: {CPF_full_name}. Also, I will try to implement any other dynamic variables you wish, after that, no more updates for a while unless there is an error with the mod.

Also, from my previous post:
DualFusion wrote:For the next version, I will add more features, and most likely a "special feature". I will add more dynamic variables like {USER_IP}. I will also implement a new db table, and for the subject to parse the dynamic variables as well.

Think about it hard, I am going to start doing the special feature in a little while, and after that, I am going to update this sucker, and after, there will be no more updates for a while.

And if with this feature, anyone gets an error, then it will be my fault and not your fault this time, ok? ;) Well, most likely :P

And if you are thinking of dynamic variables, phpBB3's user class variables can be found here

I was also thinking of adding:
  • {USER_ID}
    • The user id of the user.
    • May be used along with [url] tag to leave a link to users' profiles.
  • {USER_LANG}
    • Shows which is the language that the user prefered/chose.
  • {USER_TZ}
    • Tells the user what time zone he/she is in
Any more are welcome!! :grin: But remember if it is going to be based on the user class variables found in the link above, remember it is also based on the user's response in the registration form. And it doesnt have to be based on the user class at all, like the {SITE_NAME} and {SITE_DESC}. If you want others, post them, and we'll talk about it here.

And as for the "special feature", it will automatically install the mod or update it if you already have it installed :D
I might make this "special feature" a mod ;) so the expected release will take longer. :?
mercville

Post by mercville »

i understand that but if i put the forums back to how it was before i tryed to put that mod y am i still getting that message..

General Error
Module not accessible
also where do i put this at modx.prosilver.en and welcome_pm_on_first_login_v0.2.1
and this too welcome_pm_on_register its in the contrib folder. i edited them

Files to Edit
includes/acp/acp_board.php, 
includes/acp/info/acp_board.php, 
includes/functions.php, 
language/en/acp/board.php, 
language/en/acp/common.php 
like it says..

all i'm trying to do is get that ACP working again with out the mod on the site ... the mod is deleted but i need help to get the ACP working normal again.
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

Okay....First off with the new edits in the Sql database...shouldn't effect the admin panel at all.
So I wouldn't worry about those being there.

Second it must be a missplaced file. What editor do you use to edit files?
Lets get the admin module panel working again. Is this the only mod you have on the board right now?
If it is I would download another copy of phpBB3RC1. Extract the files...take the include file and upload it over the current include file then look in the language/en file and locate the acp file. Upload that over the current language/en/acp file.

That should restore your files to premod status and your ACP module should work. Be sure to clear everything but the .htaccess file out of the cache file.

If this doesn't restore the admin module panel....something else is wrong, because this will put back all the orginal files that may have been altered by you in editing. Do you know if you where able to access the admin module panel prior to the mod?

Now to get this mod to work....copy root/includes/functions_wpm.php to the includes folder. This file will be inside the 'includes' file. It will not affect the forum until other edits are completed.
The modx.prosilver.en and welcome_pm_on_first_login_v0.2.1xml do not have to be uploaded...but it is easier to look at with your browser when making edits.

Now Open your editor (notepad or notepad++ or whatever you use). Don't use Dreamweaver, because that program can add bloat code and it may affect the forums.

Open the first file in the phpBB3 file on your computer and make the edits according to the xml file. Be careful in following the directions. They are pretty straight forward. Save the file. Finish editing the other files and saving them....
Then upload the includes file and the language/en file again to the forum. That will put the edited files in the correct places...make sure you tell the FTP software to overwrite the files that are currently there.

Clear the cache folder again (expect for the .htaccess file) and close the FTP client.

After installation, go to your Administrator Control Panel.
Click on Systems tab.
On the left hand side, choose "Administation Control Panel" under "Module Management".
Then choose "General", then "Board Config".
In the combo box (select) choose "Welcome PM on First Login.
Add Module, and complete!

Before using this MOD clear your cache.
Go to the index page of the ACP and choose 'Purge Cache'.
The module panel should be visible. If not make sure your adminstrator privledges give you access to the ACP->module panel.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”