[ABD] Welcome PM on First Login v2.0.0

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
mercville

Re: [BETA] Welcome PM on First Login

Post by mercville »

Lets get the admin module panel working again. Is this the only mod you have on the board right now?
If it is I would download another copy of phpBB3RC1. Extract the files...take the include file and upload it over the current include file then look in the language/en file and locate the acp file. Upload that over the current language/en/acp file.

That should restore your files to premod status and your ACP module should work. Be sure to clear everything but the .htaccess file out of the cache file.

If this doesn't restore the admin module panel....something else is wrong, because this will put back all the orginal files that may have been altered by you in editing. Do you know if you where able to access the admin module panel prior to the mod?
i did all u said to do but still same problem

Code: Select all

General Error
Module not accessible
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: rdms@fg4eva.com
i log in to admin cp then click on system tab then Administration Control Panel then i get that message!
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

Then you must have a problem not related to the mod. All those files should have restored the ACP-modules to you. Do you have Full Admin priviledges on the forum?
I cannot think of why you would still have a problem because the all the files that would have been altered have been replaced by the new unaltered files.
When all else fails, read the instructions
mercville

Post by mercville »

yes i have full admin its my sons site trying to fix it ... for what i can see it have to be more like sql database to get that to work i guess ...

if u want to see what i'm talking about i give u admin so u can look at it ...
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

I recieved the info mercville and the Admin Module control panel is back and working and the Welcome Pm Mod is now working too!
Now I will figure out what happened to that Purge the Cache button. Strange that it isn't even showing a place for it.

What I did in a nutshell was to backup the database first.
Then I downloaded the config.php file onto my hard drive to keep it safe.
Then I uploaded a brand new phpBB3 folder.
I changed the file attributes according to install instructions of phpBB3, then I deleted the install folder.
I uploaded the (saved) config.php overwriting the current one in the phpBB3 folder. Then I renamed the old forum file as forums_old then renamed the phpBB3 folder as forums(your original name for them)
Then I checked it out and it worked except for the missing cache button....but that was missing on the old one also. :shock:
Since the sql had the correct mod alterations on it...I just modded the files according to the instructions on the mod and uploaded them to the correct places. Then I added the functions_wpm.php to the includes folder as per mod instructions. The module then showed up and I activated it.

I think a wrong file was edited somewhere before, so uploading new files solved the problem of finding the wrong edited file. But I don't know about that cache button...it is MIA! :lol:
DualFusion

Post by DualFusion »

lol, good job ladysarajane!! You went through alot for him :P

I think, the reasone the purge button isnt there is probably because hes running b5 instead of rc1. Also, he probably got that errror because he didnt remove the module, thats why he gets the errors in the systems tab.
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

We figured out about the MIA "Purge the Cache Button" on STG. Only founders have that button. So when I uploaded all the files again, he had that button available to him. As long as the instructions are good and the mod is good! I can install it. ;) I may not be able to write them...but I can get them to work. :lol:
DualFusion

Post by DualFusion »

excellent!! :D
bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

Is this mod stable enuf to use or should i wait untill next version ?
saaiberke

Post by saaiberke »

I'm using it without any problem and it works. So I guess it is stable enough. ;)

Grtz,

Nic
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

It works great right now. Dual Fusion is working on a more advance one to increase the characters on the Welcome Message (right now it is limited to 255 characters) and a more improved installation and upgrade feature on it.
DualFusion

Post by DualFusion »

Though the next one may not be as stable as the current one :P

The next version will contain a self-installation and self-upgrade feature, as well as a version checker :D

Well, when you first install or upgrade, and you have a sql database besides MySQL, I am not sure if that will work. Or even after, but it will definetely work for MySQL :D If anyone has a database besides MySQL, maybe you can help me test it out, ok? :D

But I assure, when it is released, everything will be working great! I am just going to need help testing on other database types :)

EDIT: I cant believe RC2 is out! :D It may even be gold if theres no more bugs :D I will this mod compatible with the new version, and I will still support RC1 for who ever still hasnt upgraded. If anyone can, can you test the current version on rc2? Too busy working on the new version of this mod :P
Tufduc

Post by Tufduc »

I tried to install with a fresh install of RC2 but i can not see where to install the code in includes/functions.php

Open: includes/functions.php

Find
Tip: This may be a partial find and not the whole line.

// Make sure the user is able to hide his session
Add after
Tip: Add these lines on a new blank line after the preceding line(s) to find.

/*
			 * Welcome PM on First Login (WPM)
			 * By DualFusion
			 */
			if($config['wpm_enable'] && $user->data['user_lastvisit'] == 0)
			{
				include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_wpm.' . $phpEx);
				send_wpm($user->data['user_id']);
			}
			/* End WPM */
Thanks Tufduc
Cheers,

Tufduc
Ladysarajane

Post by Ladysarajane »

I also came across that...that was the only file that the update couldn't merge.....I need confirmation from Dual Fusion but what I did is look for :

// append/replace SID (may change during the session for AOL users)
         $redirect = reapply_sid($redirect);
And after it put:

/*
          * Welcome PM on First Login (WPM)
          * By DualFusion
          */
         if($config['wpm_enable'] && $user->data['user_lastvisit'] == 0)
         {
            include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_wpm.' . $phpEx);
            send_wpm($user->data['user_id']);
         }
         /* End WPM */
Save the file and upload it.

I tested with a New test user and it worked on my forum. Hopefully Dual Fusion will soon confirm that is where the code should go.
But that will get you up and running for now.
awiekupos

Post by awiekupos »

Yeah, nice mod. Looking forward for the limited 255 character issue. As soon as it fixed then this mod would be more than enough for people like me :lol:

Keep up the good works!

Cheers,
Sha
http://www.emenang.com/v3
Biggest Contest Forum in Malaysia
Got any contest? Feel free to post it here.
thebluebus

Post by thebluebus »

think i'll wait for phpbb3 gold before installing this, mainly because i'm getting sick of reinstalling mods already :lol:

but i will be using it. great mod

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”